It is currently Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:27 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 438 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 30  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:13 pm 

IngisKahn wrote:
I posted the settings for level 1 and level 10 pellets, you can hit levels 2, 3, 8, and 9 by decreasing the amount sliders. They wouldn't be optimal (time wise) but they'll do the job.

LOL, thanks! I read that post but never tried the other settings. Going off to set ovens for a nice long bake time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:25 pm 

Herohtar wrote:
JanB wrote:
I you look at the proces and the way the plant is configured technically, I do think it would make sense, as each oven is feeded by a dedicated mixer.
It would also make sense, if an oven would start only if the feeding mixer is running.

Oh, I think it would make sense, and it would have been cool if it had started out that way, but what I meant was that changing it *now* wouldn't make any sense. I mean, the ovens have been working fine since day 1, then suddenly they're dependent on the mixers?
Not so much. They just start working "better". The recipe(s) might be different, but we wouldn't end up with the "strong" and "weak" ovens, or they won't be as off. :roll:

Might give us something else to do in the event they don't have another Age ready to go for one Episode. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:31 pm 

I am getting about 930 points per pellet.

I have one machine on 30/20/10 and the other 3 on 40/30/30.

Time to cook I am not sure of, as I go off and do something else but I try to cook 2 or 3 batches a day, and I get a lovely orange glow in the silo.

So I get about 4665 or a bit points per batch.

With all 4 machines set on 40/30/20 I was getting abut 600 per pellet and an orange glow initially which then spread out white.

So, I think I gave found the right recipe for me.

I have about 42,500 points at present.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:53 pm 

That recipe should have a cook time of 4 hours, as the machines are geared to turn on to finish at the same time. So you have to go by the highest time 40 (40 * 6 / 60 = 4 hrs).

This recipe seems to give the best results -

[spoiler]Super oven (when facing the pellet machine, 1st on the left) - 19.5/50/19.5

Other ovens - 19.5/50/50

Takes 2 hours to cook and averages about 960/pellet.

There are recipes that score higher and take longer to cook which are better if you only have time to dump the pellets once per day. Two hours is just about right for me to do at least 2 batches per day.[/spoiler]

KI #6725475

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:09 pm 

I've tried a few different recipes based on all your great research and suggestions, but the 30-30-30 nets me in the high 900s per pellet. The blue line goes a bit about the center.

I'm pretty sure that we don't want the line to reach the top because we're not out to make super pellets because they harm the plant life in the lake, but has anyone come up with a recipe that's made the blue line go all the way to the top?

I'm not going to fiddle and nitpick over a few points when a basic recipe seems to be working for me, but has anyone gotten more than 1000 points for a single pellet?

Sorry if these questions seem daft, but I'm still unclear what we're going for here. With the discovery of the "super oven" and such, what does all that mean to us humble pellet pushers? I originally thought the number in your KI would reset upon each batch so you could see what each batch totals, but now that some of us (not me yet) are pressing into the millions, what do we get? Beside the satisfaction of a job well done. :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:17 pm 
Obduction Backer

I did get one batch of pellets that shot the meter all the way to 100%. The only problem was that they were exploders. Nice effect, but I only dropped the one and dumped the rest. Didn't want to hurt the poor algae.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:21 pm 
Obduction Backer

Nobody has yet reported a single pellet value over 1000.

"With the discovery of the "super oven" and such, what does all that mean to us humble pellet pushers?"

Not much, except that you can get a near-perfect batch of pellets in two hours instead of three.

A bunch of people could concentrate on learning the exact response curve of each oven individually. This has not yet happened.

"now that some of us (not me yet) are pressing into the millions, what do we get? Beside the satisfaction of a job well done."

Satisfaction, and bragging rights.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:22 pm 
Obduction Backer

I've concluded that "optimum" takes the meter close to that middle line ("50%"). Above is "too much," and below is "not enough" of ... whatever. :)

[spoiler]30-30-30 is the best formula I've found, and I'm sticking to it for now.[/spoiler]

:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:25 pm 

Speculation abounds that we might get some type of reward tied to our pellet score. Greydragon popped into a thread and mentioned that they (Cyan) would not be tracking the pellet scores without a purpose. The discussion in the thread was about rewards at the time.

Greydragon also said that the lake will light up based on the actual effort of the Explorers this time (as opposed to the GZ, that was pretty much pointless). Throwing in bad pellets will hamper this effort.

KI #6725475

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:34 am 

Gelwyn wrote:
Greydragon also said that the lake will light up based on the actual effort of the Explorers this time (as opposed to the GZ, that was pretty much pointless).

Only half true. Greydragon said no such thing about the GZ.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 4:19 am 

Right, which is why I put ()'s around it, as it was my opinion.

KI #6725475

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:34 am 
Obduction Backer

belford wrote:

My pellet values from a batch done yesterday...
1000, 990, 970, 1000, 982.
[spoiler]I am using recipe 30/30/30 which is giving me a 974 average over the last 7 days.[/spoiler]
:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:18 pm 

Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States of America
The 2 hour recipe also nets 1000 points; however, it is much more precise than the 3 hour one. If you have a slider that is off by .5 then you won't get an optimal batch. Also, the time slider on the strong oven is off a bit. This doesn't matter for the 3 hour recipe since at 30/30/30 the strong oven shorts out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 4:41 pm 

belford wrote:

I had one a hair over 1100. But, the batch was incredibly variable, with most pellets being down around 250-350, IIRC.

belford wrote:
A bunch of people could concentrate on learning the exact response curve of each oven individually. This has not yet happened.

Keep your eye on the DRC forums. Perhaps even today. I think you will learn of an interesting report, part of which does exactly that. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:29 pm 
Obduction Backer

I'm eagerly awaiting your report... :shock:

I was thinking of doing this myself... but you know with 3 kids... time isn't exactly on my side!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 438 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 30  Next