It is currently Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:35 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 438 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:11 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
Je'thren, if you have any other questions about pellets or contributing to the lake lighting, you can probably find the answer in the Lake Lighting Project Historical Data Links in the History and Myths section.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:12 am 

Hi folks!
The question on my mind is; do we know or have proof of what are the best pellets to drop. Is it KI-score maximum that is best.
I've been browsing these extensive reading tips found here to see if there is a definite answer to that question. After 2h of reading I assumed that it is assumed that this is so. Is there a hint or a proof. Who measures the score into the KI, is it the DRC that wired the measurement into the KI?
Please point me to the right discussion if you know it.

/Frej

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:53 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
In the second post of the Lake Lighting Project Historical Data Links are two sections which might answer your question: PELLET RECIPES - Experiments & Discussions with three links to discussions about this and PELLET POINTS DATA COLLECTION which explains how the data is collected. And, this post by RAWA might help as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:53 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Hanging around with mermaids. And still looking for the elusive Funky Bahro.
I looked all through this thread, and I'm surprised no-one brought up this ki-mail we all got back in '07:

http://drcarch.thecitadel.nl/communicat ... -analysis/

I'd like to also add (and I think I may have mentioned this before) that if the folks at Cyan are really serious about getting explorers to keep dropping pellets, it would be a good idea to send this ki-mail again, especially to the newbies. Better yet, post it on an imager somewhere, like say, Kirel or the GoG Hood - or maybe even in the Fun House, hint hint hint. (That's a hint, by the way.)

KI numbers:
TOOO 24657
Magical Mystery TOOO 643784
Institution TOOO 816645
Karaoke TOOO 816776

~and featuring~

Murinna (the mermaid) 2484723
Mallina (the other mermaid) 3015052

Second Life: TOOO Fall

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:35 pm 

Thank you Tai'lahr and TOOO
The KI-mail TOOO mentions were in my KI-Mail though I started my explorers in dec 07 and feb 08 repectively. Don't know if it was relayed by the messengers or greeters or if it was part of the DRC-info to all new explorers at the time. Seeing it rang a bell. I remember it well but assumed that it was an image in a notebook that I now must fail to find. Thank you for putting that straight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:23 pm 
Obduction Backer

Thanks for the links..very informative in my endeavor to inform others, new and old.

Moul(A)II Charura KI#296707 Char Gearz KI#600002 Teri Dactyl KI#600568 Chickopee KI#601018 Cannon Belle KI#601422

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:10 pm 
Obduction Backer

Another useful link:

http://forum.guildofwriters.org/viewtop ... 117&t=5976

Moul(A)II Charura KI#296707 Char Gearz KI#600002 Teri Dactyl KI#600568 Chickopee KI#601018 Cannon Belle KI#601422

Post subject: Re: Er'cana pellets
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:31 pm 
Obduction Backer

Sorry, I do not read all topics carefully.
If the post to here is not appropriate, please permit it.

viewtopic.php?p=179788#p179788
viewtopic.php?p=180823#p180823

The highest score of Pellet which I recorded so far was 1,000 points at Pellet 1 unit.
The recipe was 30-30-30.
Does the highest score that one Pellet gets exist other than this recipe?

Because everybody records the highest score too in a short term, I am surprised. :shock:

Toki #00084908
TOKIO #02973205

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:08 am 

There are plenty recipes that can score up to 1,000 points for one pellet. But I've never heard of one that does guarantee that value. I think the 30-30-30 is popular because it is easy to remember, easy to setup and has a small chance to score a perfect batch (5,000 points for 5 pellets). However, getting 4,900 and more points per batch is a good result.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:14 pm 
Obduction Backer

Hi, cpt-jericho!!
Thank you for telling me it. :D

Then everybody earns a score steadily. 8)

Toki #00084908
TOKIO #02973205

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:25 pm 
Obduction Backer

There was a recipe once that people used because it baked quicker? 19 1/2 - 50 - 19 1/2 then the other machines are set to 19 1/2 - 50 - 50 which bakes in two hours and yields about the same as 30 - 30 - 30 that takes 3 hours..the key to this recipe is that you need to enter it at the correct machine to start which I believe is 4?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:58 am 
Obduction Backer

Charura is pretty correct.

Fast Er'cana Pellet Recipe
Oven #4 - is on the LEFT of the initial entrance point (where the switch on the wall is)
Set Ovens 1,2, & 3 to 19.5 50 50
Set Oven #4 to 19.5 50 19.5

If you are precise it takes 1 hour 50 minutes to get pellets that will score over 960 each. A range of 960 - 985 is normal.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:28 am 

HenryMikel wrote:
Charura is pretty correct.

Fast Er'cana Pellet Recipe
Oven #4 - is on the LEFT of the initial entrance point (where the switch on the wall is)
Set Ovens 1,2, & 3 to 19.5 50 50
Set Oven #4 to 19.5 50 19.5

If you are precise it takes 1 hour 50 minutes to get pellets that will score over 960 each. A range of 960 - 985 is normal.

I've used this recipe, and I think it's worth pointing out that setting it to 19.5 can very tricky to get exactly right.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:31 pm 

My Minions and I have been baking pellets and scoring them since The Great Restoration a week ago. I've been presumptive thus far that having all the ovens at the same settings (time, pressure and temperature variables) is a Good Thing with greater reliability, and more important, simplicity. Three independent variables produces a 4-D plotting with the 4th dimension being the dependent one (pellet score). Not possible to depict this with any great clarity in our 3-D Universe, unless you can animate one of the independent variables to show what happens to a 3-D surface depicting the other two independent (X and Y axes) with the dependent one (Z-axis) as the animated one is varied.

From reviewing the limited amount of data from my own experiments there may be more than one maxima among the three variables. In other words, it's not linear, with one or more of the variables quadratic or even cubic, which can result in multiple maxima. In addition I suspect interaction between at least two variables, i.e. if you change one variable it affects not just the score, but how another variable behaves and affects the score.

I wouldn't expect optimal pellet manufacturing to be a simple relationship between the variables. That would make it too easy for explorers to determine by simple trial and error, albeit a collective one sharing information, as in this extensive thread. Would also be much too easy for anyone familiar with basic statistical analyses, ANOVA and linear regression.

Having some experience in Experiment Design helps find at least one maxima quickly. I was initially presumptive that there is only one maxima, and at worst there would possibly be one quadratic variable (i.e. a variable squared), and perhaps one two-factor interaction (i.e. behavior of one variable depends on another variable's value). A little more complex would be the possibility of an otherwise linear variable having a point of discontinuity, that it's behavior might be linear but with a different slope on each side of a specific value, which might appear to be a parabolic quadratic and could be approximated as one.

I found one maxima, and it's a good one. Took only six runs to find values close enough to know I was in its vicinity. The technique used is called, in technobabble, a partial factorial design, followed by a method called "splitting the dictionary." I suspect it's not the best of multiple maxima, which may have shifted with one or more of the restorations. The one I've found thus far is in the vicinity of these values:
[Reveal] Spoiler:
  • Time: 25
  • Pressure: 37.5
  • Temperature: 37.5
  • Mean Score: ~900
There is some interaction between Pressure and Temperature. Either can be increased slightly, but do not increase both together, nor decrease either of them (together or separately). For those seeking "short bake time" settings that return a high score, but not necessarily the highest, these can be used. Shift much from any of these in any direction and the score starts to plummet. It's a small peak in the solution surface.

For those who want more of the gory experiment design details:
The partial factorial was six runs with three levels for each of the three independent variables (time, press, temp). Doing a full 3^3 factorial would require just that, 3^3 or 27 runs and would be very time consuming to say the least. A well designed partial factorial can reveal quite a bit of information about the process at hand very quickly. I was down to values nearly on top of those above in just 18 runs, using what was learned from all prior runs to do additional partial factorials homing in on the maxima. (Getting into further details here would be lengthy and likely too much technobabble.)

I'm currently working on discovering if there are other maxima, and if so, what they are.

John

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:43 pm 

jalind wrote:
For those who want more of the gory experiment design details:
The partial factorial was six runs with three levels for each of the three independent variables (time, press, temp). Doing a full 3^3 factorial would require just that, 3^3 or 27 runs and would be very time consuming to say the least. A well designed partial factorial can reveal quite a bit of information about the process at hand very quickly. I was down to values nearly on top of those above in just 18 runs, using what was learned from all prior runs to do additional partial factorials homing in on the maxima. (Getting into further details here would be lengthy and likely too much technobabble.)

I'm currently working on discovering if there are other maxima, and if so, what they are.

John

I don't know how much help this could be to you, but some people got together and collated a lot of data on the pellets. It's where A friend of mine found the 19.5/50/19.5 recipe mentioned above ...
Er'cana Pellet Database

I hope it helps
Alien

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 438 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next