It is currently Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:41 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:59 pm 

boblishman wrote:
yeah....I have mine parked outside the tunnel.... waiting for guests :D

Such a nice host! ;)

FTLNewsFeed

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:38 pm 
Obduction Backer

Did you know you could leave the tram section of the train in the upper part of factory and the train itself will still run and stop where ever you want.
[spoiler]Once in upper section with tram, relto out, then come back to link in point and go to train. It will still be able to move. If you want to know how to stop it. Read next spoiler.[/spoiler]
[spoiler]On the panel,near the handle where you pull the lever, once moving, look for a hot spot near the call button on panel. You may have to move curser around to find hotspot. But it will stop train. If you want to get tram back, go to factory with train and hit the right button on panel and it will call the tram back down.[/spoiler]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:41 pm 

A group of us did this in Er'cana. Only problem is, it renders the cart inoperable. We trapped someone in the factory (sorry Hero! hehe).

KI #6725475

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:36 am 

Yeah, I've done that, too.

Nowadays I just link to the cloth between the ovens and the dispenser. One day when I decided to a tour back through the factory, I forgot I left the car in the slot. I walked/climbed right through the bottom of the car, but I couldn't get past the gates...

I felt real intelligent when that happened... :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:45 am 

That sounds like a bug actually. If you don't send the car back, the gate above should have been open and the gate below closed, preventing you from continuing on into the factory.

Sounds like the car glitched. If it doesn't reset, you should send a ticket in to have it fixed.

KI #6725475

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:30 pm 

No, no, no...

Let me clarify:

I started back where the pellets are made and went back through the factory in the opposite direction.

Where I'm talking about is the area underneath the cart with the power switch and the ladder. When I climbed back up with the cart still in place I could clip through the bottom of the cart but I couldn't continue back into the round room with the holes in the ceiling and the light shining down because the gate down at the bottom was closed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:38 pm 

Ah, you at some point took the cart into the factory and then Relto'd out? That's the only way I could think the cart should legitimately be inside the factory.

Did you ever fix the problem? If a person intentionally left the cart inside the factory and then Relto'd out, is there even a way to get the cart back? I don't think you can call the cart from the Harvester can you?

KI #6725475

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:04 pm 

Gelwyn wrote:
If a person intentionally left the cart inside the factory and then Relto'd out, is there even a way to get the cart back? I don't think you can call the cart from the Harvester can you?

Yes, you can, thankfully.

That's what the grey-blue button on the harvester control panel is for.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:16 pm 

Ah, okay, cool. I haven't messed with the Harvester much. Too busy making pellets and working on a marker quest for Er'cana. =o)

KI #6725475

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:15 pm 
Obduction Backer

In off-line Uru, I never knew there was a way to send the tram away and still get through the gate, so I always touched the shell cloth, got back in the tram, rode it down, went to Relto and bookmarked back to Er'cana. It made perfect sense - as much as all the roundabout with the elevator before I learned you could shove the stone into the walkway gap in front of the pellet room. :lol: In the process I learned how to call the tram back to the harvester if I had neglected to ride it back down.

I hated that detouring, but it fit in so well with Ahnonay... :evil:

:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:54 pm 

Yeah, me too.

"No, that's the long way. You need to do this..."

[d'oh!] :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:28 pm 
Obduction Backer

Kerryth wrote:
In off-line Uru, I never knew there was a way to send the tram away and still get through the gate, so I always touched the shell cloth, got back in the tram, rode it down, went to Relto and bookmarked back to Er'cana. It made perfect sense - as much as all the roundabout with the elevator before I learned you could shove the stone into the walkway gap in front of the pellet room. :lol: In the process I learned how to call the tram back to the harvester if I had neglected to ride it back down.

LOL! In the standalone I absolutely hated that gate that kept closing so fast. It took me dozens of tries to jump over it as it was closing! Duh, didn't even think about reltoing out... ah ha ha.

In Live, I finally thought about reltoing out.. (that was an exciting day) then they fixed the fast-action gate and if I back up quickly I can get out before the tram leaves.

Now for stopping the train. I was hurtling back to pick up a friend when she yelled she I had just passed her since she was running to my end. Without thinking I clicked on/near the lever and voila! the darned thing stopped! Dumb luck, that. But it gave us lots of ideas for comedy shows, lol.

A story: De Landria

Ghaelen: Moula.2 KI #64299

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:31 pm 

Gelwyn wrote:
As far as I'm aware, the track is not solid. I haven't tried the entire length of it, of course, but I have tried a couple of spots and flew right through it. The pillars supporting the track, on the other hand, are solid.

Not the very first pillar; at least not if you jump from the train. Here's how:

1. Take the train to the station and ride the tram
2. Link back in
3. Set the train in reverse
4. Call back the tram with the button, but start the train before the tram attaches

You'll also be in for a surprise when you drive the train back to the station.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:50 am 

Kerryth wrote:

Ya know, I never thought about trying that. I guess that's why the cloth is right there? *smacks head*
I always just pull the lever and run back before the gate closes... :)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2