It is currently Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:15 am

All times are UTC

When do you think we will have access to the Spy Room?
Before the next episode! 4%  4%  [ 6 ]
During the next episode! 35%  35%  [ 47 ]
After the next episode! 60%  60%  [ 81 ]
Total votes : 134
 Post subject: Spy Room Speculation!
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 8:20 pm 

Does anybody have an idea when we see, or be able to use the the book that takes us to spy room. People have said it has already been downloaded, just not in use. Any thoughts? I have checked the niche, and there is nothing there, yet! :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 8:23 pm 

It was available briefly during the Myst Online: Uru Live Preview in December of last year. It was empty, and much, much smaller than in To D'ni. That's not to say the situation will not change, but I'd say we might see it sometime relatively soon... Sharper may put some stuff there about his research trip to Noloben... stuff he may not want the DRC to see...

Well, unless they're playing video games, in which case heros die a lot too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:43 pm 

You forgot to add the option of "I don't think we'll see it at all" :P Sharper has already commented on this earlier, saying that there is no use for the spyroom now. Since there are no IC reasons for him to bring it back, I seriously doubt we'll be seeing it again any time soon, if at all.

Maratanos: Smaller?? :shock: I don't see how it could possibly be any smaller than what was in the offline game -- there was barely any room to walk around in the first place.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:15 pm 

But maybe someone else will put something there...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:28 pm 

Herohtar wrote:
Sharper has already commented on this earlier, saying that there is no use for the spyroom now.

Well, this could change...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:29 am 

Well, after Sharper dies in a bloodly wrestling match with a Bahro, maybe that's where they'll put up his memorial. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:57 am 

Umm, I really do not know. I really want to go to phil's relto and kirel.

Papa G's twin KI:
Papa G's Triplet KI:
About me: I specialize in the ages and music, but I know NOTHING about the storyline. I am just here for fun.
(I will put in a pic of all my stuff later.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 1:00 am 

PapaG wrote:
Umm, I really do not know. I really want to go to phil's relto and kirel.

I seriously doubt Kirel is going to be released in that fashion this time around.

Well, unless they're playing video games, in which case heros die a lot too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 1:39 am 

Herohtar wrote:
You forgot to add the option of "I don't think we'll see it at all" :P Sharper has already commented on this earlier, saying that there is no use for the spyroom now. Since there are no IC reasons for him to bring it back, I seriously doubt we'll be seeing it again any time soon, if at all.

Yet, they updated the files for it in Live 5. It certainly won't serve the same purpose that it did in the offline game, but the offline use may have been modified from the original intended purpose to give us a way to get the city open in the absence of the DRC. Just like so many of the things in PotS were modified and are now getting back to their multiplayer roots.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:34 am 
Obduction Backer

Maratanos wrote:
It was empty, and much, much smaller than in To D'ni.

It wasn't really that big to begin with. I say it was maybe half the size, at least. The important elements (Phil's Relto excepted) were all there, though. You don't need that much room to make a spyroom.

And yeah, Kirel's going to be released in a different way. We'll probably be able to make our own Kirels in the same manner as we now make our own Bevins. The absense of Phil's Relto, indeed, makes me wonder if we'll ever see it again (I think it, and also Kirel though that's coming back for different reasons, were simply attempts to recreate Live offline. They were given different colour schemes and such to make them more interesting.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:29 am 

Bogardan Mage wrote:
They were given different colour schemes and such to make them more interesting.)

I, for one, definitely want to see Kirel again. I much prefer the blue theme to the yellow theme of Bevin :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 1:14 pm 

Kirel is on the list of restoration projects at the DRC site, currently in phase 5 but being delayed. I would say we might even see it in the next episode or the one after that. As for Phil's Relto, I don't think we'll ever see it, everything that was there would probably be released in a more "official" context through the DRC. I just hope Yeesha leaves us the night time Relto page!

KI# 00140468

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:10 pm 

this is a new (read perverted from original) DRC . they know it is a spyroom. they have no inclination to let us know what is going on other than what they want to tell us when they are in the cavern. Hence no updates to their website or their time schedule on said site.

If they release the spyroom it is likely that they will either disable the telescope somehow or put window blinds on their office.

I believe it is unlikely to be released with the book that was in Teledahn since Sharper was the one who put the book there, and though i have asked him to put it back, he is far too concerned with hus current endeavors to even think about being the character he used to be. ( think Great Tree)

KI#283599

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:56 pm 

Soup_Fork wrote:
this is a new (read perverted from original) DRC . they know it is a spyroom. they have no inclination to let us know what is going on other than what they want to tell us when they are in the cavern. Hence no updates to their website or their time schedule on said site.

If they release the spyroom it is likely that they will either disable the telescope somehow or put window blinds on their office.

I believe it is unlikely to be released with the book that was in Teledahn since Sharper was the one who put the book there, and though i have asked him to put it back, he is far too concerned with hus current endeavors to even think about being the character he used to be. ( think Great Tree)

Then perhaps someone non-DRC will release it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:58 pm 

I thought I read somewhere that the DRC doesn't meet in the Tokotah anymore. So, even if he wanted to, there isn't much for Sharper to spy on in that room. /shrug

My guess, if we'll be getting it at all, is when Kirel is released. Maybe the egg room will have something different inside. :D

And about the size: here's a pic of the place stuffed full of people. (This wasn't taken in 1st person veiw. Unlike in To D'ni, it's the only 3rd person camera veiw there was inside) :)

[spoiler=Click to veiw a picture]Image[/spoiler]