It is currently Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:00 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:47 pm 

Hello,

This has been an issue with me ever since the GZ was activated, since I have been unable to see my KI Coordinates. Since I heard that some of my buddies could, I filed a bug report, and Here is the conversation:

Quote:

1 Message by you on Fri, 6th Jul 2007 10:16 am
I cannot see the Great Zero Coordinates inside my Ki, from either in the City or anywhere else in D'ni or the ages. Others can, so I assume this is a bug.
2 Message by Jbronson on Fri, 6th Jul 2007 2:31 pm
Well first you must have completed the marker missions. Have you?

J.Bronson
Uru Live Support Team
3 Message by you on Fri, 6th Jul 2007 2:41 pm
The inital marker missions, the ones required to access the GZ, yes. I didn't, however, do the other ones, assuming since the GZ was operational now, that it was not needed.
4 Message by Jbronson on Fri, 6th Jul 2007 2:46 pm
As far as I know you must get them all to see the coordinates.

J.Bronson
Uru Live Support Team

So I started doing the Marker missions in the 'hood's GZ, but as we were wrapping up, I also heard down the grapevine that they didn't do anything.

So what I am asking is: Can people really see their Ki coordinates and What is nessicary to see them?

Thanks,
WC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:57 pm 
Obduction Backer

Yes, most of us can see them. (They appear in the upper right corner of the full-screen KI interface. Only in Aegura, the Bevins, the Pub, and the other Cavern areas.)

The requirement is that you finish the initial marker missions (red and green lights), and then the fourteen missions from the machines in the rear GZ area. It doesn't matter how fast you do them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:59 pm 

Allright, thanks belford. I was under that impression, so I might as well go and finish them now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:31 pm 
Obduction Backer

Yes, you can see your coordinates on your KI, once it is calibrated.

I thought that only the first 30 markers, the red and green ones, needed to be completed for the KI to begin providing coordinates. But I may be confused with Prologue/ABM.

I think the IC logic was that after the first 30, the KI provides coordinates that you can then use to note the location of each of the markers in the 14 CGZMs. That information, supposedly "read" by the GZ system as part of the marker acquisition process, helped "calibrate" the GZ's settings to verify it was in "true", in some sort of automatic process, with the progess of completion of the calibration process being shown on the progress display located on the wall above the GZ beam as you exit the GZ Calibration forechamber.

As we know, for Live, that process turned out to be not so automatic. Rather, after completing the 14 CGZMs many times each by several explorers, Laxman pronounced it good and fired it up, which sort of pulled the curtain back a bit, and made everyone realize that all of their work completing the CGZMs over and over did not really have any effect of how long it took to calibrate the GZ.

I think that old procedure changed for Live, so that now you not only havce to complete the initial 30, AND the 14 CGZMs, under the theory that your KI isn't "synched" enough with the GZ to show coordinates until that is done. Once done, you are syched, and get to see the coordinates.

Try completing the 14 CGZM marker missions and see what happens. They really don't take that much time to complete. Maybe 10 minutes, on average, each, at the most. Many in much shorter time. And they are kinda fun.

If you still don't see the coordinates in the upper right corner of your opened KI screen after that, looks like you have a bug.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:45 pm 
Obduction Backer

I seem to remember that in the original version, the co-ordinates would display whether your KI was open or not. I'm pretty sure that I could see the co-ordinates constantly resetting as I ran, which really helped in mapping you position. Now they only display as I open my KI. Or am I imagining this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:55 pm 

You are right, cuprik, and I'm missing this feature. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:32 pm 

cuprik wrote:
I seem to remember that in the original version, the co-ordinates would display whether your KI was open or not.

I filed a bug on this missing feature already.

Another effect some may see (also filed) is that the coordinates shown in the KI, and any saved markers, change when moving between locations in the Cavern (e.g. from Ae'gura to Bevin to a rooftop).

D'nn (dmuk)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:45 am 

cuprik wrote:
I seem to remember that in the original version, the co-ordinates would display whether your KI was open or not. I'm pretty sure that I could see the co-ordinates constantly resetting as I ran, which really helped in mapping you position. Now they only display as I open my KI. Or am I imagining this?

You're not imagining it. That was in the To D'ni expansion pack. :)

I don't really miss it here on Live. I think things would get too cluttered on the screen with the chat lines and the Age Players-Buddies-Neighbors list along with it. But, as long as they gave people the option to turn it off the small KI, I wouldn't mind them adding it back. /shrug

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:07 am 

cuprik wrote:

The response I got a while back, is that they have changed the design of how KI co-ordinates are displayed, and they are unlikely to change it back.

I miss that old design.
Submit a "feature request" at support.mystonline.com
with enough support behind it they may change it.

Lian-Li PC-V1000 plus II case, 600W powersupply, Striker Extreme motherboard, Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 CPU, nVidia 8800GTS 512, 2x1GB Corsair memory @ 800Mhz, 5.1 audio, wireless mouse, 200GB main hard disk.
Grogyan KI# 00793984 -> www.guildofwriters.com