It is currently Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:30 am

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:07 pm 

Teedyo wrote:
D'Lanor wrote:
Sorry I don't do IC discussions. Just helping a neighbor out here. And the explanation seems good enough for him.

IC/OOC has no bearing on the matter. Your answer was half correct and half incorrect. The OP was half correct and half uninformed. Fortunately, the correct half of your answer fixed his uninformed half. Unfortunately, the incorrect half of your answer just served to confuse since it was in direct contrast to the truth.

The whole spoiler forum is OOC as far as I'm concerned. I hate the cryptic clues which often mislead people from the right path.

When the pods were first available I didn't know about the portals and I just thought they were unfinished places to visit. I said this to someone in the game and in a seemingly helpful way he told me to go wait in one of the pods and I'll get a big surprise. I immediately went to every pod, tried everything and couldn't make them work. I later find out that the darn portal apears once every 15 or so hours for about 30 seconds. I was really angry off that it was just suggested I go wait, like it happens every 15 minutes or something. I finally searched online and got my spoilers to solve the pods, but that explorer completely ruined it for me and I think he was just screwing with me.

So I appreciate what BrettM is saying about the games some people play. I won't trust anyone in-game anymore. If I'm stuck, I'll just come to my favorite forum and see what everyone is talking about.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:10 pm 

MatthewH12 wrote:
I was using the old POTS walkthru from GOG because originally I couldn't find one for Live's Er'cana. Hence why I had to search the forums to find the Bahro cave since Ahonay isn't out yet. :-D

If it's not a testing machine, what is it? ;-)

--Matt

Check GoG again in a day or two. You might find something new to read about Er'cana.

edit: Actually now is a good time to check :)

Last edited by johnsojc on Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:58 pm 
Obduction Backer

"I won't trust anyone in-game anymore. If I'm stuck, I'll just come to my favorite forum and see what everyone is talking about."

You can get poor hints anywhere. Giving good hints requires care; lots of people can't do it, and lots more only think they can.

The only problem with getting hints in-game is that there may not be oversight or support from other players. Particularly if you're alone, or whispering. On a forum, other readers will chime in and correct mistakes or bad assumptions. (But then, they may also chime in with spoilers or mistakes. I've seen that happen too.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:37 pm 

I didn't mean to start a fight, Sorry.

--Matt

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:26 am 

The Guild of Greeters is please to announce the publishing of an Er'cana walkthrough for MO:UL.

Please drop by and take a look. Comments and suggestions welcome! :)

Linky

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:02 am 

Excellent walkthrough!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:23 pm 

A walkthrough, great, just what I need. I'm going to go there right now. Thanks a heap!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:02 am 
Obduction Backer

Very, very nice! I especially like the multiple videos showing the various pellet outcomes. Well done!

[MOULa KI #00075975]
[MOUL KI #00676569]
Member in good standing of the URU Karaoke Community

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:14 am 

Horatio wrote:
Very, very nice! I especially like the multiple videos showing the various pellet outcomes. Well done!

TYVM! :D The videos don't do justice to "actually" being there and dropping the pellets yourself. It took a lot of testing to get some of those scenes since the ovens had to be set differently. The low and medium exploders were captured only a day or so before we published the walkthrough.

Now that the FPI (Fuzzy Physics Institute) has published the oven response curves, I can see exactly why the settings produce all the various responses recorded. AFAIK, the 11 types of response shown are all that exist. There does not seem to be any type of pellet that produces a 0% reading on the silo tester.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:28 am 
Obduction Backer

I got a zero% reading on the tester with a combo recipe of 3X 32-50-25, 1X 32-50-10. It was a pretty good sized explosion, too. The single oven was the one on the back right, when you're facing away from the pellet room and toward the ovens.