It is currently Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:54 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:27 am 

I'm pretty sure your list is correct, di gama. Dln and tso would be Delin and Tsogal as klaxen suggested.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:50 am 

While I don't have a problem with multiplayer ages per se, I think it's important for there to be both single- and multiplayer content with each new episode. I'm sure there are just as many explorers who want to do the tag team thing as there are people like me who just want to be able to explore the areas alone.

I say that because today I finally got through the journey doors in Tsogal and Delin. I was procrastinating with them because I knew they would take more time to accomplish than I usually have available to be in the cavern. And, boy, was I right. Even though we were successful in the end, it took a LONG time, especially if you add in the time spent simply gathering enough explorers to participate. One of them actually took a couple hours!

And the most frustrating thing happened during this time. While in the middle of coordinating one of the "runs", I and at least one other participant got booted out of the cavern. When we made it back in, the neighborhood we used to get to the age was gone! So we had to start from scratch....spending God knows how much time in the city trying to recruit enough explorers to try it again.

I wonder if the powers that be considered such a situation when they decided to demolish neighborhoods that "appear" to have no activity.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:29 am 

Texana wrote:
Nope, it got that name long before then. But a nice guess :wink:
I thought it was called the egg room because it had an egg floating in the middle. :) I figured they turned it into the easter egg as a pun. :)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:42 am 
Obduction Backer

ziggy2765 wrote:
While in the middle of coordinating one of the "runs", I and at least one other participant got booted out of the cavern. When we made it back in, the neighborhood we used to get to the age was gone! So we had to start from scratch....spending God knows how much time in the city trying to recruit enough explorers to try it again.

I wonder if the powers that be considered such a situation when they decided to demolish neighborhoods that "appear" to have no activity.

ziggy, is it possible the neighborhood just fell off the top 50 in the public list? I think the only thing that can pop it back up again is for a member to go to the Nexus and toggle to private and then public again. Unfortunately, if nobody in your Delin run group belonged to that 'hood, there would be no way for them to do that.

:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:46 am 

Location: In the dark, behind you. With the glowsticks in my nose.
di gama wrote:
Back at the original topic, I have been sound-snooping (it is how I get my soundtracks) and I have been trying to identify the 3- to 5-letter codes for the ages. Tell me if I'm right:

tmna=Tomahna (actually the Rainy Cleft - why?)

Can anyone fill the question marks?

Tomahna is actually on earth. RAWA commented that the community took a while to clue into that. In fact, IIRC, Tomahna is something like 20 miles from the cleft... You'd have to check me on that, its been a while since I read anything related.
The naming convention indicates that the surface world of Earth is named Tomahna - the cleft being part of that. One can hope that eventually we'll have access to Atrus' Tomahna complex. (I mean in URU)
:wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:59 pm 

Tomahna is on earth? o.O Are you sure?
Is there official confirmation of this, because in Myst III Tomahna is a barran waste land and i took it that changes were made to the age by Myst IV because it was full of vegitation... :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:06 pm 

darkling27 wrote:
Is there official confirmation of this, because in Myst III Tomahna is a barran waste land and i took it that changes were made to the age by Myst IV because it was full of vegitation... :?

Definitely. I know there's a lengthy RAWA quote on the matter. It was intentionally subtle, and Cyan kind of kept it secret to see if people would figure it out.
It certainly explains how Riven connects to Myst III though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:07 pm 
Obduction Backer

darkling27 wrote:

In her end speech, Yeesha says something to the effect that "I've given you a link here to the cleft in Tomahna". I'd say that is pretty official.
:wink:

Ki #782729

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:39 pm 

How about this for spoilers in this episode?

[spoiler]Sharper pegged himself a Bahro. We don't know how or why, or what it did to him, but he killed himself one of the Least.[/spoiler]

I'm thinking that's gonna cause a small riot over at the Uru Obsession bevin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:41 pm 

raistlin75 wrote:
Alahmnat wrote:
Reflecting, I'd noticed it, but my brain had filed it away as an SEP (Adams references FTW ;)).

S.E.P. = Someone Else's Problem (a.k.a. things you see but your brain chooses not to recognize because its not your problem.)

Sorry, had to clarify for non-Douglas Adams fans. Of course, I hope there are none of those sort of people lurking around here.

There are. :P

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:29 pm 

Kerryth wrote:
ziggy2765 wrote:
While in the middle of coordinating one of the "runs", I and at least one other participant got booted out of the cavern. When we made it back in, the neighborhood we used to get to the age was gone! So we had to start from scratch....spending God knows how much time in the city trying to recruit enough explorers to try it again.

ziggy, is it possible the neighborhood just fell off the top 50 in the public list? I think the only thing that can pop it back up again is for a member to go to the Nexus and toggle to private and then public again. Unfortunately, if nobody in your Delin run group belonged to that 'hood, there would be no way for them to do that.

Sure, it's possible. That's just one of the things about the whole thing that aggravates me. They need to arrange it so that neighborhoods with Delin and Tsogal links don't get bumped off the Nexus list. That way if someone loses their connection they can get back to it easily. It's hard enough to coordinate these multi-player ages without having this issue to deal with.

Here's an idea! How about putting those links in all the neighborhoods?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:15 pm 
Obduction Backer

Shoemaker's spoiler link doesn't work for me.. the second like that I've seen today .. strange..

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3