It is currently Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:52 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 353 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:12 pm 
Obduction Backer

Quote:
I keep waiting to see if the bahro will get testy as I have not returned any.
They do anyway. Haven't you heard them in your relto?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:16 pm 
Obduction Backer

Rusty_Rusell, are you sure you're not mistaking those innocent birds for Bahro? ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:38 pm 
Obduction Backer

Keeping the pillars gave rise to bahro noises long before the bird page, even offline.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:15 pm 

well, sense you have to return the bahro pillars maybe [spoiler]you will have to return the bahro rings also[/spoiler]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:49 am 
Obduction Backer

I've been thinking about this back-and-forth with Reteltee for weeks:
[spoiler=Condensed Chat Log Snippet]09/09 06:38:43) Janine: reteltee...what amends do you think need to be made by the explorers to the least?
(09/09 06:39:01) Reteltee: Well J9, we have stolen from them
(09/09 06:39:09) Reteltee: Whether we meant to or not
(09/09 06:39:23) Pigbristles: Stolen what, Reteltee?
(09/09 06:39:34) Reteltee: Exactly the right question Pig
(09/09 06:39:53) Niika: what have we stolen Reteltee?
(09/09 06:39:56) Janine: ret, I got that from you earlier, I just don't understand the amends part, just how do we give it back or make up for what we've taken??
(09/09 06:39:59) Reteltee: Watson knows the answer; Yeesha knows the answer; Atrus knew the answer but was too afraid to act
(09/09 06:40:10) Wardred: But we have returned what was not ours to take.
(09/09 06:40:15) Reteltee: Have we?
(09/09 06:40:25) Jenine: How do you know watson has the answer?
(09/09 06:40:29) Sam Byard: Reteltee do you know something about watson that we do not :) you'be been saying his hame a lot
(09/09 06:40:31) Reteltee: I don't Jen
(09/09 06:40:39) Reteltee: I just hope he does
(09/09 06:40:48) Reteltee: Sam, I know very little about anything
(09/09 06:40:58) Montgomery: Wait. I thought taking the pillars freed the Bahro. Or was it returning them? Either way, I only took them because Yeesha told me I should.
(09/09 06:40:58) Reteltee: Lol, sorry, not trying to be cryptic, don't have a choice
(09/09 06:41:35) Pigbristles: Can what was stolen be returned? Or must it be replaced? Or is it gone for good?
(09/09 06:41:40) Sam Byard: I will now extrapolate and interpolate that as news about watson
(09/09 06:41:41) Jenine: Well if you tell me enough in different ways I just might figure it out
(09/09 06:41:47) Reteltee: Lol
(09/09 06:42:03) Reteltee: The Watchers may already feel I've said too much; I don't know
[/spoiler]
Then later it was recorded (where, exactly, I can't recall) that
[spoiler]What was "stolen" was "ages", or maybe the "D'ni Ages". When I saw that, I wondered, "How can we possibly 'return' them?"
[/spoiler]
jordd, I think you nailed it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:44 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

Egads. When people talk like Reteltee does above, as if they know something, answer in riddles while pretending to know something, then claim they know nothing while at the same time taking the paranoia card to say they couldn't say even if they did know something, and then have the audacity to claim they're not trying to be cryptic, I lose interest and go away. Simple as that. I'm not going to waste my time. I don't take communication like that seriously, nor do I take the characters behind it seriously. That's just not the way to do it. It's a caricature of the worst kind of vague doubletalk.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:06 pm 

Supposedly Reteltee is just an explorer, but it's interesting he vanishes with the rest of the DRC between episodes. And where is is knowledge and guidance in the guild forum?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:55 pm 
Obduction Backer

SCGreyWolf wrote:
Supposedly Reteltee is just an explorer, but it's interesting he vanishes with the rest of the DRC between episodes. And where is is knowledge and guidance in the guild forum?

Most people disappear between episodes it seems. Episode comes, we pile in. Episode ends, we leave.

the only difference any Exodus will have is we'll see *less* people in the city now. Heh.

As for the second, I thought he didn't visit the other forums in the first place? I don't agree with it but I understand why.. easier to be centralized.

However, I do agree that it's about time we were done with the needlessly cryptic answers. That's why I was happy Dr. Watson came back.. not because he was Watson (that was cool too) but because he actually MADE SENSE. Sort of. But compared to everyone else there "giving info", he was amazingly lucid.
Which is why when Yeesha returns (if, but I'm betting it's a possibility) it's gona be a bit of a step back.. because she practically pioneered the art of saying a lot of mystic nothing and letting people examine it and eventualy result in their own ideas. And moreso then they're all attributed to her "guidance".
Sigh. And I'll bet if we ever learn bahrospeak, they'll be just as bad if not worse.

So that's what I want for this upcoming episode.. new content and people is fun, sure.. but I want some definitive answers. Not all, it's fun to speculate about some stuff, but some actual outright statements and answers on some of those big questions, instead of saying a few platitudes and pretending it's everything, then when we can't make sense out of the lack of sense, she says "we don't need to know".

One of these days, Gondar, one of these days... :roll:

MOULa KI: #00027582 #7425022
100% Authentic Gondar! Accept no substitutes, imitations, or knock-offs!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:57 pm 

SCGreyWolf wrote:

I have been asking the same thing in my why would Cate offer the guilds thread and elsewhere... I have corresponded with him and getting the I'm working on research response. :wink: Still think he may be drinking that DRC coffee and would like to ask him if he has had any - whenever he decides to reappear in the cavern. Say in 18 days or so???

"Always consider the Whole, Atrus. Always look at the interrelatedness of things and remember the 'whole' of one thing is always just a part of something else, something larger." wisely spoken by Anna- "The Book of Atrus"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:09 pm 
Obduction Backer

Quote:
What was "stolen" was "ages", or maybe the "D'ni Ages". When I saw that, I wondered, "How can we possibly 'return' them?"

Has anyone tried deleting their age books from the bookcase?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:27 pm 

deleteing my ages??? well, i can always bring them back by clicking the place the delete button originaly was.

_Calu

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:46 pm 

I think we will get some answers... but I have had fun looking back at all of the dialogs we have had with the main characters and trying to see what if anything they have told us.

I don't know about giving back our ages though, they technically are not "ours", they were the D'ni's- what would we need to do that for? the Bahro and the DRC have access to all of them now. Who would we give them too? Maybe we do have something that someone wants but I can't figure out what it is- unless it would be just giving back....

It is known that we will be offering our own ages in the future when we learn to write- could that be the giving back? Offering the solution the bahro are looking for to solve their problem whatever it is????

Maybe they can't write ages... they can only link to ones that have been written. Could we need to write the ages for them even if they don't need a book? Are they in places there are no books?

Any thoughts??? :shock: (Do love those wordy puzzles that work on so many levels)

"Always consider the Whole, Atrus. Always look at the interrelatedness of things and remember the 'whole' of one thing is always just a part of something else, something larger." wisely spoken by Anna- "The Book of Atrus"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:12 am 

Quote:
Maybe they can't write ages... they can only link to ones that have been written. Could we need to write the ages for them even if they don't need a book? Are they in places there are no books?

The Bahro Have their own way of the 'Art' and that is
They gave their very existance in praise of the Maker, Yahvo through
the 'Art', They Serve and will always serve, in praise of the Maker.
Basicly saying The Bahro is what made the D'ni 'Art' possible.

Their origin goes back farther than 10,000 years back to before
Garternay's sun went Nova, Which was the first Destruction and Exodus.
Ever wonder why their sun went Nova in the first place?? Yep you got it,
someone(s) most likely thought that they could make their planet bigger
or something along those lines and made a mistake,
What ever happened it caused major changes to the solar system
Garternay was in. and we all know what bahro can do,
who have played M5 EOA.

I really wanting to know just how much is 'canon' in Myst5 aspecaly
the NPC charictors, Escher's and Yeeshs's dailog through out the game,
because he give tons of answers to many of the questions
we are asking right now in MouL.

Yeesha has said this a few times and Escher as well; these ages
were/are the bahros ages, The ages were built on the backs of the least,
the Bahro are the Least Yeesha speaks of, and well as for the bones found
in the prisons on Teledahn they were the remains of past meals
and sence the bahro have a exoskeleton like body it would
decompose rather fast, I would think

The Circle/Cycle must be compleated so that a new one can start.
Giving/Taking/Giving Back/Returning Yeesha said all died in the great
returning, (the returning of the Art to the bahro ) The Least now
become Great again. and what they must do is praise the Maker.
Anyone see it yet? The 'We' us explorers, the new human D'ni,
the power/Art has got to be 'balanced' for the war to end. So
writing ages is taking of the 'Art' from the bahro so the Great become
equil to us in the 'Art'. best I can explain it.

We need our own 'Grower'!!! but how I don't think any of us know
enuff of whats needed, not only does one need to know hekt'vee
(spelling) but we need to know exactly how the D'ni made the
special paper that went into a discriptive book, not to mention the special
ink, which is said the words seem to burn into the page when they are
written. so much to learn and not enuff time to learn it in.

Isn't Yeesha the Grower of the New D'ni people now in Releshahn?
The 'Art' is a 2 edged sword. Yahvo one one side and Jakooth on the other.

URU - KI - Atrus 03668735, Katran 00982487,
URUb - KI - 00356281

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:34 am 
Obduction Backer

VoiZod, please try to separate speculation from fact in your posts.
We don't know why Garternay's sun went nova, we don't know the precise relationship between the Art and the Bahro, and we don't know precisely when or where they were enslaved. We're all allowed our own guesses, but let's leave to Cyan the "it is so".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:32 am 

In a thread where wild speculation runneth wild; what's a little more...

Suppose for a moment(or two) that the 'ink beetles' are the primary food source for the Vahkhro. Now the D'ni and their ilk use the beetlejuice to create links to other ages. They even go so far as to write links to ages where the existence of these beetles is probable to satisfy their desire. The farming of these bugs puts them in direct contention with the Vahkhro. They could be starving the Vahkhro as well as diminishing their capacity to link. Could make me a little angry.

Maybe the fall of D'ni wasn't so much due to pride as it was to Veovis trying to restore a little balance the only way he knew how. Ok; still amounts to a movement against pride.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 353 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next