It is currently Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:11 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:01 pm 

JWPlatt wrote:
Visit the Pellet Points hood to see the daily lake point averages. Please make a deposit to show your support of the lake project!

Maybe there are some hoods depositing even more to the lake project. :wink:
Think you should go to the nexus and visit some hoods.
Saw some individual drops of over 4.000.000 points and also a hood with a total over 40.000.000 points with a top of 2.500.000 points..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:11 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

Yep, for sure. I hear the German community members are doing wildly impressive work - as always!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:47 pm 

JWPlatt wrote:
Yep, for sure. I hear the German community members are doing wildly impressive work - as always!

Talking about competition :D , maybe a competition for hoods would be nice and could be shown in the nexus by ordering the hoods in that order.
And no, it's not the German hood. Sharpen your ears.... :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:19 am 
Creative Kingdoms

D'emsay wrote:
Sharpen your ears.... :wink:

There's a Yoda hood?

By the way, 4,000,000 points (with commas) is no longer quite as impressive to me. Don't get me wrong, it is way, way impressive. Just not quite as impressive after what I was told today. ;)

Also by the way, the German community was just an example of folks doing great things. Not the only ones for sure. I just remember the Germans in particular for their part in The Pellet Challange.

You can find references to The Pellet Challenge in this thread, a fantastic resource for all things pellet:
http://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=21713

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:52 am 
Obduction Backer

I wonder if D'emsay is West European. . = , and , = . there.
There's a special condition in COBOL - decimal point is comma - to account for this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:23 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
D'emsay wrote:
Think you should go to the nexus and visit some hoods.
Saw some individual drops of over 4.000.000 points and also a hood with a total over 40.000.000 points with a top of 2.500.000 points..

I don't have the time to visit every hood, so I just took a random sampling of ten hoods and the highest hood total I found was 13,001,132 (Uru Obsession's Bevin) and the highest individual total I saw was 5,073,199 for Maggot (Guild of Greeters’ Bevin).

D'emsay wrote:
Talking about competition :D , maybe a competition for hoods would be nice and could be shown in the nexus by ordering the hoods in that order.

Yes, competition is good for maintaining interest in the lake lighting. Unfortunately, this suggestion just isn't possible, but perhaps a forum thread to keep track would be good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:39 pm 

JWPlatt wrote:
D'emsay wrote:
Sharpen your ears.... :wink:

There's a Yoda hood?
By the way, 4,000,000 points (with commas) is no longer quite as impressive to me. Don't get me wrong, it is way, way impressive. Just not quite as impressive after what I was told today.

Sharpen your ears was meant as 'vulcan' , like Spock being a good observer. ;)
and yes i am used to west-European punctuation.(thx Rusty)
Just wondering what the impressive things were you heard that day.

Thx Tai'lahr for starting a thread on a competition. Seeing the results of the efforts made by the different hoods is quiet impressive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:39 am 
Creative Kingdoms

Greetings,

I've been having trouble making it into the Cavern to give Pellet Points his data, transmitted to me from Dr. Watson, ever since MQO got started last year. When I do get in, it's for some other very important purpose (most recently under Marten's fine direction for his movie) whereupon I run well out of time and leave in a panic... link. Consequently, the Pellet Points hood imager hasn't been updated for some number of months now, and I've been a bad boy.

I don't think it's fair to get so far behind on data for which I worked hard to earn and became so committed to provide to the community in support of my "No Division" avatar riff on "Manufactured Divisions" and the Common Cause of the Lake Project. So I recently had a chat with Tai'lahr, who's always available for guidance, and Erik, who used to provide the monthly graphs until I neglected to provide the data.

I do, in fact, continue to receive the daily lake data from Dr. Watson. And I still want to keep the data exclusive to in-Cavern viewing for a limited period. I believe that's just keeping in the proper spirit of the thing. But it needs to be easier on Erik and me, and more available to everyone. After my chat with Tai'lahr (more a champion of the pellet efforts than I have been lately) and Erik, we have decided on a good compromise.

- I will release the data in monthly or better chunks in the Cavern.
- All data previous to what is currently posted in-Cavern will be publicly posted.
- Erik will resume production of the graphs and I will get them onto imagers (RAWA willing).

This should make it easier on Erik's and my schedule and provide more certainty of the community getting the data.

I am not yet sure whether to post the data on the DRC forums, here in a new thread for the purpose, or an existing thread like this one or Tai'lahr's just because it deserves to be regularly bumped. Suggestions welcome.

By the way, all the lake data from the entire span of Myst Online: Uru Live is available. If it can't be found in Tai'lahr's Lake Lighting Project Historical Data Links thread, I'll dig it up and make sure it gets there.

Have fun,

JW

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:51 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
Yays! We could sure use something like this to encourage continued participation in the project.

You're right in that it needs to be in a thread that can be bumped when new information is added, so it shouldn't go in mine because that's stickied (and seems to go unnoticed for the most part) although, of course, it should have a link there. And, the title of this one doesn't really convey the true contents. So, I vote for a new thread with a spiffy title. It would be nice to have it in both places, but if I had to choose only one, I'd pick the DRC forum with a link from here to there. And, I presume the new thread would include all the information rec'd to date?

Btw, thanks for plugging my thread. And for the props:
JWPlatt wrote:
Tai'lahr (more a champion of the pellet efforts than I have been lately)

which I presume is in reference to the Highest Pellet Point Totals, but really TOOO, Mouski, lunanne, Geert, Charura and others have been keeping that alive, so they deserve the credit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:04 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

They are your squires. Feed them well. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:02 am 
Creative Kingdoms

The complete pellet lake point data from MOUL, which I mentioned above, is in my post of May 16, 2008 on page 9 of this thread:
http://forums.drcsite.org/viewtopic.php?t=2590 (Mr. Laxman Keeps His Word About Experiment)

It is the DRC site IC thread named similarly to this one.

The specific post link is:
http://forums.drcsite.org/viewtopic.php?p=45404#45404

Because the DRC thread already has points posted to it, I may continue with that for the monthly updates.

Last edited by JWPlatt on Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:04 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

I have posted all monthly data to the DRC forums, here:
http://forums.drcsite.org/viewtopic.php?t=2920

The "Lake Project Pellet Data Readings" thread contains all pellet data, by the month, from July 27, 2007 through December 31, 2010. Future months will be published there as well.

The most recent data (from the month previous to the current month) will be available only in the Pellet Points hood.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:45 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

Greetings,

Would you like a membership in the Pellet Points hood to more easily donate your pellet points there or help keep the hood on the Nexus list? Or would you simply like an invite?

Pellet Points has informed me that he will attempt to be in the Cavern every night this week through Sunday (January 25 through 30) for one half hour each night, beginning at 9:00 PM Cavern Tiime (11:00 PM Eastern Time US).

If he's not there by 9:05 PM, he might be off counting Bahro or out having a snack of buttered Squee with Quab sauce (Did I say that out loud?). You can watch for Pellet Points by adding him to your Buddy List with KI # 1858776.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:40 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

It's been a little busy and I've fallen behind again on posting pellet data. But today I have posted all pellet data for the current year through March to the DRC forums, here:

http://forums.drcsite.org/viewtopic.php?p=46639#46639 (January, 2011)
http://forums.drcsite.org/viewtopic.php?p=46640#46640 (February, 2011)
http://forums.drcsite.org/viewtopic.php?p=46641#46641 (March, 2011)

The "Lake Project Pellet Data Readings" thread contains all pellet data, by the month, from July 27, 2007 through March 31, 2011. Future months will be published there as well.

http://forums.drcsite.org/viewtopic.php?t=2920 (All data)

If I or a hood member can manage it, the most recent data, from the month previous to the current month, will also be available on the Pellet Points hood imager.

Many, many thanks to Dr. Watson for his continued support of this project.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:12 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

I have just posted the April, 2011 and May, 2011 pellet readings to the DRC site.

http://forums.drcsite.org/viewtopic.php?p=46656#46656 (April, 2011)
http://forums.drcsite.org/viewtopic.php?p=46657#46657 (May, 2011)

Enjoy.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next