It is currently Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:29 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:26 pm 
Obduction Backer

(This is with MOULagain, not PotS)

I finally got to the [spoiler]vogondola ride[/spoiler] in Ahnonay, but at the end of it, my avatar is offset from the chair, and I fall through the floor when I get off. Impressive view, but it's not very helpful if I want to actually finish the age.

I remember hearing about this somewhere, but it never happened to me before, and a quick search shows no answers (mostly, I'm sure, because everyone spells Ahnonay differently :) ). Is there a way to fix this without resetting the age? Would resetting the age even help?

I've tried this three times now, once after leaving MOUL and joining again with a fresh start. I'll try again later, too, and see if the server corrects itself...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:30 pm 
Obduction Backer

Did you Alt-tab at any point?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:40 pm 

Someone I was helping through Ahnonay last night had the same thing happen. Ended up wandering outside the world space, getting some nice unobstructed pictures, but was still able to interact with controls inside [spoiler]to open the office door[/spoiler]

I've noticed the animation for the other end of that ride is a little off. Chair spins upward but the avi is placed a couple inches below where it should be, then moves into place just as the chair stops. Same thing offline too, although I've never personally had it pop me out of the hallway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:22 pm 
Obduction Backer

Rusty_Russel wrote:

No, though I was in windowed mode for both, I think. That window stayed active the whole ride.

MarinaM wrote:
Someone I was helping through Ahnonay last night had the same thing happen. Ended up wandering outside the world space, getting some nice unobstructed pictures, but was still able to interact with controls inside [spoiler]to open the office door[/spoiler]

I've noticed the animation for the other end of that ride is a little off. Chair spins upward but the avi is placed a couple inches below where it should be, then moves into place just as the chair stops. Same thing offline too, although I've never personally had it pop me out of the hallway.

For me, my avatar was way below where it should be. His head ended up below the seat. It still plays the standing up animation, but the whole thing plays a good 3 feet below where it should. When it's over, I get a quick shot of the hallway (in first person), then I fall through the floor. You don't stop falling until you panic link out, about 10 seconds later.

I guess I making up for my previous bug-free Uru experiences. :)

Edit: here's a picture of the problem. This is right after my head ghosts through the chair bottom :P

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Edit 2: uhh, well, it seems to have fixed itself. I don't think I did anything differently... oh well. Whatever. At least it works now! :P

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:36 pm 

agrif wrote:
Rusty_Russel wrote:

No, though I was in windowed mode for both, I think. That window stayed active the whole ride.

MarinaM wrote:
Someone I was helping through Ahnonay last night had the same thing happen. Ended up wandering outside the world space, getting some nice unobstructed pictures, but was still able to interact with controls inside to open the office door

For me, my avatar was way below where it should be. His head ended up below the seat. It still plays the standing up animation, but the whole thing plays a good 3 feet below where it should. When it's over, I get a quick shot of the hallway (in first person), then I fall through the floor. You don't stop falling until you panic link out, about 10 seconds later.

I guess I making up for my previous bug-free Uru experiences. :)

Edit: here's a picture of the problem. This is right after my head ghosts through the chair bottom :P

Edit 2: uhh, well, it seems to have fixed itself. I don't think I did anything differently... oh well. Whatever. At least it works now! :P

This issue has returned -- his pic shows EXACTLY what is happening to me. Impossible to finish Ahnonay with this happening!!! I've tried all sorts of things including holding down the down arrow, hammering on the spacebar -- different graphics settings -- NOTHING works!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:53 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

You're likely to get your wrist slapped for re-opening a four-year old thread, jalind ;). The current discussion on this topic is in the Technical section: viewtopic.php?f=40&t=27459.

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:32 pm 

Mac_Fife wrote:
You're likely to get your wrist slapped for re-opening a four-year old thread, jalind ;). The current discussion on this topic is in the Technical section: http://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=27459.

Forgive me please -- I will look at the other thread -- found this one using forum search but it didn't show the other one -- it's not as if I didn't look around first.

Edit:
From the thread cited above, using the F2 to open Ki completely just after pulling the overhead handle to raise the chair worked for me. Wait too long though and the animation prevents Ki screen opening. It's not a "durable" solution as you must do that every time (i.e. it doesn't "fix" the problem, it's a "workaround").

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]