It is currently Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:57 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:58 pm 

So I'm inside the tower in Water Ahnonay and I want to use the lever that is supposed to be NEXT to the wheel. But it's not there =[

Am I missing something here? Was'nt there supposed to be a lever? Thats how I recall it from the offline version, but correct me if I'm wrong :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:06 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

The intended multiplayer solution was implemented in Myst Online. You will need a buddy to help you in lieu of the lever found in the offline version of Uru.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:15 pm 

Ok I did'nt knew that there was a multuplayer part here. It's my first time with the online version :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:21 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
Shorah Mi'Mia and welcome to MOULa! :D
If you don't have a buddy in the cavern who can help you out, then drop by the Guild of Greeters' hood and ask there.

Post subject: Ahnonay lever
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:26 pm 

I came here looking for an answer to the same question. I even got out my Uru CD, opened the game and went there to see exactly where that lever was supposed to be.

When I entered the Watcher's Pub from the Nexus, it said that it was private. So does that mean that in order to get another person to help me, I need to invite them to my Relto, so they can use my linking book to get to Ahnonay?

I'm new to the online game, so I'm still learning the ropes. Back when it was first put online, I had dial-up internet, so I couldn't join in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:22 am 

Calista, you can bring them to your Relto or offer them a link via the nexus by selecting the Age icon in the KI (where your pictures get stored) click on their name in your buddy list and then the arrow which will appear next to your Age list. Select the one you want them to have access to. Beware using the Nexus method will allow them in your instance of the Age even while you are not there which creates a potential for sabotage

Fear is the mind-killer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:49 am 
Obduction Backer

Just to restate what Loshem accurately described, you can share your AHnonay with another explorer via a Relto share, or via an "invite" which you can send according to Loshem's instructions. An "invite" adds a link to your Nexus to visit another players personal Ages. After an invite has been sent to another explorer, a new link appears in Nexus under "Private Links". You may have to scroll down if there are lots of invites.

After someone visits your Age with you, you can delete the invite so they cannot visit again in the future. :-)

Cheers,

Dadguy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:46 am 
Obduction Backer

The Watcher's Sanctuary isn't private. I believe it's listed under City Locations. (Yes?)

In my experience, it's a global instance. Usually there are 0 people there, but I think there's only one instance of it (like the city). So if you and your friend both link there, you can meet up. Then share the Ahnonay Cathedral book directly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:54 pm 
Obduction Backer

The Watcher's Sanctuary isn't private and listed under City Locations, that's right,
but Ahnonay and Er'cana are... That means, if you'd meet up with somebody in the
Watcher's Pub to link to any of those ages you'd both end up in your private instance
of them... Loshem and dadguy are right on... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:16 pm 
Obduction Backer

janaba1 wrote:
The Watcher's Sanctuary isn't private and listed under City Locations, that's right,
but Ahnonay and Er'cana are... That means, if you'd meet up with somebody in the
Watcher's Pub to link to any of those ages you'd both end up in your private instance
of them... Loshem and dadguy are right on... :D

Eat_My_Shorts is also right on. You can share the books in the Watcher's pub directly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:22 pm 
Obduction Backer

Awww, thanks, D'Lanor... was just about to leave the forums and got this answer...
Yeah, didn't know (just thought I knew) that they can be shared...

Edit: I'm really glad that I could just meet you in the cavern, D'Lanor, thanks for
your patience to explain that all again to me... I really forgot about that...
Uru was gone for too long it seems lol... Thanks again.... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:42 pm 

Once you solve the Ahnonay puzzle or decide you need a big spoiler, check out the Ahnonay map in Uru Maps.

Nalates - GoC - 418 - MOULa I: Nal KI#00 083 543, MOULa II: KI#00 583 875Nalates 111451 - Second Life: Nalates Urriah
Guild of Cartographers Image

Post subject: Water Ahnonay lever
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:11 am 

I was planning on getting my son to help me. There's no danger of sabotage from him. But his PC's motherboard died yesterday. What a disappointment! He's been waiting so long for Uru to come back online.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]