It is currently Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:31 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Shroomie?
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:29 am 
Obduction Backer

Shorah. I'm a first time Uru player, and I am looking for some hints regarding Shroomie. After finishing Teledahn, we returned and found a few more hidden secrets. I found a journal that reveals a lot of story, and talks about the creature known as Shroomie. I had wondered what the gate and the spore levers were for. So, assuming this was something else to do in the age, I returned. Shut down all the machinery, and tried the spore levers. I heard Shroomie a few times, and even saw her on two occassions! But I could not get her to enter the opened gate.

Is this possible, as alluded to in the journal? It seems like they wouldn't have given us the gate and spore controls if we couldn't use them. But I've spent a long time on this, with no success, other than a few distant sightings. Any hints?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:25 am 
Obduction Backer

I doubt that you can get Shroomie all the way to the gate. I've never seen a screenshot of that -- only some close sightings near the docks where the gun is.

It's a pity, but there is a lot of stuff in Uru which seems usable but isn't. I guess they planned to expand the game a lot later, and never got around to it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:26 pm 

if you "feed" shroomie regularly over a long period.. a matter of months if I recall correctly, she will come closer and closer and eventually swim right under the dock. That is, you will see her up close on one side then she goes down and comes back up on the other side still up close. To my knowledge that is as far in as she will come presently.

Fear is the mind-killer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:37 pm 
Obduction Backer

Thanks. It would be cool to get her to come to the dock, but seems ashame that the game leads you to believe you'll be able to trap her inside the main area, but that is actually impossible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:39 pm 

Teledahn is a massive Age according to the map in the Baron's City Office and an area referred to as "Teledahn II" is listed on the DRC site as suspemded. It is believed that Teledahn, like many of the other Ages, was intended to eventually expand and allow you to explore farther and do more. Perhaps Shroomie was going to be part of some puzzle that was never implemented. Maybe one day Cyan will be able to achieve their original vision or at least something close to it. We're still here holding out hope :)

Fear is the mind-killer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:47 am 

If you look on the Teledahn map there are some creatures there that simply dwarf shroomie. There's a big lizard like thing which is about four times bigger than shroomie, and there's this huge tentacly thing, which is about as big as the area you can go to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:14 am 
Former MystOnline Moderator

I've had Shroomie come pretty close to the gate on a few occasions (but never when I've had Fraps running to get a decent pic :( ).

She's pretty sensitive to noise - It seems like if you operate the spore machine while she's on the surface then she'll immediately dive. And she won't come close if the machinery in the Age is running.

As already noted, feeding her at regular times of day appears to bring her closer over time, but it seems a bit random to me (technically, I think you're feeding the Flappers, and it's the Flappers that Shroomie feeds on). I keep meaning to start using the feeder on the wooden walkway instead of the one out past the gun to see if that makes any difference, but never remember once I actually get there :roll: .

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:45 pm 

We need a guild of Shroomie Keepers to feed and nurture her... and put up reminder signs for Mac_Fife :P

Nalates - GoC - 418 - MOULa I: Nal KI#00 083 543, MOULa II: KI#00 583 875Nalates 111451 - Second Life: Nalates Urriah
Guild of Cartographers Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:57 pm 
Obduction Backer

Interesting. It's sad that they never got to expand the age, if that was their plan. Even with the open sourcing of the game and the allowance of fan created ages, it doesn't seem likely we'll ever see what Cyan had originally planned to add to the game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:23 pm 

If you read Sharper's notes, there are various other places (as seen on his map) which he visited himself. One of them was a literal "Shroomie Den" where various numbers of these creatures existed.

It's a shame that Cyan has yet to have the chance to add on to these brilliant Ages, but I suppose we can always hope for the future.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:04 pm 

I'd also like to see the City or Bugharo hive you can see on the map. Teledahn has so much potential

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:07 am 
Obduction Backer

It would be awesome if Cyan managed to get the funding to actually continue work on the ages, but that doesn't seem likely at this point, and I don't think it's the direction they're planning to take Uru (which is open source). It's sad knowing that more was planned and never made it in.

As for Shroomie, I saw her again today, but still really far out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:16 am 

I remember getting KI photos of her in the old days. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:22 pm 

you aren't actually feeding shroomie with the spores. the spores feed the flappers, and shroomie eats the flappers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:47 am 

The first image shows the closest i've personally seen her... the other is the more common distance seen after feeding her for a month or so

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next