It is currently Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:11 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:23 am 

Annabelle dear,

I've tried to find that invisible floor beneath the panic spot in Kadish but so far all I've managed is to smash my way through that stone gazebo in a dozen different places on my way to Relto. :roll:

You'll simply have to find the time to come back into the city at a time when I'm there and show me or post explicit instructions for me here. Please. Pretty please?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:36 pm 

:lol: poor dear.

You do it like Sut was doing it. :wink:

You have to jump the other way round.

OK guys! The markers you see around the stone gazebo are just there to thickle you :lol: . There is no point of getting them jumping from an upper position. This is what my quest is all about : jumping below the "panic-link zone" to be able to walk or run freely underneath it.

Let me explain how it works under Kadish floor : between ground (0 foot) and minus 15 feet approximately there is a panic-link zone. Below this panic-link zone let say between minus 15 feet and minus 25 feet there is a safe zone where you can be without linking out to your Relto. The "underground" is exactly at minus 25 feet ***. There you can walk/run freely.

So how can we reach this "underground" at minus 25 feet if we have to go thru the panic-link zone? Let's draw 2 circles with 2 different radius. The first circle has a radius of, let say, 50 feet and it is located at minus 25 feet from the Kadish Age's first part's ground and the second one has a radius of 47 feet and it is the bottom of the panic-link zone at minus 15 feet of the ground.

The goal is to jump far enough from a high place to be able to land between 47 feet and 50 feet. The tricky part is to find the good angle not to go overboard, let say 51 feet where you will hit a new panic-link zone or to be too short and go only 46 feet when you will hit the panic-link zone between ground and "underground".

This was the theorical part of it now the visual part of it : when you will hit the marker telling you to throw yourself by walk-jumping through the trees, I really mean : "jump in the opposite direction of the stone gazebo". You have to aim for the outside of the age since we want to hit the 47-50 feet radius zone from the center of this Kadish Age's part, so the edge of it.

When you hit safely the underground, you can go whereever you like in the 50 feet radius zone that stands at minus 25 feet from the ground level, if you hit this zone you will see that I've mapped all the border of it with markers. It would be clever not to get them since they are there as a protection from falling off from this underground.

The main attraction of this underground is to be able to have a look at all the Kadish Age's features and locations and have a better understanding of it. You will find a spot mapped with markers enabling you to go back safely in the spiral or moon room to continue your journey through Kadish Age.

And what for the markers around the stone gazebo? Is this safe to go for them? If I have put them it might be safe don't you think :wink: ? Yes, all this underground area is safe so it makes a huge purple playground. :D

*** : the way I found out how it is at exactly minus 25 feet is not shareable on Myst Official Forum. You can ask me online if you are curious on how I found it how but I wont tell you on this topic that is for sure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:18 am 

There isn't a smiley icon suitable to express the dumbstruck look on my face. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:03 am 

People tend to ask me how to do combo jumping these days so here the way I do it :

1st type of combo jumps :

I don't use mouse at all. In fact, i don't use my mouse unless I have to run for extensive time in a particular age. So no point to ask me how to do it with it.

With the keyboard, I use 3 keys only and since I'm a visual type, I look at my avvie when doing combo jumps.

What is a combo? It is a combinaison of these 2 jumps : walk-jump and run-jump. It is only possible with the PhysX Engine so don't try this on Shards or on URU : CC it won't work since they run on Havok Engine.

walk-jump : possible while pressing the forward key and pressing the space key

run-jump (without caps lock on) : possible while pressing the forward key, and pressing the shift and the space keys simultaneously.

So here are our 3 keys needed : forward key, space key and shift key.

When you do a walk-jump, your avvie will lift its arms in the air, this is your cue to start the run-jump, then after you've done this run-jump your avvie will go back to its initial position with arms each side of its body so this is your 2nd cue, the one to start the process over.

So if you ask me, what about my avvie going down? This is OK. You will loose height after each run-jump. The global effect of the serie of combo jumps will get you very high. Without outside side-effects like lag :x, your avvie should go up and down then a little upper then down again but lesser down than the first combo jump then up again then down then... ok you understand until the top edge of the combo elevator.

ok to help you a little bit, here is my way of doing it :

with my right hand's index I always press the forward key. I'm not right-handed nor I'm left-handed so it helps me a lot doing combo jumps.

I keep my left hand's index above the left shift key ready to hit it when needed and my left hand's thumb over the space bar ready to hit it too.

Now, I'm ready, I find a proper vertical surface to make my combo jumps also called combo elevator. Without leaving my index from the forward key and without Caps Lock on (very important), I'm walking against the before said combo elevator.

I hit the space bar and wait my 1st cue (arms lifting up), I leave the space bar, hit the shift key and simultaneously hit back the space bar. I see my avvie going far up. Now, I don't stress out, I just wait for the 2nd cue (arms getting back on each side of my avvie's body), when its happens, I hit the space bar and wait for my 1st cue, then I redo the same process.

Many people fail to master combo jumps because they panic. I said that I don't stress out while doing it and this is TRUE. It is a slow movement, really. You do the walk-jump wait for the 1st cue then do the run-jump wait for the 2nd cue then redo a walk-jump wait again for the 1st cue etc.

It is normal to loose height after each set : you must wait until your arms get back to their normal position before doing another combo jump. I often see people trying to do their 2nd or 3rd combo too fast just to not loose height that is faulty.

When I start my 1st set, I'm on the ground, when I start my 2nd set, I have my left foot touching the ground...so this isn't bad to loose height. On my 3rd set, I start it at a height on 1 d'ni foot above the ground etc. You must go up and down. This isn't a type of jump where you will only go up.

If you are stubborn about what I just said, you won't be able to climb combo elevators, never.

2nd type of combo jumps (or double jumps) :

Those jumps are a little bit harder but they are a one-shot deal though. It involves a walk-jump and a run-jump but it is slightly different from the 1st type of combo since the walk-jump is just a launching jump, just there to get you off the ground to be able to make a run-jump in the air.

This jump involve no vertical surface, it is a long jump, in fact there is no longer jump in URU. You want to master them for 2 reasons : reaching far edges or reaching high edges, both situations involving you have tried them with run-jump unsuccessfully before.

How can I picture it? Since, you took a little height more doing a walk-jump before doing your run-jump, the laws of Physic enable you to go much farther than a regular run-jump from the ground.

A walk-jump will get you let say 3 feet farther from your initial spot, a run-jump will get you 5 feet from the same initial spot, a double jump will get you 7 feet farther from the same initial spot.

So how do we make it then? It is slightly different from the 1st combo jump. First of all, there is not really a cue in this jump. The faster you do it, this is the key to success. Like I said, the walk-jump isn't really much than a launching jump to make the run-jump (this is the important jump in this combo).

You have to hit really fast the space bar, release it, hit the shift key and the space bar simultaneously right after. All those actions should be done in, more or less, a second. As soon as your avvie lift up, you do the run-jump right at this moment, don't wait, never.

When you will master it, you will see that your avvie is really just doing a run-jump but with a start above the ground after a nice launching done with a walk-jump.

It is almost like the Zip Line jump (Lamp jump) on the Ae'gura lamp at the top of the Great Stairs. I mean that for the launching action but again don't be mixed up : the Zip Line jump doesnt involves the forward key, you just jump up to lift up then you do a run-jump to launch yourself. The double jump doesn't involves any jump up, you must do a walk-jump to lift up so when you will do the run-jump you will be a little bit farther from where you started the walk-jump.

I hope it will help you understand those combo jumps and maybe help you see your mistakes. It isn't so hard to master and many of explorers than can do it now had to be taught the right way (by me or others) to be able to do them right and succeed.

I might not have said it before but like any other tasks in life, you will have a body adaptation to go through, I had my left hand hurting during days back in May 2010 while praticing them. After this "adaptation" period, I didn't feel any pain.

Good luck and see you in MOULa cavern.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:09 pm 
Obduction Backer

Thanks for this explanation, Annabelle! I was going to ask you for exactly this.

I think I’m starting to get the hang of the combo jumps now – I made it up to the jumping point in Kadish a few times, and down to the invisible floor once. Exciting! :D

I still have no clue how to reach the “non-combo-master” elevator though. You’ve got to show me that some time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:51 pm 

That is a funny title for this topic.

oh and... BTW I didn't ask anybody to call it like that. I think it is a great way to really split from the topic where it took its roots.

Ok Christian but during week days I'm not that available.

For every explorers that want to practise combo jumps, try my way, it isn't the best or the only one out there, it is the way I teach it and it is the way that suit best my mastering of them. There are as many ways as combos' masters in the Cavern.

You rather have me as a teacher than having Shellshock, he is a great guy but a man of few words and I had to learn with very simple instructions that I wrote on a little cue card :wink: :lol: My visual cues are from my own observations after many hours of frustration back in May.

I know guys who do them with mouse and without looking at their avvies. There is one combo elevator that I can't do since we are blinded by the camera angle so no pity for me. :roll: , otherwise my method works very well. :P

Good luck!!! I think this is a novelty here in MOUL forum to have a complete thorough explanation on how to do combos successfully at last (for many of you that were looking at me or others without been able to undertsand how to do them), so enjoy!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:08 am 
Obduction Backer

Quote:
Christian Walther @ Annabelle:
Quote:
I still have no clue how to reach the “non-combo-master” elevator though. You’ve got to show me that some time.

Short Story Answer:- [spoiler]It's off the 'Plinth' (Rock), just outside the the entrance to the first Kadish Clockwork puzzle. Like all good things, it was found here by unanticipated Luck :D You can do the same. There are actually a couple of elevator lines from the start place, they seem to lean with the Tree structure. Sometimes you can transition across them; and sometimes you Have to transition to get higher; without a reference (like Markers), you can't tell the differences. KI Pics here with Markers can be Dramatic, and have been among the highest acclaimed 8) [/spoiler]

I have to throw my two cents in, with Annabelle's permission (?) merely to tell how we stumbled across that Kadish elevator in MOULagain........(as I best recall !)

Long Story Answer:- [spoiler]I had known of this Kadish elevator's existance back in MOUL1, but I never knew where it was; and in MOULagain Grimhilde had just made a top grade Marker Mission for Kadish, which I shared to Annabelle (Marker Game collection and distribution was my self assigned Job, and I was privelaged to be given some of the best), so a group of us went to Kadish with Annabelle to see what we could make of it. Annabelle had also made a recent Kadish Marker Game ("Kadish Grand Tour"), so we were interested in comparing them; like who had missed what, and what exciting things had the rest of us missed !. There was an air of healthy entrepreneural exploration of "exploits", but that elevator was entirely out of mind. Now This Avie Abjab(sic) can't do more than 1-1/2 Combo jumps wthout falling flat on his face, so he was running Grimhilde's Markers (optimistically !), Annabelle and others were running her's. There was a lot of overlap of each, as can be expected. It took a single combo jump/scramble (you can do it Christian) to get some height just outside the entrance to first Kadish Clockworks, with the intent of reaching the nearby 'Plinth'. Each Marker game had a different route to get there, and there was a lot of falling out and colorful KI Pics, and some predictably colorful language with each. Once there, Grimhilde's game had an out-of-reach marker hovering over the path. I got half way towards it, and could easily collect it by jumping thru it but never could get to stand there (Grimhilde can be wicked that way...). so this time I gave up trying to get there and turned my attention on the other marker hiding behind a tree (more Grimhilde ? 8) ), and was surprised to find that I couldn't get there at all: I was up aginst an invisible brick wall (More colorful language @ Grimhilde :evil: ). In fact , I was good and stuck, couldn't jump off in any direction.... :shock: (Dangit !; Relto looms. Is this More Grimhilde ? Grrrr :evil: :evil: )..... But then....Upjumps sent me climbing ! :? The first KI Pic I sent was met with "thats interesting" but as Pics changed from Green to Blue and I got vertigo as Kadish evaporated beneath me, there was a clamor of "Where Does It Start !" . I'm methodically documenting things (KI Pics) and asking "Where does it Stop ?". Next thing I know is that Annabelle goes screaming past me laying markers as she does does so (really helpful)..and then the real exploration work begins, and Annabelle is in her element, and delighted. She found what looks like a Visible Collision Mesh at the top which we called the "UFO" (pretty KI Pics from the right angle and place). Getting up there puts new meaning to Extreme Skydiving. Annabelle got highest and found a stable area there. Jacsn was first to jump half way across the age from there, I think; Susa'n did impossible things in the Moon Room. That stable area is what allows all the variances of access across the age...and as it turns out, under it...and this way Annabelle's first Kadish Marker Game became perhaps the best possible... So it's understandable that she should be pretty ******'d when that Marker Game, and then the Avie that made it, ceased to operate. She posted her frustration and left us. But Now she is Baaaaack and has built a Second Kadish Marker Game for our delight, and amended it to help the Multi-combo averse (like me) ..I can't wait...gotta finish this post and go play... :D :D See You there ! [/spoiler]

The message here is that these are the things which keep bringing some of us back; I am constantly amazed by unexpected discoveries and challenges, some found while helping or or showing other Avies. It was a strange combination of Avies, teamwork, and events that first led to the creative expansion here of (two) Good Marker Game to a Fantasic one (IMHO)...so all deserve credit. And lest there be any ambiguity in the matter I relinquish any possible claims for having blundered onto the elevator (for which, My Thanks to Grimhilde !), and propose to call it "Annabelle's (Kadish) Elevator" in honor of the outcome . My Thanks to you all !!

(Note: Avie Abjab is IC inop (PC Demise, rebuild pending); presently operating as Abjab4 KI 8420785, and Abjab5 KI 8447796)
(Edits are pending to name games accurately, or pickup possible corrections (TBV)

Hi All !!.....Myst'ya !.....

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:29 am 

Concept of Subworlds

I'm back with a new quest yet again and this one is a breakthru one : I play with the concept of subworlds. In fact, I found a way to beat them in Er'cana :lol: .

My new quest is called A-S Er'cana's Canyon and it is dated October 25th so it is relatively new. Only 100 markers which is a novelty for people knowing my extensive previous quests :wink: .

So what is the concept called subworlds? I will give you my own interpretation after you read the definition given on the GoW wiki page that can be found here : (be aware though, it is intended for programmers and ages' creators with programmation knowledge so it is technical and not very accessible)

http://www.guildofwriters.com/wiki/SubWorlds

Annabelle's interpretation :

A subworld is a 3D object in an 3D environment that is create to act on its own without affecting the surrounding environment. Cyan made them in some ages like Ahnonay (volvogonda), Gahreesen (rotating platforms) and Er'cana (harvester) thus enabling animated effects within the above-mentionned ages.

I will concentrate on Er'cana's subworld for now. To get in or get off a subworld (in Er'cana, the harvester),you have to warp between the age and the subworld. You can't go from one to the other elsewhere than by the warping zones, if you try it from elsewhere you will end up in your relto because the warping won't happen, your avatar will fall down until it hits the panic-link zone of the age or will go thru the subworld without touching anything solid on it.

Ok enough theory :? let's put that in pratice a little :lol: . In Er'cana, the warping zone between the ground and the Harvester is the ladder. When I say you warp, you don't really see it but this is the truth. You go from Er'cana's ground to the Harvester. The Harvester is related to Er'cana but not like the other 3D objects in there.

If you try to jump from the canyon's middle cliff onto the harvester, you won't be able, you can try it by any angle possible, you won't be able. You will go thru the harvester and find yourself on the ground below the harvester. Why is that? I have explained it before, to go on this 3D object you need to warp there.

And the contrary is also true. To get off this 3D object, you have to climb down the ladder to warp on the ground. But is there an invisible wall on the harvester Annabelle? YES :D , I didn't find it myself, this is a known thing in URU skydivers and friends' community. If you try to jump from the highest stable level of this invisible wall to the outside of the harvester, you will end in your relto. This is logical since you didn't warp between the harvester and Er'cana.

How did I beat it then in Er'cana? Or to put it in the sense of what I'm explaining to you : How you warp yourself from the harvester to Er'cana without climbing down the ladder? It might not be a breakthru but again, it took someone to share it and make it available for everyone through a marker quest and that person is me. I've found it out without really searching for it I just wanted to play in my Er'cana a little bit and I stopped the harvester at the right spot to make my breakthru. I went up on the invisible wall and executed a simple jump from up there to make my relto, but found myself standing safely on ...

- "Oh wait Annabelle don't tell them your discovery let make them wonder a little bit and try to reach the places you reached."

- "Oh great idea!!! Let me tease them a little :lol: "

Well, the only thing I can say is try my A-S Er'cana's Canyon Quest, only 100 markers that is not a big quest :wink:

Many of you will SO hate me, this is not an easy quest, but this is my trademark :D .

To help you looking for the right stuff :

1st, you must find the invisible wall on the harvester
2nd, you must find the way to exit (warp) safely from this subworld to return in Er'cana
3rd, you must find the way to reach my markers

I wish you good luck, if you want my quest ask Annabelle or Skydiver Anna online. I will transfer it to others avvies of mine too. But the author of this marker quest will stay private, I've done it with a private avvie and you won't have her KI number, her name is too long to enable ki number to appears on the quest front page.

There will be more quests on the way too, less big than my previous series called : (Ages) Grand Tour or New Grounds,

Here is a complete list of my quests :

You can play them for days, months, years, etc. :lol: or might just hate me for their thoughness for days, months or years, it is up to you :lol:

Grand Tour Serie - no more shareable - see December 20th post on this same thread

Gahreesen Grand Tour (325 markers, I think) - ??? - way too big anyway will have to see what I will do with it
Hood's Gahreesen Grand Tour (70 markers) - ???
Eder Gira Grand Tour (185 markers) - to be reworked, renamed, reduced
Eder Kemo Grand Tour (90 markers, I think) - to be reworked, renamed
Teledahn Grand Tour (288 markers) - I have 150 markers to get rid of
Relto Grand Tour (150 markers) - to be reworked and mostly reduced
K'veer Grand Tour (50 markers) - to be reworked
Ahnonay Grand Tour (285 markers) - I have already get rid of 125 markers - will need to get rid of 100 more
Great Zero Grand Tour (around 40 markers) - will see

Guilds' Pubs Serie : 5 Guilds' Pubs 5 different levels of difficulty, great pratice to skydiving :D

Maintainers' : level 1, lots of instructions (57 markers)
Messengers' : level 2, less instructions (57 markers)
Cartographers' : level 3, a bit harder than level 2, some rooms are reachable by routes without any instructions (50 markers)
Writers' : level 4, this age is slightly different from the 3 precedent ones, I mean "out-of-the limit" differences, I made it harder because of that (39 markers)
Greeters' : level 5, this one is also slightly different from the other ones. This one is a real hard one, no instructions at all, you have to feel your way thru the routes of markers. (47 markers)

Miscellaneous Quests :

Skydiver Anna's Library's Cliff Climbing (11 markers)
Maintainers' Wall Yellow (11 markers)
Maintainers' Wall Purple (11 markers)
Kadish Underfloor (130 markers)
Kadish Fall (300 markers)
Cracking Ahnonay (16 markers, I think)
Annabelle's Phil's (55 markers)

If you want any of them, ask me first. I think Abjab burned all his avvies because of me :lol: They were jammed pack by my quests.

I have many storage avvies and almost all my public avvies (see list below, in my signature) own them.

Bye for now... I'm exhausted. On Word, it makes 5 pages (:roll: miss Annabelle, the writer)

Last edited by Annabelle on Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:16 pm 

People who want to try out Marker Quests with hundreds of markers should consider doing them with an empty KI and/or a secondary avatar. I almost lost my main avatar just because my KI was full beyond its capacity.

Some of Annabelle's quests no longer load on my avatar so I can neither pass them to my other avies nor delete them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:37 am 

Oh is that true Ethan :( sorry to hear that. :roll:

Good thing I'm doing less big quests now. :D

I will do them at max 100 markers for now on. Someone told me that having big quests open might disrupt the server because the server has to know which markers are already found which are not found and show their locations. Well, thruth or not, this make sense to me.

I have so many avvies that I dont have such problem with my own quests. My public avatars are equivalent in number to my private ones.

TIP for everyone to follow :

When you don't play a marker game, please stop it. You won't lose whatever markers you've already taken. For example, on monday, you open one of my quest, you play 25% of it. When you quit URU, unless you are net6 out of the game :wink: , stop it. 3 days after, on thursday, you just have to reopen the game and it will show you only the 75% markers that weren't taken on monday. This might help the server, unless you put a constant pressure on it and it will maybe make the game unavailable.

I've learned it the hard way with my Kadish Grand Tour quest. If you pay attention to my markers quests list, you won't see it listed there but the quest exists, even my avatar Annabelle, who is the creator of it can't open it to edit it to make it less big. So, my first reaction was to be really angry but now that time pass, after 2 months, I consider this experience on an other angle : "Girl! Make your quests less big!!! :lol: "

I've already edit many quests to remove a lot of markers, some as much as 250. :lol:

And I'm doing new Er'cana's quests these days, but don't expect them soon, I have less spare time now :wink: , because I don't want to edit my New Grounds quests. The first released is A-S Er'cana's Canyon with exactly 100 markers. You will see :lol: , it is enough hard, you will have hours of enjoyments hahahaha.

Explanations on a sensible matter that some express me with in Cavern :

Oh btw since I'm behind my keyboard now ... let me explain to you how I interpret my quests : they are there to show you possibilities. Don't expect to grab all my markers, unless it is a short quest. I just show you all possibilities of an age.

Someone told me : "Oh Annabelle, I've decided to make a quest in Teledahn but when I saw your Teledahn GT quest, I've decided not to." My answer to this was : "My quest is there just to show you possibilities, go on with your quest, I will be glad to try it afterward and distribute it to others too."

Don't think : "Oh she went there, we shouldn't try to copy her" NO, see my quests: they all begin with thanks to all contributors. I didn't ask them if I could use their discoveries. I just started from where they went then made new discoveries or open all new areas not yet mapped (with markers).

I see more quests like a work-in-progress, a team work, not a competition. I've heard from others that some explorers don't like me much stating : "Oh Annabelle, she always makes discoveries lefting us with nothing."

Well first of all, I'm feed with explorers' discoveries, my network is like that. Many friends of mine do quests so they share it with me then I start from there and so on.

Second and last, I'm not a competitive girl, I'm curious for 2 :lol: . If I see a barrier, I will try anything to get over it. And this, can be a long process. If you were there alongside me when I'm searching for a new spot. I try everything possible and even if it doesn't work, be sure, I will come back later even if it is 2 or 3 months later to try a newer trick.

That is it for now enjoy!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:14 pm 

Just curious,

What is "the other side"? What are the "barricades" that people don't think Cyan wants us to cross but you can cross? Are they the literal barricades put up by the DRC? Can you go beyond those to other places?

Sorry, I am still kind of a newbie and didn't understand half of this thread.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:38 am 
Obduction Backer

Yes, these are both the DRC barricades, and the general invisible walls that are in place all around to keep you where you’re supposed to be. Using skilled jumping, lots of patience to find the weak spots where the barriers aren’t built as impenetrable as they should have been, and taking advantage of shortcomings in the game’s physics engine, you can get past those in a lot of places.

In most cases, you don’t see anything new there – Cyan didn’t bother modeling the parts of the ages that nobody was supposed to see. You can get unfamiliar and surprising sights though – generally, as a consequence of a technical detail of the game engine, walls become invisible as soon as you're behind them, and sometimes, you see whole parts of the age disappear entirely. You also have to be careful because outside of the areas that are supposed to be accessible, many floors and walls are not solid and you can easily fall through things and panic link out. Conversely, there are some solid floors you can walk on that are not visible and you will appear to float in mid-air to bypassers.

For starters, when you are on Tokotah Plaza in Ae’gura, you often see people floating high above the DRC tent. Many of them will enjoy teaching you the sequence of jumps you have to perform to get up there. It takes some practice, but once you master such a feat and get to a place where you have never been before and where most people never get, it’s a very rewarding experience.

Remember that Relto page in Eder Kemo that you have to jump to from the right place to get? We’re doing the same thing here, just way more advanced.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:50 pm 

I worked in the most secrecy on a new project of mine. :lol: Yep because secrecy isn't really working with me but anyway... I just gave out partial details about it.

What is The Spine Network then?

If you had a look at today Nexus' public Links, you surely saw those 3 hoods : Annabelle-Sophie's, Annabelle's World and La sauterelle. I mentionned on the last one that there is another one belonging to me...in fact there are 2 more. :lol:

I'm losing track on my own stuffs down there...anyway back to my explanations.

On the first one I give little to no explanations at all, then on the second, I give a little bit more infos, on the third, I give you more detailled infos.

BTW, you should check my picts when you visit my hoods. That is the good thing about having hood(s), enables you to put your own stuff.

The spine is the name that was the most representative of what my network is.

The network is almost ready by now : the first quest will be released on Sunday 28th. I know it is your Thanksgiving long weekend that begins tonight and most of you guys will be away from home visiting family and friends so I don't want to release my quests before that and I have to put final touches to them :lol: (yes this is the TRUE reason :wink: ).

And...there is more than just my Spine Network. It is Christmas Time in one month from now so when there is Christmas there is an Advent Calendar isn't?

What about Annabelle's Quests' Advent Calendar? Yep I came up with this idea since I have more or less 25 quests ready to be release or in my head.

LOL I'm always going in every directions all at once, I'm hard to follow even for me :wink: ok back to The Spine Network:

If you look at my 3 hoods that are publics I've said that I came up with more or less 20 routes in Ae'gura all interconnected. Ok since I don't remember them by heart let's make a breakdown right now:

Quest 1: The Spine: take roots on bridge and go to ferry by Kadish Gallery - one single route - 90 stations - a point A to point B type of quest. You will follow only one route. I think I put an option to take a fork. NO COMBO needed.

Quest 2: Upper Forks: departs from The Spine in the 1st cavern between bridge and concert hall and give you 7 differents routes. There are only 3 cul-de-sac on the 7 routes. 3 reconnect to the Lower Forks and 1 reconnects to the Gallery Forks.
This quest will give you the newest ways to enter the Gallery, again a discovery made by myself.

Quest 3: Gallery Forks : departs just before entering the Gallery, you will enter by the JohnB's backdoor entrance. There are 3 routes in this quest, 2 of which are looping back to The Spine or Lower Forks and 1 which reconnect to the Lower Forks. There is also another feature in this quest that enables you to jump on Blocked Gate Dock.

Quest 4: Lower Forks : departs inside Gallery itself on my own backdoor's discovery back in June I think. The one that gets you under the stairs. From there you can follow 3 differents routes, 1 of them is a cul-de-sac, the other 2 reconnect to The Spine.

Quest 5: Ae'gura Docks : start on ferry grounds but you will soon see that you will have to master combo for 1 route : Berths walk which is a cul-de-sac or the Zip Line Launch for the 2 remaining routes. Those 2 routes: From ruins to berth and Lakeshore front reconnect themselves on The Spine. There is also a special in-wall area called Exploring ruins.

Quest 6: Ae'gura By-the-Lake: start on ferry grounds but you will soon see that the main start is on 1st landing. You can alternatively zip line launch yourself on pub roof then jump over the tent if you don't want to try the lower main entry. Nevertheless, again NO COMBO involved. 4 routes in this quest: Arch view that reconnects with The Spine, Lower Stairs' cliff that reconnects with The Spine too, City's cliff which is a cul-de-sac and 1st Landing which is also a cul-de-sac.

Quest 7: The Backbone Xpress: this is a spin-off made by Annabelle X. You will soon find out that with this avvie, my quests are to become more attractive, more edgy, more hard, more cleverish. Annabelle X is all-dressed up in black, some guys already told me : "Wow, you look sexy!" hahahaha boys boys boys :wink: . You might regret what you said after trying my quests :lol: .

So what is this spin-off made of. I start from the Bridge to the ferry by the common way all you guys took for ages. I just go all the way in ferry though. But there is an important thing. My quest is very hard and full of actions. I hate to walk and follow ledges, it is too long. With this quest I go from point A to point B in 5 to 7 minutes chrono. You will jump, I will make your heart beats and my instructions are very shorts. No talky talk. Right to the point and some humor too in it. Experts will love that quest.

Quest 8 : That is a surprise. I must keep something a secret. This quest is never mentionned in any of the above quests but it is an integrant part of The Spine Network. It is my most achieved quest I made, the hardest one, I must give out only 4 or 5 instructions markers and that is really it. It is the quest I'm most proud of too. Will tell more about it later.

This quest is aim for expert wall crackers. I already have it's name though but I won't reveal it for now.

So that makes up to 8 quests within my Spine Network. The Spine quest is where all other quests depart from or reconnect to.

It is the longest "in wall" route of the entire cavern and with the extended network it is the longest network, point! I must have 1 thousand markers all inside walls all interconnected. There is no Relto out but one. I don't say you won't Relto out though :lol:, I just say that if...IF you stay "grounded" in my Network, you could spend numerous hours without returning to normal grounds or without Reltoing out.

Before releasing the 1st quest of the Spine Network, I will publish here some advance Cavern's skydiving techniques. Check out my next post.

Oh one more thing. My quests are all well identified, all forks are numbered, each steps or what I call "station" are numbered. Within the 4 first quests, the numbering is mostly consolidated so what does it mean. You are in The Spine quest and you hit let say marker 35. It gives you out 2 choices : whether searching for marker 36 of The Spine or switch to Gallery Forks quest. If you decide to open Gallery Forks quest then the first marker will be numbered 36. Then when you reconnect yourself to The Spine, I'd tried to do the same, the last marker of a fork quest has the same number that the one from The Spine quest when you will reopen it.

So, for example, you will follow marker 1 to 37 in The Spine, then 37 to 60.14C in Lower Forks, then 60 to 90 in The Spine.

I hope it won't be that hard to follow my thoughts, I had to came with this numbering system because my forks take longer sinuous roads but eventually reconnects to The Spine. The Spine isn't the easiest route but it is the most direct one going through the Gallery. Only 90 steps in it.

I breakdown my Spine Network in 8 quests to keep my promise I made to Ethan and by extend to all of you, trying to keep my quests low-numbered. The disadvantage is having to go back and forth between quests to advance but again I had in mind many things: my promise, the server health, the explorers with less powerful pcs. My goal was to make a real - step A to step B - quest with The Spine,then, with Forks quests, enables more advanced explorers to try out all the routes I came up with.

This Network is stupendous. I hope people will like it and play with my quests.

On the other hand, I have like previously say about 25 quests to release so I will explain each quest one by one, one each day, the day I will release it. I will hold all of them on all of my avvies and I will send them to Abjab4, Abjab5 and Mr. Stick as well. In these 25 quests, I count the 8 above quests as well. I will also give you the date of the quest. Some quests are old ones that I never released yet, not happy with them, I always try to make them to perfection.

So I will switch between quests like 1 big then few smalls then 1 big then few other smalls etc. Please note that I will tell you what you should expect in them : combo, double, normal jumps, special technique, community, wit, etc. I have made them with different avvies and with different target audiences. Some will be so hard the typical explorer will not even want to try them and others will be targetted for general explorers, as long as they want to move their avvies a little bit. I ain't gonna change, I'm always on the move, so are my quests :wink:.

And the most important thing is that is all voluntary work here :lol: so I hope people will understand that even if I'm trying to give out the most perfect quests I can come up with, I'm just an explorer like you, I do it on spare time.

If you ask yourself, How do you find time to make all those quests? I find time because I like that. I find time because when I enter an age, I already have idea of what I want to do. I find time because I have an imaginative mind that enables fast conceptual routes and visual finitions I want to achieve with my quests. I find time because I crack almost anything and as fast as a flash. I find time because I have so much on going projects in my head that if I don't release quests from time to time, you will be overflow by them one day. I prefer release them from time to time. It enables to go along with other projects. Don't ask!!!! Yes, I have already some new things in mind. I didn't go to all places I wanted to yet.

As long as there will be a wall resisting me, an area untouch by my feet, I won't back down.

My moto is : Barricades are meant to be cross. :lol:

Since I'm there and that I have great influence in URU Cavern, I will take advantage of that to inform you about something:

Turjan. who is the hoodmeister of the D'ni Musicological Research's (DMR) Bevin, is one of the candidates enlist to be the selected composer for the upcoming Myst movie. I officially support his candidature. He is a great composer and he made thorough researches about D'ni music and D'ni music instruments. His music is very true to what D'ni Universe is about. I would recommend that every explorer listen to his music. Only one hearing and you will be conquer. There is a signature petition going on in the DMR's Bevin. This bevin is maintain mainly by three friends of mine : MrMouski, the best DJ down there, the lovely christine and the great composer and charming Musica. Find them and ask to put your name on it.

That is all for today folks.

I must return to my quests' edition.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:35 pm 

How to interpret Annabelle’s markers :

As you are about to begin working on my Spine Network quests and the newest quests I made these days, here is how to interpret my markers.

Let’s take one :
Reset quest – 3rd pers – turn camera angle – center marker – 1st pers – turn left – aim next – run-jump

This is the shortest way I’ve come to with experience to explain in few words a serie of steps you MUST follow exactly.

Reseting a quest :

Reseting a quest enables you to stand on the marker, in numerous quests, people don’t really need to reset quests as the next marker is not that hard to land on. The reset game option enables you, for the last marker that you got, to enter in an edit mode sort of and be able to see it without capturing unless you go a little too far and come back.

When you see in my quests : reset quest, this is not an option, it is an obligation if you want to go further down the road.

Switching from 3rd pers view to 1st pers view perspective and the contrary :

If I tell you to switch between the 2 modes, there is a good reason why. Trust me, I have a lot of experience.

Centering a marker :

After reseting a quest you will often see this instruction. You must do it. This isn’t an option. When you play a game, you grab the marker as soon as the avvie touch the border of it. There is a small space between the 2. This small space as small as it can be is too large for my quests. LOL. You must center my markers when I told you to.

If you don't have a clue of what centering a marker is, switch to 1st pers view, look down, if you see the middle pulsating bullet then you are behind the center, move forward a little bit. You must completely hide the center bullet with your avvie when looking in 1st pers down.

Aiming marker :

Unless I told you to aim a particular spot within a marker, I presume you will do the following, switch to 1st pers, center the middle bullet on your screen. If you have more experience like I do, you can easily figure it out in 3rd pers view even if the marker is really far away.

Other techniques requiered :

Combo jumps : already explained - see part 1 earlier in this topic

Double jumps : already explained - see part 1 earlier in this topic

Zip Line launch : there is a Ki-mail circulating in the Cavern made by Straker that explain very well how to do it.

Breaking a wall :

How to break a wall? When you stand on top of an invisible collision wall sometimes you will feel support by another barrier. Not always, but for the vast majority of time, in my quests you will have to switch between 2 walls or to fall behind a wall that is supportive.

The technique is fairly simple but can take up to 5 minutes for certain walls I’ve encountered in the Cavern.

You have to jump up and walk straight forward against the wall, perpendiculary to it. As soon as you feel your avvie is moving even a pixel forward, repeat the process.

At anytime, when trying to break a wall, if you side-step when trying to move forward, stop moving, jump up and retry moving forward. Side-step is not good when trying to break a wall, you want to go forward even if it is for a few pixels.

Be support or find support by wall :

This is almost the contrary of breaking a wall. To move along collision wall on great distances and with ease, you must find and be supported by the wall. If lucky, you will find it very fast, if not here is the way to do it.

Back up very carefully, not too much as you will fall down from the wall. Turn your avvie so when you will push the forward key, you will angle the wall in a 45 degrees angle. Don’t push forward key too much because if the support isn't there, you will have your ticket for Relto.

As soon as you feel your avvie is going sideway when pushing forward key that is your cue.

When you are support by wall you can either walk or run as long as you keep an angle of approximately 45 degrees at all time and that imply also that you DON’T ever jump. Jumping up is related to breaking a wall, remember?

Inside turn and outside turn when support by wall :

When you come to an inside turn, don’t worry, just turn your avvie to angle to the new direction than keep walking or running along the supportive wall.

When you come to an outside turn, this is a bit tricky as you have possibility to loose support by wall. First thing, slow down if you were running, now angle the wall so you are perpendicular with it (90 degrees angle). Keep walking and feel your avvie movement, as soon as it goes a little forward whether than sideway, realign your avvie to angle correctly this new lenght of the wall. You are now ready to go.

If you want to make sure how to do outside turns then reset my quests, every outside turn have a marker right on the turning point so it might help you to see visually how it works.

Unsticking your avvie from a sticky situation :

I mainly use this trick to find collision walls top. You have to get stick inside a collision wall by jumping right into it.

You will be grab by it. Sometimes, it is fairly easy to get out of there, but the main goal of unsticking from a wall is not to go back to normal areas but to stand on top of collision wall. That is the hardest, find your way to the top instead of normal surrounding areas.

For example, in Kadish Gallery, in my Lower Forks quest of my Spine Network, I have one marker where I say to you to run-jump to a spot. On landing, you will be stick there.

On landing, you will need to side-step a little toward the outside of Gallery, then jump up, then run-jump aiming the outside area. In order to move from this sticky situation you must pan the outside area and try every angle, meaning by that you must for every angle possible as long as you are looking inside Gallery, run-jump to see if your avvie will move.

If you move 1 pixel then it is good, repeat. If you don't move, redo it all over again : run-jump in every directions outside of Gallery.

Once you move, you will feel that you are climbing the wall. The cue to know you are safely on top is the popping out of the wall. You will feel it on screen.

But there is a catch and this is not very funny. You can either pop out smack on the collision wall or pop out just a little too
much on the edge of it and find your way to Relto. So, in order to prevent that, when you feel your avvie is about to pop out, the climb will get easier and easier as you will unstick so there is your cue, aim the next marker already. As soon as you pop out, run-jump immediately from that wall.

For the spot in Kadish Gallery, it works for me at a 75% rate chance but it can take me up to 10 minutes sometimes to get out of there. Hopefully, within my Spine Network, I made a nice alternative route that will enable you to jump from an upper spot right on top of the collision wall.

But anyway, it is a technique that I use so I wanted to teach you guys how to do it.

There are numerous other techniques too for more advanced users : i won’t explain all to you but here is few :

Stack up your cpu memory just enough not to receive a stack dump error from the game which means you are out of the game LOL you must restart all. This technique is made simply by using the game URU itself, no need to have external need here. You must have instinct of when you are about to crash.

Easy way to do it : Relto out, Relto out, Relto out, Relto out, you will see that after numerous times, your game will be more and more laggy. That can be good or not good, you must have instinct of whether it is good or not. Sometimes, it can be more helpful to close URU and let the memory refresh then relog to URU.

Use special programs that need a lot of memory to restrict available memory like cpu killer. It launches several hard mathematical operations to your cpu in order to reduce available memory. In long term though, I don’t think this is really good for your pc.

You can shut down cpu if you have more than one that imply having duo or quad core pc :wink:

You can run Fraps alongside URU on same computer. This program needs a lot of memory.

There are more also but that is more than enough you have to know for playing all my quests.

The last techniques are not needed but for a few of my quests, but often I mentionned it or anyway markers are just there for esthetic purposes.

I made some edition on this post to clarify my speech.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:59 pm 

Journeys through Ages :

While browsing my KI pictures directory, I had a brilliant idea.

A guy, the other day in Cavern, saw me with Skydiver Annabelle and ask me this: "Are you the legendary Annabelle?". And there was this other guy who told me "You are famous" after I asked him if he knew that the quest he was playing was actually one I've made.

I found those statements very cute and flattering but at the same time I was a little bit puzzled at how I got that "fame".

People heard about my exploits, know all the places I went, but that is all a legend, someone telling the other guy then this guy tell a girl then she tells her best friend, then... You get the portrait.

I've made numerous quests that went into the Forgotten Vault too :lol:. Some explorers told me recently, hey Annabelle, I went there, have you ever went there yourself? Don't ask :lol: :wink: I went almost everywhere.

So what almost everywhere is? :lol:

I will publish on this topic, but maybe not all in one week though, I'm not AnnaBot :wink:, my Journeys through Ages.

I will cover each age or group of smaller ages thoroughly with KI pictures and explanations. And there is no trickery in those pictures, it will be all MOULa original pictures. It will take some time since my KI directory is almost at 2 500 ki pictures with many from other installs of URU or using Plasmaclient within MOULa.

I want to show you guys only MOULa running uruexplorer.exe pictures.

Latest Busts :

Many heard of the 1st one which is very impressive, the other one not so many but those 2 where made back-to-back.

Here are some picts and explanations :

Museum back area (busted monday)

This is where I landed the 1st time I made it to this area.

After chatting with buddies, I took this picture to show them what it looks like at the bottom of the stairs.

I was in hood city so I asked Christine to come see me as she has an avvie member of the same hood as Annabelle and I brought Evelyne too, my other avvie of this hood.

This is after my 2nd success filmed by christine who has been kind enough to stay for 2 straight hours looking at me trying to jump over the barricade. After like 20 minutes, she chatted me in french : "That is most impressive, I'm amazed, You can stop if you want". I responded to her in french also : "No, I'm stubborn, I have to go there once again". After 1 hour, I took a break, my hand was hurting so bad. 3 minutes later I was back boucing again.

I did it in fact for a cheerish being that I will loose in some days, so that what drove me. You have to be insane or driven by something to have done what I've done the other night. You come to a point where, you don't even think, you just act, on automatic pilot, you are in some kind of transe. repeating and repeating.

Now I found the sweet spot, well not really let say the sweet area :lol:. Like I said, it is only 1 jump. You have to start from the right spot, double jump to the right spot on the barricade, you will bounce real high up in the air, hit the wall nearby, and rebounce back on top of barricade. Don't ask yet, I'm still working on it and I won't find it before days. If you had tried 3 hours and half the other day, you would take a little break of it.

The first time, I didn't even hit it the barricade collision wall, I flew over it. The second time, I hit the top and after 2 hours of trials and errors, I made a safety run-jump to the back of this area. So christine taped me bouncing up then disappear completely then saw some crazy chat lines because I was so in shock my fingers were shaking so I wrote something in french that wasn't french at all. :lol:

Christine told me that I was perseverant. Yes, I am. Another bust another interesting story...

The Er'cana Windmill (busted tuesday)

Markers placed there.

This is taken in 1st pers on top of the collision wall there.

This bust took me as much days as there are between June 1st when I completed my last Er'cana's New Grounds quest and tuesday of this week.

This bust is one of my "Traversée du Désert" (Jesus Christ 40 days journey into desert), a french expression which means that I have suffer a long time in order to make this happen.

Oh boy, did I suffer! Immensily. There is the thing with quests. Once they are made, people don't have a clue of what came before, of all the work made into it.

This is the quest, after Annabelle's Gem quest and Maintainers' Wall quests, that I'm the most proud of. This quest is a real Journey. You will start from open-air area to go into some darkish areas to finish in bright er'cana sunlight. It is very impressive. You might not look at it as a great one, but it is.

Look at the last picture. See how high I am. Until the last jump onto this collision wall, I suffer many deceptions, many cul-de-sac. Sometimes, it was getting very ugly. I should have record myself. Oh no :lol: , most of you wouldn't have understand french canadian swearing anyway. Between the starting point and the landing on this wall, there is only 20 or so stations. So 20 steps to follow.

That doesn't sounds much but wait until you see them. For some, you will have to "imagine" where to aim to in order to curve the right way while jumping to make sure you hit the wall that is blinded from sight.

Then as if it was getting easy, you will be in a dark area, jumping to something you don't even see, and from which you can't move, if you move you are fired.

Then it becomes harder, you have to rotate around the control room avoiding all sticky zones up there, there are more than a lot.

As if it wouldn't be enough hard, I've putted many markers up there since you can't even be sure to land on same exact spot from time to time.

Then when you finally hit the upper ring of that room, you will be confront with where the **** she putted her markers on staircase below. Again, you are blind so the only way to know where they are is actually to jump. You have to be lucky.

Once there it becomes a lot easier but there is a final hard spot. You will land on an elevator on the wall of the rotating stones room. You will jump up. On the final jump, you must be ready to make a run-jump to the next markers, if not you are dead.

Like I said, until the last jump on this collision wall, I had hard time. The room is circular and the colllision wall over the rotating stones is square so, if you are good in geometry, you will understand real soon that it is not in every spots where you can make it to the center collision wall.

I was so happy when I finally got there.

So, I gave you 2 choices, wait for my upcoming quest or try to find the way by yourself :wink:, I have already give you a lot of infos how to get there :lol:. Oh by the way, the entrance is in the tanks open-air area so you must travel a long journey to get there.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next