It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:20 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:28 am 

Back int he MOUL days we had a graphic to know which pellets are considered to be good or bad:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
If it makes an orange or white light it is good. I don't remember exactly which one is best between orange and white >.<

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:59 am 
Obduction Backer

Orange is best for the lake. You should be able to tell the quality from the KI points. The best quality pellets also give the highest average points if I remember correctly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:50 pm 
Obduction Backer

the best possible score on a single dropped load of five pellets is 5000 points, but since that particular recipe nets between about 950 and no more than exactly 1000 points per pellet, the chances of generating exactly 1000 points for each and every one of the five pellets is exceedingly slim yet not unheard of. exploding pellets are a bad deal, bright white light isn't ideal either, a dull orange glow is exactly what we're looking for. if the pellet drops and there's no reaction, you've dropped a dud. that doesn't help, but it doesn't hurt either.

the recipe i use is...
[spoiler]30 30 30 for all ovens[/spoiler]
that always nets me points within the best possible target range. 950-1000 points with a dull orange glow. it takes three hours to cook.

D'ni seems to have lost many of its hard core pellet cooking explorers. I'm talking those who'd linger all day with multiple avatars running multiple er'cannas at a time. they'd haul several tens of thousands of points a day. some are still around, but many others seem to be MIA. they're the light generating powerhouses. i for one haven't the stomach for the tedium involved with the pellet manufacturing process, but these people contributed significantly to the lake health. they contribute as much as everyone else does combined, so they essentially double everyone's combined output. if they go away, the lake health is essentially halved... :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:49 am 

So I thought I'd help out a bit and run a bunch of pellet batches for the lake. I must be getting better at it because my most recent batch netted TWO 1000 point pellets! :shock: :o

My question is, do we need to deposit the pellet points on a neighborhood imager to count towards the lake health or is dropping them in the test chamber enough?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:09 am 
Obduction Backer

D'Lanor wrote:
The purpose of the KI points is to determine the quality of the pellets you drop. And to show off of course. Whether you keep the points in your KI or donate them to an imager does not make any difference to the lake anymore.

Did I get that right?

D'Lanor wrote:
The total lake score is updated as soon as you drop your pellet. However, RAWA already stated that the total does not mean much. And we can now see proof of that in the decreasing lake light state. It is more important to keep a steady flow of good quality pellets coming.

Hopefully, Deck15 pellets are enumerated no matter what..lol

Moul(A)II Charura KI#296707 Char Gearz KI#600002 Teri Dactyl KI#600568 Chickopee KI#601018 Cannon Belle KI#601422

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:23 am 

The problem with this puzzle has always been the "months and years" intended time frame. If anyone ever revisits the code, they should set it so 20 people over a few days can lighting up to the max. That would generate a lot of lake lighting parties. They could also bring back the health meter since we could actually see movement in a reasonable time frame. Maybe even have the increased light show something in the distance we couldn't see when it was dark.

I think they recognized a similar problem baking the pellets. I believe they moved to time required down in the offline URU.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:38 am 
Obduction Backer

/me falls down the stairs trying to light her flashlight..

Moul(A)II Charura KI#296707 Char Gearz KI#600002 Teri Dactyl KI#600568 Chickopee KI#601018 Cannon Belle KI#601422

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:33 am 
Obduction Backer

Big_Bob wrote:
I think they recognized a similar problem baking the pellets. I believe they moved to time required down in the offline URU.

Considering that it existed (as far as releases go, anyway) in the offline Uru long before MOUL had it... you've got that backwards. It went from a reasonable ~15 minutes to something that takes hours. The intent for a massive puzzle taking contributions from large numbers of players is obvious; whether this is clever design can be debated. The fact that the game did not last long enough for it to ever come to anything doesn't help the conversation. :cry:

MOULa KI #32712
MOULa KI #23298
MOUL KI #35129
D'mala KI #74265
Gehn KI #10113

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:34 am 
Obduction Backer

i'm not sure if i've noticed the lake any dimmer. the last few evenings it's had a nice golden sheen and there's been ample illumination in the cavern (enough to discern some of the finer details)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:00 am 
Obduction Backer

Main_Avvie wrote:
i'm not sure if i've noticed the lake any dimmer. the last few evenings it's had a nice golden sheen and there's been ample illumination in the cavern (enough to discern some of the finer details)

The city doesn't change. =P

The hoods and Kirel do. (these are the couple of vantage points RAWA once mentioned)

EDIT: There might be one other vantage point, I can't remember off the top of my head, but the City (Ae'gura) is /definitely/ not one of them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:58 pm 
Obduction Backer

Is it still realistic to expect that the dropping of pellets means anything more than numbers? In other words, do we continue to drop for the good of the community or is it now a moot point just helping a neighborhood show off? I'll quit the pellet drop anytime...

Last edited by Charura on Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:17 pm 
Obduction Backer

provided RAWA is still keeping tally and the lake light levels of the *neighborhoods* are being altered accordingly then, yes.

is it a full fledged day/night cycle? no. will contributing pellets make a day/night cycle happen any sooner? not that i can fathom.

if you find the pellet production process pointless then do with it what you will regardless. i find it tedious if not entirely pointless so i don't do it so often but not enough to not do it at all. i cannot stomach more than a few loads at a time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:26 pm 
Obduction Backer

Main_Avvie wrote:
i find it tedious if not entirely pointless so i don't do it so often but not enough to not do it at all

I left the end of your statement off..Sounds like a gastro problem :shock: ...but thank you...lol

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9