It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:55 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: PMing age to age
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:58 pm 
Obduction Backer

Hi all !!!

My brother just joined the game and we are having trouble with PMing. We can pm each other if we're in the same age, but not from different age's.

I can PM anyone other then him in any age, so I think the problem is on his end. Is there something he hasn't completed that prevents us from communicating from age to age? Or is this a glitch?

Any ideas?

rocketdog

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:13 pm 
Obduction Backer

You both need to have you KIs, and you both need to add each other to each other's buddies lists. You can only PM someone who is on your buddies list...and you can only do that after you've got your KIs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:28 pm 
Obduction Backer

We are both in each others buddy list. There is some other problem.

rocketdog

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:56 am 

I had a similar problem with some of my friends. I never figured out what caused it but after a while it fixed itself. Make sure to add your friends KI number and have him add yours even if you already show on his list. That's the best advice I can give

(edit: oops :oops: )

Fear is the mind-killer

Last edited by Loshem on Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:10 am 
Obduction Backer

heya rocketdog!! :D :D

never seen you on the forums before...

as for anything you have to do in game to fix this... i don't think there is any...?
sounds like another bug/glitch to me...

sometimes glitches resolve themselves, sometimes some random tinkering is called for...
i don't know what to suggest beyond asking someone who has intimate knowledge of uru's wiering...

and there is no tech support for uru anymore, so this issue can't be resolved by delving into the games code...
though i would hate for it to come to this, perhaps your brother could start a new avvie, which would be highly unfortunate and if it comes to that i'd advise only doing so as a last resort...

wait a while and see if the issue resolves itself if your lucky...

Edit: yes, Tanshin, usually something remains in limited capacity... however, the last resort terminology usually comes into play...

Last edited by Main_Avvie on Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:35 am 
Obduction Backer

Main_Avvie wrote:
and there is no tech support for uru anymore, so this issue can't be resolved by delving into the games code...
though i would hate for it to come to this, perhaps your brother could start a new avvie, which would be highly unfortunate and if it comes to that i'd advise only doing so as a last resort...

There technically is http://suport.cyanworlds.com

That can always be a last resort...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:07 am 
Obduction Backer

Frankly, this sounds like a user issue, as we used to say in the trades. :)

Rocketdog, I suggest you go where there are people, either in the city or in a public 'hood with 2 or more people present, when you and your brother can both be there, and just outright ask someone to help.

Not only will they surely be glad to help you out (we love figuring out the answers to puzzles in Uru), but they probably will be able to.

If worse comes to worst then post your KI numbers here and people on the forums will try to help when they head back to the cavern, but you probably don't need to do that; the problem is likely fixable in-cavern.

You should be prepared to be very patient with the folks who try to help you, because they may try to talk you through using the KI interface, and that's unpleasant enough when you can see it... it's really a painful labor to talk someone else through it. :P

But we (or they) will get you through it, and you'll be connected in no time. This is solvable. Keep up your enthusiasm for a little while and we'll get it hammered out for you. :)

VidRoth -- KI#50637

Post subject: problem with the game
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:50 am 
Obduction Backer

I should have posted the answer to this problem long ago.

This was a problem with the game. OHB checked the registry for errors and could find none. My brother made a second avatar and we had no problem PMing each other after that. Several months went by and we tried the original avatar again and it worked fine.

rocketdog