It is currently Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:41 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:04 am 

Hello all,

I'm running into trouble in Gahreesen and I cannot continue Yeesha's journey quest. The problem I'm having is, apparently, fairly common. I just have a more severe form of it.

I link to Gahreesen, use the elevator to get to the top of the tower (which is spinning), and try to jump to the stone between the two towers (the one with the journey cloth). I fall THROUGH the rock, not land on top of it. I've tried jumping directly on it, jumping earlier, jumping later, walking jump, running jump, everything. After spending hours trying to make it and then a couple hours researching it, apparently this is caused by a weakness in the game combined with severe lag. There is nothing I can do about the lag; I'm on satellite internet. 1800 to 3600 ms server latency guaranteed.

As I said, this makes it impossible to complete my journey. I would like help, if someone is willing to offer it.

The only solution that I can think of (which I really don't like), is letting someone with a better internet connection log into my account, make the jump for me, and touch the journey cloth that is on the stone. Then just log out and I can pick it up from there using the bookmark on my Relto bookshelf.

It's obvious why I don't like this solution, I'd have to trust someone with my login information. However, it's either that, or I'll never find out what the rest of the journey is.

Who to trust? I'm fairly new here; my acquaintance with everyone in the cavern is barely more than two days old. So, I've turned to these forums for help. Are there any moderators or anyone in an official/semi-official capacity who would be willing to help? A person is only granted a position like that by being trustworthy. I realize anyone with a position like that is probably already busy, and/or wouldn't want to get involved with another persons account. However, any offer would be very, very gladly accepted.

Thank you,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:29 am 
Obduction Backer

Assuming no one comes up with a technical solution to the issue, I'm more than happy to help. Just PM me with your info. And, if you're wondering "ooo do I trust him?" a) no because you shouldn't ever give out your login info and b) everyone knows OHB so you're golden. For added security, you can use the "Forgotten Password" link to reset your password. Make it something plain for me to use. When I'm done, you can change it back to whatever you want.

Post subject: Thanks!
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:07 am 

Thank you so much! I've sent you a PM.

Post subject: Help? Again?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:27 pm 

Hello again,

Could I please ask for your help again? I did get the rest of the journey cloths, however... the last one I touched was in the upper section of Gahreesen. The part you get to through Teledahn, which means it's separated from the rest of the age... which means I'm going to have to jump back to the stone spire in order to reach the Bahro door. Would you consider helping me this one last time?

Just the same thing as before, with the same login info.

Thank you so much (even if you decide not to!)
Jayim_Duinara

P.S. And a message afterward, if you decide to?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:57 pm 

/me is curiously thinking how Boy Wonder managed to jump to the phantom rock...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:08 pm 
Obduction Backer

you're determined, my friend. that's commendable :wink:
that rediculiously out of place Mario bros-esque platforming challenging is aggrivating anyday, but for you to have to put up with this workaround is tenfold. i bow to your dedication. Gahreesen is one of URU's most technicaly demanding ages, after this i can't forsee you encountering any more similar issues (though i'm looking at you Ahnonay)

when somebody does get *back* to the larger fortress (it may have been advisable to have gone to the upper floors first) and entered the journey cave... HAVE THEM PRESS THE CLOTH IN THE LARGER FORTRESS!! otherwise, you'll have problems ever getting to the main portion of the larger fortress ever again...

AND NEVER AGAIN PRESS A CLOTH ANYWHERE IN GAHREESEN!! or you'll loose access to the main portion and have to restore it...

this way you'll never have to bother with jumping rocks in Gahreesen. in your Gahreesen book you'll have the main link to the smaller fortress. the link to the upper floors of the larger fortress. and the cloth link set to the main portion of the larger fortress.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:15 pm 

Howdy,

Can't get the 'quote' function to work, but you said:

"...i can't forsee you encountering any more similar issues (though i'm looking at you Ahnonay)

when somebody does get *back* to the larger fortress (it may have been advisable to have gone to the upper floors first) and entered the journey cave... HAVE THEM PRESS THE CLOTH IN THE LARGER FORTRESS!! ..."

The problem was that I didn't know that the other two cloths needed to accessed from a different age. I've never been through Gahreesen before now. I don't need or want him to enter the cave for me, just grab the cloth; the strange thing, is that I can jump from the rock to the larger spinning fortress, I just cannot jump from the smaller spinning fortress to the rock. Something about sub-age sections on the server and too much lag to solidify the next one in time before falling through or something...

I did encounter a similar difficulty in Teledahn. The floor of Sharper's office (third floor of the giant mushroom) would not solidify, and I'd fall through as soon as I stepped off of the elevator, sometimes through the next few floors and out of the age entirely. I dredged through old posts on the forums and found a bit of advice from another poor unfortunate soul stuck with satellite internet. The solution is to slowly, slowly, SLOWLY inch your way off of the elevator one pixel at a time until you are standing on the floor without falling through. Basically, give the server loads of time to catch up with my Avatar. You can see why the same technique wouldn't work on the spinning platform of Gahreesen! =P

Jayim_Duinara

Post subject: HORRIFIED APOLOGY!!!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:27 pm 

GASP!

I'm so sorry OHB! I think I accidentally spammed your PM inbox. I tried sending a PM to you and when I clicked 'submit' I got an error. I thought it failed so I tried again. And again. And... well... let's just say I was determined. Now I just read elsewhere on the forums where it says the messages get through even with this error.

I'm so sorry! :oops: :(

Absolutely mortified,
Jayim_Duinara

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:29 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
Psst, check your Outbox - you can delete messages if they haven't been picked up, yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:45 pm 

Main_Avvie wrote:
when somebody does get *back* to the larger fortress (it may have been advisable to have gone to the upper floors first) and entered the journey cave... HAVE THEM PRESS THE CLOTH IN THE LARGER FORTRESS!! otherwise, you'll have problems ever getting to the main portion of the larger fortress ever again...

I always make it a point to press the cloth on the rock between the two fortresses just before I finish the age so... (DO NOT read on if you haven't completed the game before)

[spoiler]when I go back later to return the Bahro pillar, I don't have far to go to get to the journey door. Those jumps can be very tricky and I've fallen off more times than I can count.[/spoiler]

KI #00066107

I never asked to be born, but since I'm here, I'm taking over.

Post subject: Re: HORRIFIED APOLOGY!!!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:06 pm 
Obduction Backer

The PreacherMan wrote:
GASP!

No worries! I've moved you back to the rock. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:09 pm 
Obduction Backer

since you say you're capable of jumping from the rock to the fortress but not to the rock from the fortress i'd take nomen's advice and touch the cloth on the rock so that you can jump to the cave yourself from there. then it may be a decent idea to leave that cloth set as the link in spot so you can jump to either fortress. still, setting the link in point to the cloth in the larger fortress isn't a bad idea either... hope this is working out for you :)

i'm sure OHB isn't gonna loose sleep over repeated overreply's lol :wink:

i've heard of these sub age sections before as well, and despite having a relatively decent connection and speed i still routinely fall out of the elevator in teledahn too (as have many others i've seen)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:46 pm 

Thank you OHB! =D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:18 pm 
Obduction Backer

The PreacherMan wrote:
Thank you OHB! =D

You're welcome :)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]