It is currently Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:56 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:28 am 
Obduction Backer

i put the ad in a tiny picture framed i just painted. Not sure if it will stay there long, but looks nice,and includes both my hobby (uru) and my faith.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:47 am 
Obduction Backer

It's worth noting that every single screenshot in Steam's product listing features locations and situations that are either impossible or no longer exist in Complete Chronicles.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:31 am 

vidkid7 wrote:
It's worth noting that every single screenshot in Steam's product listing features locations and situations that are either impossible or no longer exist in Complete Chronicles.

Well, I just checked the screenshots, but I don't see it? The screenie this topic is about, yes, but standing in the cleft, or walking to Eder Kemo seems to be completely possible. Yes, the offline CC doesn't give you other people to pose with in Bevin, true, but Bevin must also be reachable offline right? It's only the fist screenshot I don't recognize, and that could be because I'm just not far enough. And of course the diagram in the control room can't be changed. Why do you say that they are all impossible? Am I missing something?

"All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth." - Nietzsche

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:04 pm 

The first image is of MUDPIE era (the avatars are different from then. The second is of course a full neighborhood. The third is a version of The Cleft where there are stair and a curious wooden ladder that do not exist in the current build. Fourth, fifth, and sixth are all Kemo but again with the MUDPIE era avatars. Seventh is the Library on Ae'gura but the back wall of the cavern is much closer and brighter. Eighth is a MUDPIE era avatar standing in Gahreesen and the image on the wall is of a sort of maze with D'ni numerals rather than the current layout of the second fortress. Ninth is the aforementioned MUDPIE era Great Tree Pub. And finally, tenth shows The Cleft with Zandi's "Zandoni" much much closer to the starting point and the wndmill visible way in the background.

So yes, every single one of those images is impossible in the current build of Complete Chronicles.

Fear is the mind-killer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:14 pm 
Obduction Backer

I guess those can be added to Chiso if not already

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:46 pm 
Obduction Backer

Seeing that Noloben linking book reminds me of:
Cyan, why did you have to change from these cool looking books to the Uru ones? :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:47 am 

dragossh wrote:
Cyan, why did you have to change from these cool looking books to the Uru ones? :D

To be fair, all the "linking books" we have access to are just that. Copies made to link to the Age in question. Descriptive books would be too dangerous for the DRC to release so it's possible the Noloben book is the descriptive book and not a linking book to it. Riven's descriptive book can be seen in Myst III and it is in the larger-panel style.

Fear is the mind-killer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:05 am 
Obduction Backer

Loshem wrote:
dragossh wrote:

To be fair, all the "linking books" we have access to are just that. Copies made to link to the Age in question. Descriptive books would be too dangerous for the DRC to release so it's possible the Noloben book is the descriptive book and not a linking book to it. Riven's descriptive book can be seen in Myst III and it is in the larger-panel style.

Which is odd considering the linking books (nexus, myst) are supposed to be thinner than descroptive (noloben, riven)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:22 pm 

An in-game picture (to tease all you people with :lol: )
This is what might be behind the blue button in the Watchers pub (but you probably figured that out already)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:49 am 
Obduction Backer

pokemon71096 wrote:
I guess those can be added to Chiso if not already

I believe I've added all of those to Chiso, but I can triple check =)

Sorry for the slow response - I've been sick in bed for most of this week!

EDIT: As a side note: the 'hood shown in the steam screenshots is impossible in MO:ULagain, as well. (even without the avatars being /really/ old)

Look at the design underneath the fountain. Its different. (It is the Tree Motif, as i call it, the one seen around Ae'gura in several places, instead of the Nexus Motif that is currently in the 'hoods. =) )

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2