It is currently Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:24 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:28 pm 

In Eder Gira, I know that I'm to pedal the lids on the fumaroles, and I do so to the five not under the first JC. I assume that there are only five others because when I step on the sixth and final (?) lid, it blows. The problem is that my character only goes about a foot or so in the air, and then walks around for a second and then jumps on the ground near the fumarole.

Now, my questions are: Am I missing something or doing something wrong? And, if not: Is this a bug?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:34 pm 

Chokapi wrote:
In Eder Gira, I know that I'm to pedal the lids on the fumaroles, and I do so to the five not under the first JC. I assume that there are only five others because when I step on the sixth and final (?) lid, it blows. The problem is that my character only goes about a foot or so in the air, and then walks around for a second and then jumps on the ground near the fumarole.

Now, my questions are: Am I missing something or doing something wrong? And, if not: Is this a bug?

[spoiler=If you really want it spoiled for you]Don't cover the one under the journey cloth, just stand on the open vent.[/spoiler]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:17 pm 

I peeked :cry:

[spoiler]It seems a little counter-intuitive to step on something that allows super-heated steam to blow up your pant legs and cook your junk. It did, however, also gave me the clue to get out...[/spoiler]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:47 am 

Chokapi wrote:
I peeked :cry:

[spoiler]It seems a little counter-intuitive to step on something that allows super-heated steam to blow up your pant legs and cook your junk. It did, however, also gave me the clue to get out...[/spoiler]

Yes, the solution is more than strange, especially if you're playing in character. I myself discovered it somewhat by accident...

"All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth." - Nietzsche

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:03 pm 
Obduction Backer

Yes, Eder Gira... for as clever as the puzzles are, they're also patently ridiculous from beginning to end. Between the idea of a human person catching 15 feet of air on a blast of volcanic steam (or even ordinary non-superheated air, for that matter) without being cooked, and the idea that cave explorers went cave exploring without any source of portable light...

Again, clever puzzles, but so silly they make me sad that they're there. Pretty waterfall, though.

VidRoth -- KI#50637

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:09 pm 

Well the age that we see as Eder Gira was actually just a test age that they were working on to test the day/night cycle. After a while they merged the idea of what is now known as Tahgira (MYST V) and Eder Gira into one. I think this is why the puzzles were somewhat simpler or seemed ridiculous is, because they were wedged into this test age. I still love the age none the less and exploring it has been fun, especially with some other people. The day night cycle throws in some great views that is for sure.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]