It is currently Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:24 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Door Runners Bevin
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:16 pm 

I set up the Door Runners Bevin to help organise door runs.

The imager displays the following 5 messages :
***EDIT*** It currently only displays the brief guide to what happens on a door run.
This is because new players mentioned that they could not read it all before it moved on to the other screens.

[spoiler=Welcome to the Door Runners Bevin]Please use this Bevin as a meeting place when you are looking to do a door run or two.

On this imager you will find information on who you can ask to help with a door run and which Bevin has Which Garden age.

There is also a brief run down for new players who have never done a door run before.

There is a regular door run every Saturday and Sunday.
Meet in Tokoath Alley 11:00 KI time.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=If you have never done a door run before]Ideally 7 people each take a cloth and one person calls the door numbers. Those at a cloth have which number they are established by the caller. The caller then presses the door, which rotates and shows a sequence of numbers.

The caller calls out the numbers one at a time in the correct sequence. When your number is called, press your cloth it should light up.

When all 7 cloths have been pressed in the right order the door should open. Those who need to run through the door should run until they are linked to a Bahro cave.

Don't forget to touch the symbol on the wall[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Who you can ask]You may ask the following people to help with a door run provided they are online and not busy.

Alien KI# 10555852
Janeerah KI# 00583530
Bret Agne KI# 08751089

If you would like to have your name added here, please contact Alien[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Eder Delin Bevins]The following Bevins have Eder Delin in their book room :
Door Runner's Bevin
De Nederlandse Buurt's Bevin
Fountain Girl's Bevin
Britany's Bevin[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Eder Tsogal Bevins]The following Bevins have Eder Tsogal in their book room :
Guild Of Greeters Bevin
Mystpedia's Bevin
Bret Agne's Bevin[/spoiler]

For some reason the Door Runners Bevin is not appearing on the Nexus list of public Bevins. If you would like to be sent an invite to this bevin allowing you to access it whether or not it is on the Nexus, please post your KI number here, or PM me (Alien) and I'll get an invite sent out to you.

I would also like any help gathering information that can be displayed & used to help organise door runs, please post here with any help or suggestions you may have.

Last edited by Alien on Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:10 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

One thing to keep in mind is that new players may have figured out that they need help to complete these doors, but still want to "discover" the solution for themselves. Someone linking in and shouting out instructions to everyone could be a massive spoiler, so take a little time to find out the experience level of your group and how much "help" is required. Be prepared, on occasion, to wait patiently while the "noob" experiments or to follow their instruction to "try pressing that cloth over there" while they figure it out.

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:13 am 

Hi,

You might be interested in helping with this:
Eder Tsogal/Delin Marathon

Egon #2052375 Guild of Writers
Who You gonna call? Guild of Doorcallers! #5356672
Eder Tsogal/Delin Marathon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:49 pm 
Obduction Backer

AleinND,
I read where you said your hood did not show up on nexus. Did you know that all you have to do is change it to private and then change it back to public and it will show up on nexus list.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:32 pm 

I did not realise that would do it. I thought it had something to do with people visiting it or pellet points uploaded to it.

I'll try making it private and public again like you suggest.
EDIT - What do you know? It worked. Thank you for that tip.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:04 pm 

Mac_Fife wrote:
One thing to keep in mind is that new players may have figured out that they need help to complete these doors, but still want to "discover" the solution for themselves. Someone linking in and shouting out instructions to everyone could be a massive spoiler, so take a little time to find out the experience level of your group and how much "help" is required.

I'm afraid this is exactly what happened last Saturday.
The run started before the time announced in the calendar and people were in such a rush to complete as many runs as possible (by KI 15:15 they had already completed 2), without caring about us participant noobs that really wanted to know wth was going on with this puzzle. Just shouting orders and [spoiler]rollcalls[/spoiler]. I told them that but Alien, as I discovered later (I don't know about the rest of them, I'm not even sure I remember their names because they left) couldn't see my messages because I didn't have autoshout enabled. Nobody warned us of course that autoshout was necessary. I complained to janeerah but there was so little he could do since he was already engaged as a translator for the french players, none of them being able to communicate in english. In the end Delin door was jammed so we moved to Tsogal and completed it in the same rush.
I was so angry my experience wass ruined but I was afraid of being unfair so I followed to Minkata that was scheduled for later. Pretty much the same thing happened over there. We didn't move as a group, everyone followed different directions and then a couple of people found something, started shouting about it and messing with it. By the time Narameh complained she was spoiled it was too late.
Alien said something came up that day so maybe this isn't how they will normally do things and anyway I'm sure people meant well but it just didn't work out.

Of course I wouldn't mind that much if I hadn't known that it can be done otherwise. But exactly because of that I've been trustful to this event's organizers, I've been helped by the GoG and my greek neighbor Dimitrios before and all of them had a very strict spoiler policy, so strict they didn't even give a proper hint (lol) so I thought this would've been the case too. My bad I guess. =_=

Anyway I have no intention to offend anyone, I was just thinking that my experience might help any other noobs reading this to think twice and wise before they choose with whom to play the game and present the organizers another side of the events that they might want to consider. ^__^/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:20 pm 

I will take your feedback on board, so that I may help other new players better in future.

I am sorry that I was part of the reason that your experience was not as enjoyable as it should have been, I can not turn back time and do it again, but believe me, I'd like to re-do that whole day over.

Alien

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:38 pm 

I don't know what makes you feel that way but it looks serious... Maybe next time something unexpected comes up you can postpone the event, I'm sure people will understand. If you of all people can't be the one enjoying it, it's really not worth it. ^__^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:15 pm 

I wish to make a complaint ...

I was just with some people doing a door run in the Guild of Greeters' Eder Tsogal ...
I'll not mention any names, but they know who they are ...
and there were two cloths empty, a crowd around the door, the caller asking for a roll call ...
and me trying to tell deaf ears that there were cloths empty.

I started getting angry, so I left.

I'd like to say, that if you are going to go to a door run because you need the door ... the least you could do is be willing to press a cloth.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:28 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

But also keep in mind that some people will have a rough idea how it all works, but have never taken an active part in a door run before and are scared of messing it up for everyone else. That could make them reluctant to volunteer.

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:21 pm 

I said my piece and let off some steam ... so I'm happy to let it go.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:12 am 

Yes they answered me from the other side of the garden.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:33 am 

Or other people told them they should be quick because the door won't stay open for long and they were too afraid to move away from it.

I wasn't there, but I still think you're not doing it right.
And this is how I imagine "right".

[spoiler]We need to give more space to the newbies. Plan for let's say a 3 hour event. Leave them explore by themselves for some time, and interfere only when we see time is running out and they're not making progress. Like, "hey look at what happened to the door when you touched the cloth!". And discuss, what do they think we can do, why they say that, why they're here, anything that would make them think and give them the satisfaction of accomplishment.

There's nothing more confusing and stressful for a new explorer than an "veteran" giving strick orders and demanding the others to follow quickly making no mistake. And organizing a door run certainly doesn't mean that, in my book at least. ^__^[/spoiler]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next