It is currently Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:18 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:08 am 
Obduction Backer

cpt-jericho wrote:
I'm sorry to have to inform you that the Door Runner's Bevin will be closed. All announced runs are called off and we will not continue do the runs. We, the Door Runners, cannot guarantee for your safety in our Bevin anymore. We don't want anyone come to harm because he participated on a run we organised.

We apologise for any inconvenience newbies and veterans might suffer due to this situation. We wish you the best of luck to find enough people to do the runs in Eder Delin and Tsogal.

Finally I want to thank all the volunteers who helped in countless runs - we couldn't have done without you!

This seems a little... um... abrupt and extreme. :(

If you're simply not wanting to do more door runs, that's fine, and it's your right to stop at any time.

If you're literally feeling unsafe, though, there are other steps to take besides shutting down completely. If you're being harassed by someone or there are security breach concerns, you should talk to Cyan (if it's happening in Cavern) or a moderator (if it's happening on the forums) and get it sorted out.

I hope you won't just quit, unless you're not wanting to do it any longer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:21 am 

Fully agree with Anna Catherine. There must be a way to solve this... It's a shame to quit an activity you love just because of some idiot that ruined your fun or some kind of misunderstanding anyway.

*methinks though we should have some extra massive healing sessions, too much stress in the Cavern lately. ~_~

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:53 am 

Quitting? No.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:45 am 

I know exactly which incident Cpt Jericho is sort-of-referencing here. An attempt was made to explain and apologize, and if he and his friends have chosen not to accept it, that's their decision. It's unfortunate they've decided to be vindictive, and to hurt other players over this, but that's what happens when people try to treat a game as seriously as (or more seriously than) real life.

When I was your age, we rocket-jumped up hill both ways in boiling lava.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:10 am 

PaladinOfKaos wrote:
It's unfortunate they've decided to be vindictive, and to hurt other players over this,

I think that is what is called a false accusation. In legal terms it's slander as it's defamation of character and libel because it's written.

Mods please lock this thread now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:47 am 
Obduction Backer

Ugh!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3