It is currently Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:35 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Facade Off Canyon Mall
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:05 am 
Obduction Backer

okay, i have no accompanying image to illustrate this (at least not yet) so i'll do my best to describe...

I've often wondered what the strange facade is just off the far end of the canyon mall opposite the steps to Tokotah courtyard. this facade is on the rock face just around the arm of rock at the base of the steps leading up to the concert hall foyer. the facade is unreachable by normal means (there is a bridge jump glitch to it though) and it has a blue lit balcony with two entryways leading into the rock.

My theories are it's either part of the Concert Hall, or perhaps even the exterrior of the Watcher's Pub.

I'm wondering if anyone has any indication of what might lie beyond that facade.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:19 am 
Obduction Backer

Are you referring to here?

Closer view

On the deck

Yes?

Moul(A)II Charura KI#296707 Char Gearz KI#600002 Teri Dactyl KI#600568 Chickopee KI#601018 Cannon Belle KI#601422

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:28 am 

It is part of the Concert Hall

I call it the Opera Balcony. In between the two parts there is really nothing but void but the whole void would have been the Concert room itself. This balcony is only reachable in MOULa, in all the other versions of URU the balcony is void. This balcony was part of additional floors made by CYAN on the online version for their storyline purposes.

This one is a nice one and it isn't so hard to reach even for a beginner.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:37 am 
Obduction Backer

Main_Avvie wrote:
I'm wondering if anyone has any indication of what might lie beyond that facade.

Like much of the scenery in MOULa the answer is nothing. Just a black drop through the city and a panic Relto link. Some folks call it the Opera Balcony but it would be far below and forward of the Concert Hall. The Watcher's Pub is high above the City (below Great Zero though) to the west of the Guild Hall based on KI coordinates.

It is solid and you can walk around it and stand on top of its supporting beams along the edges. My guess is that is was going to be a place for some DRC members (or Bahro) to show up if CYAN's game plans had been realized.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:37 am 

IIRC, the watcher's pub is on the "back" of Ae'gura, that we can't currently get to. (which I believe, if we were to be able to get there by foot, would be down the blocked-off dark hallway near the museum and Takotah)

When I was your age, we rocket-jumped up hill both ways in boiling lava.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:39 am 

Will try to get perfect pic for you...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:04 am 

PaladinOfKaos wrote:
IIRC, the watcher's pub is on the "back" of Ae'gura, that we can't currently get to. (which I believe, if we were to be able to get there by foot, would be down the blocked-off dark hallway near the museum and Takotah)

Actually it's more likely we'll get there by way of the broken bridge visible above the Hall of Kings. The infamous Ae'gura model seems to indicate that the path behind that large curtain goes deeper into the mountain, not necessarily up it.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Whatever that balcony is it was definitely going to play an important role as it's one of the areas in red.

Fear is the mind-killer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:10 am 

Loshem wrote:
PaladinOfKaos wrote:

Actually it's more likely we'll get there by way of the broken bridge visible above the Hall of Kings. The infamous Ae'gura model seems to indicate that the path behind that large curtain goes deeper into the mountain, not necessarily up it.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Whatever that balcony is it was definitely going to play an important role as it's one of the areas in red.

Well, I was simplifying. The hallway should lead to the large courtyard at the base of the Guild Hall, which would include such features as the old Temple. Once you're at the base of the Guild Hall, though, you're at the hub of Ae'Gura. From there you could go anywhere.

How Cyan would choose to get us there is another matter entirely, of course.

When I was your age, we rocket-jumped up hill both ways in boiling lava.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:33 am 
Obduction Backer

wow, numerous quick responses...

yes, those images depict what it is i'm speaking of. thank you for providing them.

seems as though it's unanimous that it's not the watcher's pub. where ever the pub is it's prob not visible externally on ae'gura anywhere we can see. the only hunch i was going off of is that it's noted that the watcher's pub has no phsycial exits as well as something i read on another forum (cannot remember which) that i thought the facade was mentioned as being the watcher's pub (i didn't read the thread in any great detail though, so i may have misread) that and the fact that we only know of it's interrior, not it's exterrior (though we know what district it's in) the "Opera Balcony" is a good name for it. still, there is no indication of the balcony from within the watcher's pub. so i suppose that's a poor assumption anyway.

indications that it may have once had some manner of importance is captivating to be sure. prob a bahro pertch, but perhaps even more?

also, my wording was a tad unclear as to what i meant by "what is beyond there" yes, technically nothing (i have explored normally unseen areas of ae'gura extensively using that which shall not be named) but i was speaking more along the lines of "what in terms of the fictional context of d'ni is beyond there" i must say there are other unfinished areas of ae'gura that are quite aggrivatingly tantalizing :wink: i've never seen anything using such afore mentioned methods that may indicate the location of the watcher's pub on ae'gura (most of the upper reaches of the island are still unfinished though it's not apparent from ground level)

i was under the impression that the area behind the curtain is the Guild Hall complex. people theorize that the guild pubs are located somewhere beyond there. i've also heard many theories as to where it could be that may have one day provided access to the upper areas of ae'gura.

these thoughts are of much interest to me. i've spent much time theorizing, i'm quite interested in what other's thoughts on the matter are.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:51 am 

The Guild Hall is high above the curtained area and it is visible from the ground (though for now it's just a 2-D stand-in texture.) In theory the texture will be replaced by a fully detailed model as you get closer to it the same way the Library and Tokotah do.
As for the Watcher's pub having no physical exits that seems to be true, but behind one of the drawn curtains in the pub is a staircase leading down away from the pub. Who knows where it would have lead.

Fear is the mind-killer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:59 am 
Obduction Backer

/me loads up flymode enabled CC presently

a stair case you say... awesome!! gotta check that one out! :shock:

well, what we have on "there are no physical exists" anywhere in the watcher's pub is simply the DRCs word on it. they've obviously explored areas we haven't so i assume that includes the areas behind the curtains.

come to think of it, the report mentions a stairway needing structual support work. perhaps he wasn't speaking of the stair case to the upper area of the pub?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:41 am 
Obduction Backer

indicator or theorizer....lol..I like this post

Myst_Avvie wrote:
indications that it may have once had some manner of importance is captivating to be sure. prob a bahro pertch, but perhaps even more?

also, my wording was a tad unclear as to what i meant by "what is beyond there" yes, technically nothing (i have explored normally unseen areas of ae'gura extensively using that which shall not be named) but i was speaking more along the lines of "what in terms of the fictional context of d'ni is beyond there" i must say there are other unfinished areas of ae'gura that are quite aggrivatingly tantalizing i've never seen anything using such afore mentioned methods that may indicate the location of the watcher's pub on ae'gura (most of the upper reaches of the island are still unfinished though it's not apparent from ground level)

i was under the impression that the area behind the curtain is the Guild Hall complex. people theorize that the guild pubs are located somewhere beyond there. i've also heard many theories as to where it could be that may have one day provided access to the upper areas of ae'gura.

these thoughts are of much interest to me. i've spent much time theorizing, i'm quite interested in what other's thoughts on the matter are.

Theorizer...is that a proper word?

There is a Theo Avvie out there...come on...I 'see' you

Moul(A)II Charura KI#296707 Char Gearz KI#600002 Teri Dactyl KI#600568 Chickopee KI#601018 Cannon Belle KI#601422

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:34 pm 
Obduction Backer

i checked out that stairway you mentioned. less like a staircase and more like a few steps leading to a blank void. granted, it's beyond a curtain that doesn't have the seating nook like all the others and a few more steps leading down than the other nooks have so it is quite possible it may have actually been intended to be a staircase leading somewhere once upon a time.

on a side note, can anyone provide any concept work of the Ae'gura Concert Hall? provided any know concept art exists of course...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:37 pm 

Main_Avvie wrote:
come to think of it, the report mentions a stairway needing structual support work. perhaps he wasn't speaking of the stair case to the upper area of the pub?
Remember, there's an inner stairway leading from the huge ball room to the Great Tree (accessible only in URU:CC :(). You can see inside this room in MOULa if you stand on the books with your shoulder against the wall and swivel around in 3rd person. And if you climb the Watchers Pub exploit in MOULa (the elevator above the corner of the railings), you can see the inner stairway winding downward.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:41 pm 
Obduction Backer

hm.. calling that a stairway is a stretch. it's a ladder leading to a ledge over a slide with a hole that enters into a tunnle that leads back around through a doorway (the clockface) then a telescoping bridge leading to a stairway to a rope bridge.

okay so there is a stairway there... but would the DRC even have explored back there? they would have had to figure out kadish's puzzle first.

besides, the report (who made the report again?) seems to have been a "first glance" at the interrior of the building, and iirc the staircase was mentioned pretty early on in the text. so whatever staircase it was would have been in immediate view at the time (the report was transcribed from voice recording iirc) so it's either the stairs to the upper floor or this alledged stairway behind the curtain (assuming the curtain wasn't closed at the time or the DRC possess super curtain removal powers)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next