It is currently Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:13 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:21 am 
Obduction Backer

After some rigerous exploring I found I still have one area I've not found that's still got three (???) question marks in it's place on my KI. I believe it may be the pyramid top in Kadish and most walkthroughs say the link's on a bharo tablet near the edge of the Kadish Gallery. I've looked and looked and looked and still can't find it. Could anyone lend some advice? Thanks in advance. (I can tell you the space on my KI is between two of the pod ages if that helps)

TOC#60089 DI#132103 MOULa is Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:28 am 
Obduction Backer

Isn't the bahro stone for the Kadish pyramid behind the library? It comes and goes, so it is not always there. When it is not there the stone it rests on will still be present.

I thought that one area was always represented by question marks, but I'm on dial-up presently and it takes 34 minutes to get to the cavern from home, so I'm not checking it right now!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:44 am 
Obduction Backer

try checking behind the journey doors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:04 am 

OK, the tablet you need is behind the library. Go up the steps and jump over any gaps. You will find it in the middle on the back wall.

As far as I know all the tablets stay where they are, none of them "come and go", however some are only in your private instance of the city, not the public one. To get to your private instance of the city, go to the bookroom in your neighborhood, and opposite the nexus book is a Bahro stone, click on that and you will be in your own instance of the city, thereafter it will be in a brown book on your Relto shelf next to your Nexus book.

The age with ???? as it's name is, I believe, the Bahro caves you keep visiting, but I could be wrong about that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:13 am 
Obduction Backer

the stones do come and go from the city instances. if it's not in the public instance, it might be in the hood instance, or vice versa. both stones may be in a given instance of the city at the same time, or only one of them at a time, or neither. the two stones i referr to is the library stone to the top of the kadish pyramid and the stone to teledahn in the tunnle by the docks.

there is another stone that is always to be found at the end of tokotah ally in the hood instance.

and all the stones can be found in their same locations every time in either the public or hood instances, provided they are there.

and yes, the area labeled ??? referrs to the bahro caves.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:23 am 

well, I have never noticed them not being there.

If they were there in the public instance, I've always seen them there. If they were there in the private instance, I've always seen them there. Some I've seen in both private and public instances. I have yet to see any stone not be there when I would expect it to be.

I'm not saying you are wrong, you could be right, just that I have never noticed it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:25 am 
Obduction Backer

happenstance... every time you've seen them they've just happened to be there

afaik, the stones come or go every time a bahro call is heard (this may also make the bevin relto page come and go from the bevins as well) from what i've heard, what causes the bahro call is a random timer that is reset every time someone links into ae'gura. when the timer times out the bahro's swipe the stones. the reason why i've noticed the calls are heard more often when the city is crowded is because more people linking in means the timer is more likely to be reset to a shorter time before the stones are swiped.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:33 am 

Well, I have to say, you have got my curiosity going now. Next time I'm in the city (public) I will check all the stones I know of, whether they were public or private, then when I hear a Bahro call, I'll check them all again.

I'll let you know what I find out.

Edit :
I just checked the public City for the stones at Ferry Terminal, Tokotah Alley and the Library.
I expected the Tokotah Alley one to not be there, but the other two to be there, NONE were there.

Now the question (with me at least) is do they appear when a Bahro calls out?

I will let you know (this may take some time).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:36 am 
Obduction Backer

I believe the cave with ??? is, specifically, the cave where you drop the pellet into the pool of water below.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:19 pm 
Obduction Backer

I think you guys are right about the ??? After I think about it. As for the library, do you mean the place where the pod age books are? If so I'll have to check in the cavern later today. And where the other stones are concerned, I've never had an issue finding them. The only time one was missing was when the one by the alley was gone but it reapeared an hour or so later.

TOC#60089 DI#132103 MOULa is Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:59 pm 
Obduction Backer

No, the library holds the Minkata and Jalek books.

The pod age books are in the museum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:29 pm 
Obduction Backer

Wafna wrote:
No, the library holds the Minkata and Jalek books.

The pod age books are in the museum.

true...

also, watching the stones isn't gonna help. somehow, they don't come and go if an explorer is in proximity to them.

@Alien, the Tokotah ally stone is the only exception. apparently it used to work this way or similar but no more. it is *always* to be found in the same place in the hood instance, never in the public instance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:13 pm 
Obduction Backer

I have actually been standing near the Library stone when it disappeared. As far as I can tell, it is not activated or deactivated when a Bahro calls; it just comes and goes when it comes and goes. I was sort of disappointed. I wanted a Bahro to bring it and take it away.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:41 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
IIRC, the reason for the bahro stones appearing and disappearing is meant to indicate that the DRC is removing them when they find them and then the bahro are replacing them. So, yeah, it would be disappointing, not to mention flat out OOC to see one appear or disappear without an IC character around making it happen. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:25 pm 
Obduction Backer

quite right... though inconsistencies abound in MO. it would be better that way though. and that makes sense, given the amount of importance the DRC makes of removing any contraband. even sharper's journal remarks on the odd behavior of his stone showing up and disappearing despite his best efforts to keep track of it.

what i heard of the bahro screams tied to the movement of the stones lies in another thread in which i partook in a similar discussion (by now this thread is far off course) someone with seemingly more knowledge than i had presented the correlation and the mechanics of the timer. since i've known that, however, i've tried to, but i've been unable to prove or disprove it. the only thing i think i've observed is that the bahro seem to scream more when the city is crowded.

perhaps it's that the bahro only scream when they put the stones back? i dunno, but the stones do come and go. under what conditions is beyond me however if it doesn't have anything to do with the bahro calls.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next