It is currently Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:58 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:43 pm 
Obduction Backer

Thanks guys, I found the bharo stone and linked to the pyramid. It wasn't all that thrilling. What purpose did it ever have? Did it have a marker at one point because if it did I don't remember it. Anyway I can confirm the ??? is the star fissure instance of the bharo cave.

TOC#60089 DI#132103 MOULa is Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:11 am 
Obduction Backer

There are several 'dead end' Bahro stones that at one time may have been a brainchiuld of someone opening something new to see..The one I'm thinking of the is the Tree Stump Stone in Sharper's Office that leads back to Teledahn.

While we are on the topic of Bahro Stones....Every stone I have encountered (and touched) leaves a page in my 'Big Brown Book' on my Relto Shelf...Or in an Age book 'aka the one we are speaking of in Kadish'.

There is one however, that does not. The one by the pellet machine in Er'cana..Reasons?

Moul(A)II Charura KI#296707 Char Gearz KI#600002 Teri Dactyl KI#600568 Chickopee KI#601018 Cannon Belle KI#601422

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:14 am 

The only neat thing I know to do atop the pyramid is to see the giant sphere roll back when someone else turns the lights on underneath. Now the Bahro stone leading to the random stump in Teledahn: what the heck purpose did THAT serve?? :P

While we're on the subject of Bahro screams, I've noticed that sometimes they will scream shortly after someone says "bahro" in chat. I know correlation does not imply causation, but it's happened a few too many times for me to think it's coincidence. Could there be some truth to this? And yes, I've tried "testing" this for myself - no screams. It's like it only happens during natural conversation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:15 am 
Obduction Backer

purpose? it's a nice view. and perhaps something more was intended for it someday.

what is fun is playing around with a friend up there. it's hard to notice what the large sphere up top is for. if you take a friend there and play with the controls in the pyramid you can see what happens up top from outside, even from the roof.

my thoughts, like the teledahn stone, perhaps a relto page was meant to be found atop the kadish pyramid once upon a time. that stone isn't to be found in CC though. the teledahn stone is.

edit: @kaveman ya know, i think i've noticed that too! far too convienent to be happenstance. i wonder if the game can recognize when the word "bahro" is spoken. yes! i've heard screams after that word is uttered in chat as well! it always seem to occur durring the course of natural conversation, so i beleive the game is somehow tailored to make it appear that way. parlor tricks. makes me wonder about the inginuity of our wizards at cyan!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:31 am 
Obduction Backer

Main_Avvie wrote:
purpose? it's a nice view. and perhaps something more was intended for it someday.

what is fun is playing around with a friend up there. it's hard to notice what the large sphere up top is for. if you take a friend there and play with the controls in the pyramid you can see what happens up top from outside, even from the roof.

my thoughts, like the teledahn stone, perhaps a relto page was meant to be found atop the kadish pyramid once upon a time. that stone isn't to be found in CC though. the teledahn stone is.

edit: @kaveman ya know, i think i've noticed that too! far too convienent to be happenstance. i wonder if the game can recognize when the word "bahro" is spoken. yes! i've heard screams after that word is uttered in chat as well! it always seem to occur durring the course of natural conversation, so i beleive the game is somehow tailored to make it appear that way. parlor tricks. makes me wonder about the inginuity of our wizards at cyan!

It's possible. In cavern the other day we were talking about the Greyhats and Bahro came up and then about 2-5 minutes later we heard a scream.

P.S. Kaveman - I reset the board in the hood to clear out some old messages on there. You'll have to put up your post again about how naughty Eddie has been. :D

TOC#60089 DI#132103 MOULa is Image

Last edited by Trekluver on Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:08 am 

Thanks Trek, those messages were all pretty outdated. And Eddie has since learned his lesson. :wink: :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:49 am 

The Kadish bahro stone is certainly a curiosity. The Teledahn one is near some sort of metal structure that's sticking out of the water. Nearby there's also a DRC barrier. We know from the project listing and from the maps of Teledahn that there were/are intentions to open up more of Teledahn. I subscribe to the theory that anywhere there's a barrier is a place that was intended to be "restored". Perhaps the rest of the walkway is broken off in the water and one day it will be repaired.

The jammed lever at the power station also appears to power a device in the same area.

Fear is the mind-killer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:14 am 

If the owner of a Kadish instance were to invite people on top of his Kadish pyramid, that owner could activate/deactive the floor lighting inside the bottom part of the pyramid and the visitors would be able to see the turning of the ball and be able to see the "eye of the ball" if they are standing on the proper side of the ball.

Image spoiler...
[spoiler]
http://img585.imageshack.us/f/kadisheyeoftheball.jpg/
[/spoiler]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:28 am 

IF I ever get around to organising a Kadish exploration (why am I the one organising them?),
It will certainly be a feature.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2