It is currently Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:25 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:39 pm 

1) If I am placing markers for a quest game and I go to another age and place markers there, when I go back to check them (possibly to remove them) they are not there. Why is this and what have I done wrong?

2) How do I create other types of marker games and if quest is the only type available ... why? and will the other types ever be available again?

I ask these questions here because trying to find out about what you can and cannot do when creating a marker game, is proving to be very difficult.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:15 pm 

Alien wrote:
1) If I am placing markers for a quest game and I go to another age and place markers there, when I go back to check them (possibly to remove them) they are not there. Why is this and what have I done wrong?

Im not sure what you are doing wrong unless you turned of the game to test and did not turn it back on. Try putting the game in in play mode.

Alien wrote:
2) How do I create other types of marker games and if quest is the only type available ... why? and will the other types ever be available again?

There is no way to creat the other kinds of marker games. BUT sence open sorce has arrived fans might be able to make those games available but that wont happen immediately. Im still not sure why they were not available to begin with.

Alien wrote:
I ask these questions here because trying to find out about what you can and cannot do when creating a marker game, is proving to be very difficult.

Gives you something to do, just think of it as a puzzle :D

James 1:19
"... Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry,"

Last edited by Squirtdude on Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:42 pm 

Alien wrote:

Thank you to Face in a puddle man and everyone who said to me "Play mode".
If the markers you place in Edit Mode don't show up in edit mode when you go back, just switch to play mode and they'll show up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:41 pm 

what I have found if you make a marker game and don't go out of edit mode when you leave that area (age) the markers do not place . So my advice is place markers in an area then close game (done editing ) then open game to make sure the markers show

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:15 am 

Sometimes the quest is buggy and some markers don't show up in Edit mode. (Or perhaps that occurs every time you place a marker in another age. Hmmmmmm.) When this occurs, I have to edit each invisible marker to add a unique name and then walk through each marker while in Play mode to know which marker to remove. It's a pain. :(

Post subject: re:Susa'n's observation
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:54 pm 

Yes, I have having the same problem. I have to change to play mode, as my markers do not show up in edit mode, once I come out of edit and go back in. I have to ping the marker to find out which one it is,then go back and make changes.

This is a new problem for me. I have noticed it for about a month to a month and a half.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:39 am 

if somebody has your game running while you do the edit,the markers wont save! dunno if this is your problem though :?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]