It is currently Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:57 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 4:33 pm 

Hello everyone

A double jump is a very useful technique used to quickly cross invisible walls or reach the top of a pillar or stone for which you would not be able to go otherwise.

This video shows you various places where this technique can be used.
Practice it, master it and enjoy !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dq9ZblhKuKQ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 9:59 pm 

Neat video. Good collection of them.

Thanks!

Nalates - GoC - 418 - MOULa I: Nal KI#00 083 543, MOULa II: KI#00 583 875Nalates 111451 - Second Life: Nalates Urriah
Guild of Cartographers Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 7:21 pm 

I never thought about that combination of jumps!
is it also possible to do FIRST the runjump an THEN the walkjump?

and always remember: D'ni has fallen, but we will not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 2:57 pm 

No, it`s not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 8:50 pm 

Nice video Mouski.

(see edited paragraph) I don't understand why you landed almost on the same spot for your run-jump and your double-jump. I made the "markers" tests a few times already and I always end up with 4 markers apart from each other:

1- the initial marker
2- the walk-jump marker - approx. 4 feet from the # 1
3- the run-jump marker - approx. 5 feet from the # 1
4- the double jump marker - approx. 6 feet from the # 1

And this is the reason why you can go to unreachable places with this jump: it is the gap between the run-jump and the double-jump that enables that.

Some clarifications if you run a new fast pc: I recreated the same process as Mouski did in exact same conditions as him with my new pc and yes the run-jump and the double jump end in the same exact position, this means that in many cases even the double jump won't be of any help unfortunately :cry: :cry: :cry: . But with an older pc the locations that you will be able to reach are beyond imaginations though. :D

Always think about the game creators' point of view: since they made the walk-jump and the run-jump as 2 default jumps in their game they putted collision walls in 95% of the cases high enough to block us from getting over them or inside them.

So double jumps are the essential jumps to master if you want to reach, like I do or others do, "unreachable" locations within the game MOULa. It requires the physX engine to do them. On URU CC with the Havok engine, forget it.

If you ask me what is the 5% left if they blocked 95% of the fun, they made mistakes like the tokotah tent and the suspended bridge which are not permanent objects like almost every objects in the game but are removable objects. Being removable they didnt safety proof them allowing us to "easily" climb those with walk-jump and run-jump. There are few others oddities in the game which amount to the 5% but not much.

And the double jumps are easier to master than the combos. With both though you are in business :D.

Edited a 1st time to correct a mistake in my text

Edited a 2nd time to make a little correction about having 4 markers separated apart

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 10:10 pm 

I still have no idea what keys or buttons to hit to duplicate these jumps. For some reason my keyboard will only detect two keys pressed at the same time so I can't switch from walking to running and still jump. There's more to this technique than is obvious to those who know how to do it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 1:22 pm 

Cool video! :D
I didn't think before to use markers to practice in jumping so that helped me a lot (to finding out I can't actually do it :( ).

I'm grabbing the chance to ask a few questions I've always wanted to ask though, since the expert is here (yup, I'm talking about you, Annabelle :D). I fear this could get the discussion way out of topic so I'm putting it under a spoiler tag.

[spoiler]
Annabelle wrote:
Some clarifications if you run a new fast pc: I recreated the same process as Mouski did in exact same conditions as him with my new pc and yes the run-jump and the double jump end in the same exact position, this means that in many cases even the double jump won't be of any help unfortunately :cry: :cry: :cry: . But with an older pc the locations that you will be able to reach are beyond imaginations though. :D

So, it's not a keyboard but a CPU thing, right?
What do we mean by "fast pc"? Because mine is almost 4 years old and it looks like I can't double/combojump. Do I need like, my old pentium from 1997 back?
And what about zipping? Aren't "old" computers supposed to be unable to do that???

Annabelle wrote:
And the double jumps are easier to master than the combos. With both though you are in business :D.

What is the difference between the two??

Any help in clarifying the above questions would be greatly appreciated. :D [/spoiler]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 2:01 am 

This is Mouski's topic so I won't "invade" his topic furthermore...

I will come up with a solution to explain to Adi and in extend to every explorer willing to learn special techniques.

Stay Tuned...Problem is that I would need 48 hours a day 14 days a week to do everything I want to do for the URU community and I don't :lol: :wink:

When my topic will be ready I will start it with your post here Adi. I will copy it to my topic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 11:50 am 

Yay, I will be looking forward to that. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 6:23 am 

MrMouski, I enjoy all of your videos. :)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]