It is currently Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:01 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
 Post subject: Correct me if I am wrong
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:21 pm 

I wasn't here during the prior incarnations of moul.

But from what I understand, the current MOULA is different in many ways from the Game Tap MOUL.

Is there somewhere I can determine what those differences are?

Particularly, was the Path of the Shell included in the Game Tap version?...

Do both versions use the same engine?, especially when considering glitch jumping, and the wide variety of marker games now available. I get the feeling that the graphics engine was different and there are things we can do now that previous version s could not offer..... It might be that I am mistaken here and that there is a new version of the graphics engine that will soon (?) replace the current engine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:34 pm 
Obduction Backer

I think they were pretty much identical until some of the recent updates came about (eg Fun House, Neighborhood fixing, etc)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:20 pm 
Obduction Backer

no, the Plasma engine has always been the same across all iterations of URU and single player, perhaps only with minor tweaks between multiplayer installments. and of course there's no new graphics engine pending. Cyan hasn't the resources to even maintain URU fully or even extensively, let alone build an enhanced graphics engine. i'm sure if something like that were in the works word would be out on it. but i doubt it's something Cyan is capable of pursuing at the moment.

there is no difference between MOULa and URU Gametap. in fact, the page where the client is downloaded from says as much. the few alterations we've had is the renaming of areas on the Ki and Nexus interface, although there are indications that something new is pending.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:34 pm 

Main_Avvie wrote:
no, the Plasma engine has always been the same across all iterations of URU and single player, perhaps only with minor tweaks between multiplayer installments.

Singleplayer uses a different version. PRP's for example are not compatible as the format differs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:37 pm 
Obduction Backer

Main_Avvie wrote:
<snip>there is no difference between MOULa and URU Gametap.<snip>

Other than the Minkata sparklie was available and thus so the [spoiler]Fireworks display in Relto was active[/spoiler]

Moul(A)II Charura KI#296707 Char Gearz KI#600002 Teri Dactyl KI#600568 Chickopee KI#601018 Cannon Belle KI#601422

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:13 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

The easiest way to describe how MOULa relates to MOUL under Gametap is that MOULa is identical to how a new player would have found the Gametap version to look/behave, had they joined in the weeks prior to it's closure.

Any code changes that have taken place since the opening of MOULa are completely transparent to the player. The only visible evidence of change is that the client version number has changed several times.

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:22 pm 

OK, thank you. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:38 pm 
Obduction Backer

The gist of it is, anytime someone thinks: "I *know* <insert feature here> was in MOUL, why did they take it out of MOULa?", they are remembering wrong. ;)

VidRoth -- KI#50637

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:17 am 
Obduction Backer

i think most of that might be confusion between online and single player not between multiplayer installments.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:31 am 
Obduction Backer

IMHO most of the confusion comes from the time of the Shards. So many folks swear they saw "this" or did "that" but when asked for details they often remember they did it on someone's shard.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:57 am 
Obduction Backer

I like HenryMikel's sig...says it all

Moul(A)II Charura KI#296707 Char Gearz KI#600002 Teri Dactyl KI#600568 Chickopee KI#601018 Cannon Belle KI#601422

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]