It is currently Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:20 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:27 pm 

Folks,

I am unclear on what to do after the red GZMs. I remember Calibration GZMs from the offline game way back when the game was new. I do not understand how to begin collecting them, once I've uploaded my red GZMs into the Great Zero. I simply do not see any markers anywhere.

Someone sent me marker games; I clicked 'Play' and my Ki lit up all purple around the edges. Yet I never saw any markers in the area where they said that they were.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks !

MOULa: NellieBly, Ki No. 20259397
The Open Cave: NellieBly, Ki No. 00214235

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:36 pm 

Have you been to the GZ and opened the doors?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:44 am 
Obduction Backer

You should be now able to open the glass doors and reach the calibration center.

The GZ is in action in MOULa, so it doesn't need activating in the same way. Go to the calibration machines and look into the eyepiece. You will be shown 14 different sets of calibration markers that you need to collect.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:42 am 

dj_ wrote:
Have you been to the GZ and opened the doors?

I feel so silly.

First marker mission, accomplished !

MOULa: NellieBly, Ki No. 20259397
The Open Cave: NellieBly, Ki No. 00214235

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:14 pm 

Here's a complete explanation on markers:

Quick note about quest colours:

We do refer to Green, Red, Yellow, & Purple markers only to differenciate the colour appearing on the ring of the KI when opening or playing a given quest. Green & Red are pulsating markers and most of the time invisible unless in their vincinity. Yellow & Purple are all white markers visible all the time until you grab them.

Green & Red quests share the same pool of 33 markers (in MOULa shard). "Officially", the walkthroughs say 32 but they all forget the one located in the Er'cana City Silo age which is part of the city so yes it is a well-placed marker.

Yellow quests were made by Cyan and there are 14 of them. They hold 288 markers overall. The location of the markers are inside city, hood, GZ. You can have a hint of where to start your search by looking at the icon on the GZ monitor next to the selected quest...library icon, great stair icon, house windows in the hood, etc :wink:

Purple quests are made by explorers.

The processes:

There are 2 processes: updating & calibration. Updating is mandatory to play & create marker quests. After the updating process (Green & Red Markers), you can do the calibration process (Yellow Markers Quests), it's not mandatory though.

Personal view on the calibration process:

The calibration process is optional and don't bring a lot to your game experience. You'll get a "GPS" on your KI. In Cavern ages (City, Hood, Kirel, Pubs, K'veer, GZ), you'll be able to "locate" yourself. The major issue with this "GPS" is that it's completely user-unfriendly. You cannot see it unless you stand still at a given spot and open your full-screen KI. But then, you cannot move anymore, so you must close your KI and move to a different spot and redo the whole process. Some explorers may use the coordinates to put hints & clues in their own quests. So it might be necessary for playing such quests. Other than that, it's up to you. I would suggest to do it at least one time. You will practice some hard jumps, so hard move. It's a good practice to start with.

Explorer made marker games:

The updating process is needed to read marker games. If you open one, you'll see purple dots all around your KI. Those markers tell you that an explorer made the quest and not Cyan. Now... Since purple marker quests are made by an explorer, their purpose can range from hide & seek to hard skydiving quests.

Maybe you got a marker quest "hide & seek". The main purpose of that quest is to find those hidden markers. No wonder you don't find them... It could be a skydiving quest. As Skydivers, we don't put markers on the ground unless we give out instructions. Most of them are high up in hard-to-reach places. It could also be a clue marker quest, a puzzle marker quest.

I hope it will clear up some of your questions :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:24 pm 

Markers can also be a tool. In the Minkata age, it is extremely easy to get lost in the blowing sand. To prevent this, I create a marker quest and deposit a marker about every ten feet as I run in the desired direction. When I stop, I place several markers in the same spot so the group shows more brightly than the others. I then turn 90 degrees left and leave a marker trail for about ten seconds. I stop and create another group of markers before I look around for the Kiva. If I don't find it, I turn around and follow the marker trail back to the first marker group and then continue in the same direction for about ten seconds leave more markers about every second. I then create another group. I usually have found the kiva by this point unless my heading from the cage was completely wrong. Once I find the kiva, the markers are no longer needed and I delete them.

To make life easier, I have used geometry with the minkata map in the MOULa walkthrough and calculated the running time in seconds on the straight line path from the cage to the kiva. Using this, I USUALLY end up within about 20 feet of the kiva.

Cal

The straight line (cage to kiva)running times are:
[spoiler]Kiva 1 -- 29.9 seconds
Kiva 2 -- 97.04 seconds
Kiva 3 -- 80 seconds
kiva 4 -- 114.56 seconds
kiva 5 -- 88.48 seconda[/spoiler]