It is currently Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:46 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:02 am 
Obduction Backer

I was thinking about the broken bridge on Ae'gura and then I thought of the cleft bridges, and one could count the catwalks in Teledahn and Ercana. Where else?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:47 am 
Obduction Backer

1) 2nd Kadish Vault, Ventris ?

We used to be able to jump that, but now it's (invisibly) walled up:((

and the other side isn't solid anymore except for the door opening pedestal itself.....I think that still works to open the door, or did last time I tried it somewhere...(Doors are or were different in 1st and 2nd Kadish Vault, so of course its a natural challenge to open and close both doors and view them from inside and outside their respective Vaults, so now it requires a Magic Age to do this in 2nd Vault....)

(So much has been lost in the name of "Fixes".....I hate to mention this stuff in case it disappears too !)

2) You might include the Broken Rail in Ercana...we can still get round the pit to visit "The Beach", so that's relatively easy fair game perhaps....

There's a catwalk that's accessible from underfloors in front of Ercana Factory...but access to underfloors is pretty iffy now..probably needs an old skydivers client to be sure..or Magic Ercana)

3) There's an easy way (but wanting Markers to document it) to land in Kadish Underfloors now tho, and there's a an invisible void (Bridge?) to jump out onto a Moon Room Ladder from down there...if that counts...

Thanks for asking...I could go on :)) (And don't forget the Kadish Pipes ...! Trouble is that some folks get vertigo :))

You might want to collect/document Ladders some day too, perhaps ?

Hi All !!.....Myst'ya !.....

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:10 pm 

Did Atrus ever get around to fixing the bridge in Tomahna after Sirrus's "accident"?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:20 am 
Obduction Backer

Location: Hanging around with mermaids. And still looking for the elusive Funky Bahro.
The last I heard, Atrus has abandoned Tomahna and is now living in Releeshahn.

KI numbers:
TOOO 24657
Magical Mystery TOOO 643784
Institution TOOO 816645
Karaoke TOOO 816776

~and featuring~

Murinna (the mermaid) 2484723
Mallina (the other mermaid) 3015052

Second Life: TOOO Fall

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:54 am 
Obduction Backer

dgelessus wrote:
Did Atrus ever get around to fixing the bridge in Tomahna after Sirrus's "accident"?

One would think so since the family lived there for a number of years after those events. :)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:51 am 
Obduction Backer

*sigh* broken bridges ... as convenient a plot device as the useless cellphone in horror movies. they tend to be particularly common in video game level design.

It would make sense that a game focusing almost exclusively on environmental navigation challenges would have its fair share of broken bridges.

Myst had mostly hidden bridges, though. Those were always a pleasant surprise when they popped up :)

It would be interesting for someone to make a comprehensive list of broken bridges in URU, just for fun. I once made a marker game called "closed doors". I bet you can't guess what that was about. Maybe I'll do something similar for "broken bridges".

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]