It is currently Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:07 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: pods
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:32 pm 

just walked through portal (I need 2) and heard link sound but linked to black screen!

Post subject: Re: pods
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:25 am 
Obduction Backer

Sometimes you have to wait awhile (sometimes a minute or two) before the 'black' screen actually takes you to the area to claim your reward...be patient... #2 (Dereno) opens in about 10 minutes...

Moul(A)II Charura KI#296707 Char Gearz KI#600002 Teri Dactyl KI#600568 Chickopee KI#601018 Cannon Belle KI#601422

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:01 am 

Thanks...I already did Dereno, just need Testonot and Negilahn.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:17 am 
Obduction Backer

Okay..Tetsonot is in approximately 40 minutes...I need it also...Maybe see you in the museum... good luck..lol

Moul(A)II Charura KI#296707 Char Gearz KI#600002 Teri Dactyl KI#600568 Chickopee KI#601018 Cannon Belle KI#601422

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:02 am 
Obduction Backer

Got Mine

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:18 pm 

This isn't directly responsive to the last post but thought it worthwhile to get it out there.

I have built an Excel worksheet which exactly predicts the times of the Portal openings in all 4 Pods. However I can't reconcile the results (which I know work perfectly) with the online tool at http://www.uru-reallife.com/dnidatetime ... ation.html. The time differential is 6 hours, 1 minute, 28 seconds which is inexplicable to me in time zone EDT (Daylight savings time on the east coast of the United States.)

Any suggestions or input are most welcome. I'm reluctant to think the website above is wrong.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:11 am 
Obduction Backer

While the website seems to be broken for me, I do recall its times being in GMT.

tumblr: kaththedragon

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:38 am 
Obduction Backer

The website is right, and the pods are wrong.

Sometimes (after server restarts I believe) the server clock is set wrongly, which results in all game elements that are tied to absolute time, such as the pod portals, being off by 6 or 7 hours. This appears to be the case right now. You can recognize it by the KI displaying UTC instead of Mountain Time as it should.

The 1 minute and 28 seconds part of your offset approximately matches the difference between my own observations and the Pod Age Calendar, it’s just the error that the latter has accumulated over the years.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:04 am 

Thanks for the replies. If I display the "current" time with the Ki it is always 4 hours later than the time in my location. That is the GMT (or UTC) offset from my time zone so that much is consistent. I presume that's the server time as well. However, that doesn't account for the other 2 hours.

The projections I'm getting with my own solution are accurate to the second. I have repeatedly tested the time offsets. Dereno is 01:14:33 (hh:mm:ss) after Negilahn, Payiferen is 00:33:40 after Dereno and Tetsonot is 02:45:16 after Payiferen.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:04 pm 
Obduction Backer

koskoff wrote:
If I display the "current" time with the Ki it is always 4 hours later than the time in my location. That is the GMT (or UTC) offset from my time zone so that much is consistent. I presume that's the server time as well. However, that doesn't account for the other 2 hours.

Those two hours are the difference between the time at your location (Eastern Time) and the correct KI time (Mountain Time).

koskoff wrote:
The projections I'm getting with my own solution are accurate to the second.

They are right now, but they won’t be when the server clock has been set correctly again.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:20 am 

Is there a prediction tool out there right now that is accurate, to help me get my stone rings back? X3
Wondering if I'm near time for a portal appearance for any pod..

KI# 29337

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:21 am 
Obduction Backer

Moiety Jean wrote:
Is there a prediction tool out there right now that is accurate, to help me get my stone rings back? X3
Wondering if I'm near time for a portal appearance for any pod..

My personal favorite is Christian Walther's Pod Clock/Zik Clock, though I haven't yet checked its accuracy since our recent "event".

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:59 am 

And I prefer this clock:

http://www.uru-reallife.com/dnidatetime/release6/map.html

And just like with any public mass transportation system, make sure to be there a little bit ahead of time.

The portal won't open at the same exact time for everyone, except if 2 or more people are present in the same pod. It's a normal phenomenon.

The greatest thing about this clock (follow my link) is that you get the time of the next upcoming portals in YOUR local time and the screen is very clean. You don't get lost in unnecessary details. You can therefore plan almost a week ahead. I never found a clock more reliable.

If someone says: "The pod is in 5 minutes" and another one says: "The pod is in 10 minutes", ask each of them which clock they are using, the one using uru-reallife.com will be the reference. :D

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:27 am 

I saw the Zik Clock but I'd rather not download something if I can avoid it. Annabelle, that clock used to be my favorite too but it's not synched up anymore. It showed Payiferen as being in its nighttime while in game it was day. Also it shows some placeholder code instead of the time until the next portal. So, I'm guessing the wipe will have de-synched all tools?

KI# 29337

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:31 am 

Moiety Jean wrote:
I saw the Zik Clock but I'd rather not download something if I can avoid it. Annabelle, that clock used to be my favorite too but it's not synched up anymore. It showed Payiferen as being in its nighttime while in game it was day. Also it shows some placeholder code instead of the time until the next portal. So, I'm guessing the wipe will have de-synched all tools?

Uru In Real Life Pod Age Calendar seems to work for some and not others. It works fine for me, but I know someone who doesn't see a time, only sees text (which might be what you're seeing).
If I knew why, I'd tell you.