It is currently Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:02 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:26 pm 

Hey all,

I've started and stopped Uru several times, but for the second time ever I've actually
[Reveal] Spoiler:
Returned the pillars, jumped into the fissure, and gotten the ability to return to the cleft.

My question is…now what? I've wandered around Bevin, stumbled upon the Great Zero and found my first 15 markers. But, it sounds like (could be wrong) there's not much of a point to doing this anymore?

Out of desperation I've tried some walkthroughs, but inevitably they've steered me in directions that no longer exist. I always end up dead-ending on a Bahro Stone that doesn't exist, a journal or book that isn't there, or some other roadblock?

Can anyone steer me in the right direction?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:39 pm 
Obduction Backer

Take a left before reaching Toon Town..

There are multiple versions of Uru (Myst Online Uru Live, Uru Ages Beyond Myst, Uru To D'ni, and Uru The Path of the Shell) and as such there are various differences between the online and offline versions of the games which makes looking for guides a bit tricky.

Searching specifically for Myst Online would probably help, but I'd suggest checking out the Guild of Greeters site they have a bunch of walkthroughs.

The pillars that form The Journey, is just one of the 'journeys' to take. There is also the Path of the Shell stuff, the Pod Ages, Eder Delin and Eder Tsogahl as well as Minkata that all have various things associated with them.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:52 pm 

Thanks for the help! I didn't realize there were so many nuanced versions of Uru. :? I've got a PC copy of Complete Chronicles, and downloaded the open source Myst Online, but I always assumed those had the same content.

I tried to follow the Guild of Greeters of To D'ni walkthrough, but ran into some issues with the
[Reveal] Spoiler:
BOB OGOOBO and Egg path
as it seemed like there was a lot of content simply missing.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:26 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

Yes, the To D'ni walkthrough refers to the first expansion pack for the original offline Uru: Ages Beyond Myst, so isn't especially helpful for MOULa.

As far as the list of walkthroughs on the GoG site is concerned, you should concentrate on the ones listed above "Uru: The Path of the Shell - Walkthrough" on the page, as those are all relevant to MOULa.

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:50 am 

Thanks Tweek and Mac_Fife.

I decided to jump into Path of the Shell. I started with...
[Reveal] Spoiler:
Er'Cana. I eventually returned to the walkthrough and then kept seeing bits about clues being written on the walls. Perhaps I'm dense, but I'm just not seeing anything :(

I decided to follow the walkthrough bit for bit and started at the Watcher's Sanctuary. However, the walkthrough mentioned
[Reveal] Spoiler:
a giant shell projection? I'm not seeing one, nor the first clue on the wall...and the blue button in the alcove at the top of the stairs offers no interaction :(

Is my game (or perhaps the fact that I'm playing via a Cider wrapper) messed up, or is it like this for everyone? As mentioned, I've got an old copy of CC somewhere around here, maybe it's possible to load in data from that on my mac and play through the game that way? Is that even possible? Should I abandon all hope of progressing in MO:UL? :?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:01 am 
Obduction Backer

There is nothing wrong with your game. The walkthrough you are using is for the standalone URU - Complete Chronicles or the last part of URU CC: Path Of The Shell. but you are playing the online game MYST Online URU Live. There are several differences... BIG differences. URU CC had to lose the multiplayer stuff.
The link you used to need to jump through is now available in plain sight... in a different form... but right where you used to jump for it. Maybe give a look around?
The Watchers Pub (current name) is now merely a repository for two Age books and an occasional party.

If you get stuck you can post here or perhaps just come into the public City (via the Nexus) and ask for a hint. We're all good at hinting.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:31 am 
Former MystOnline Moderator

Yeah, when I referred to the GoG walkthroughs I meant "all the ones listed above, but not including, Path of the Shell" - sorry if that wasn't clear.

BTW: As this is the "Spoilers" section, there's no need to hide anything with spoiler tags.

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:12 pm 
Obduction Backer

Hi and welcome, EddieValiant ... :P

May I introduce and guide you to an absolutely awesome MOULa manual for general and invaluable hints and tips and perfect guidance through MOULa related to everything technical and the understanding how it all works and why, available commands and the overall purposeful use of the KI and everything, provided by Mac_Fife ... 8)

And here Eddie, you'll find an equally awesome and comprehensive MOUL walkthrough for you to indulge in ... For everything else just look through the sticky posts here in the 'Spoiler, Hints and Tips' forums section, where we're in right now, and don't forget the 'Events' section for the fun in the cavern ... Enjoy ... :D

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:37 pm 

Awesome. Thanks everyone, I'm not going down without a fight! Time to get shelly 8)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]