It is currently Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:31 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:29 pm 

Isn't the second bookshelf in Relto supposed to fill up with books as you progress through the game? In Complete Chronicles, I had a ton of books on the shelf from just finishing Yeesha's Journey. I've done that in Live, and I still only have one book... Is that supposed to happen?

Also, I've been hearing a ton more Bahro sounds recently. Like, especially around the Journey Cloths and the Journey Doors (even when they're closed). I'll just be chilling out on my personal Teledahn instance when suddenly I hear a couple of Bahro nearby! I've never heard the sound in Relto, and the inside sections of Gahreesen don't have any Bahro noise at all. I know for sure it's Bahro sounds, because I've been in these places I've been hearing them in so many times that I know these sounds are not normally there. What does it mean?

My last question here is about Yeesha's Journey. Now, I've completed her Journey on Complete Chronicles and she appeared to me in the flesh at the end, but in Live she's still a hologram at that point... Is that how it's supposed to be?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:45 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

The second bookshelf works differently in Uru Live, mainly because in Uru:CC you need information that's in those books on the second shelf for a specific purpose that isn't needed in Live. So the answer is "Yes, that's supposed to happen".

Teledahn can have a lot of strange noises, especially near the hut. I can't say I notice a lot of Bahro screeches there though. You'll certainly hear them in the city. For the most part, it just means they're watching us ;).

As for Yeesha, again "Yes, that's how it's meant to be". One way of looking at it is that in Uru:CC you're the only person around, so a personal visitation makes sense to give you your reward for completing the journey, but in Live lots of people are completing it and all the personal appearances probably got a bit boring so she just left a recorded message instead!

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:31 am 
Obduction Backer

Inunah wrote:
Also, I've been hearing a ton more Bahro sounds recently. Like, especially around the Journey Cloths and the Journey Doors (even when they're closed). I'll just be chilling out on my personal Teledahn instance when suddenly I hear a couple of Bahro nearby! I've never heard the sound in Relto, and the inside sections of Gahreesen don't have any Bahro noise at all. I know for sure it's Bahro sounds, because I've been in these places I've been hearing them in so many times that I know these sounds are not normally there. What does it mean?

Do you hear it shortly after using a cloth? When you touch a journey cloth that you hadn't yet touched before (i.e. when it first adds a part of the glow to the hand shape) you will often hear bahro sounds a few moments later.

After a cloth is collected though, pressing it again won't ever prompt their sounds again. I guess the bahro are just calling out excited when they first see you making progress with the journey.

Technically this should be able to happen in any age with journey cloths, but I think there can be some areas with too many other sounds, which cause the bahro not to be heard as well.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:02 pm 

In Kadish, you will hear the bahros sound and clear. They emit their shrieks then fly off, it's easy to hear them over there. In other ages, it's less easy as the background sounds are more important.

oh and...

to correct a bit of what Mac_fife told you...

Yeesha was born around 1800 a.d. so by this time (2015), she is probably already dead :lol: . She recorded that message a long long long time ago.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:42 pm 
Obduction Backer

:mrgreen:

No, not dead since it's common enough for a healthy D'ni to live well past 300. But she *did* promise to lure the Bahro civil war away from the cavern to help keep us safe. So my guess is this has kept her pretty busy. :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:57 pm 
Obduction Backer

If you have not seen it, Yeesha was still alive in 2007 when she visited us in cavern; as seen in a video by Leighana, the link for which can be found in this thread: http://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13479&start=15. I wish I had been there to see it (I was at work at the time) but I am so glad she preserved it for us.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]