It is currently Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:55 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Er'cana Water tank bug?
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:25 pm 

My friend mentioned that a while ago, there was a bug in Er'cana involving emptying the water-tanks that would ruin the level and force you to delete and restart. This was apparently fixed, because of course, I began messing with all of the controls and emptying water; but Tank 1 was prevented from being emptied.

However I cannot figure out what this would have done to ruin the level. What was the bug? Do the ovens rely on water being in a tank?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:53 pm 
Obduction Backer

In decades of playing, I've never run into a bug like you're describing. In the game mechanics, the ovens are unrelated to the water tanks, so it doesn't matter if they are full or not.

3 # 11308
The Lost Library of D'ni

Last edited by larryf58 on Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:39 pm 

The way to play Er'cana involves emptying a certain number of tanks. The tank #1 is broken storywise so you'll always see water in it. The tank #4 has no water in it even on a brand new Er'cana. When you "empty" it, you are only getting access to it. The tanks #2 & #3 can be left filled out with water in the first place**.

Like Larryf58 said, I've never heard of such bug.

The tanks give power to the ovens. Even if you fill them up with water (tanks #2 & #3), they won't be more powerful for pellet baking.

**: You need a lot of skills to overcome the obstacles left in your way (skydiving involved here) or pure cheat.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:26 am 
Obduction Backer

coffeemancer wrote:
My friend mentioned that a while ago, there was a bug in Er'cana involving emptying the water-tanks that would ruin the level and force you to delete and restart.

The only killer bug that I remember was that some folks could not interact with the controls. They were unable to sit sown and make changes. The solution was to allow a friend to set the controls for you. This mainly happened to folks with slow internet connections especially those with high ping times.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:18 am 
Obduction Backer

One of the tanks cannot be drained by design.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]