It is currently Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:16 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: Pod Age Portals
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:14 pm 

I'm trying to make a Rainmeter skin that can tell you when a portal is open in what Pod Age, but I have a problem: I don't know if I can call information from any of the calculator websites (also, I've found a lot of the sites to actually be inaccurate). Because of this, I'd like to just write up the calculations myself. Unfortunately, I have no idea how to know when the portals open except for looking at those sites.

How do you solve for when the Pod Age portals open? I know about the map right next to the books, but I have no idea how to interpret it in a way that accurately works.

Post subject: Re: Pod Age Portals
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:48 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
The answer is in Payiferen.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:30 am 

Tai'lahr wrote:
The answer is in Payiferen.

That's what I've heard, but I have no idea what that means.

Like all of Minkata, most of Todelmer, most of Amateria, all of Dome Island, half of Kadish Tolesa, and most of Spire, I'll most likely need the whole puzzle wrote out exactly as it should be solved before I can even begin to understand how it's done. I wish it weren't so, but I'm better with puzzles where everything is in front of my face all at once or has few things to go look for.

Except for Minkata, which even though the puzzle's solution was all right there on a single page, it was 98% math...and I'm so bad at math that I'm starting to find it hard to add and subtract numbers that aren't even. It's so bad that I couldn't understand a text solution of Minkata and had to rewatch a video a hundred times and do things exactly as they happened in the video just so I could solve the Age.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:07 am 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
Maybe these will help:

The Guild of Greeters' Walkthrough

Pod Age Hint Guide: Do it right! by Maratanos - this one is meant to lead you with hints, but unfortunately, the spoiler tags in it are broken.

And, my favorite, One Explorer's experience in the Pods *SPOILER* by Yellowdog will make you regret not having solved it on your own.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:59 pm 

I have looked at the pods for so long I've lost count how many hours I wasted, and I still feel like I don't understand. I honestly don't think I'll be able to ever solve this puzzle, even with the dang solution.

I think I'll have to come back in a week or two, after I've figured out how to swap real world time and an amount of pahrtavotee that isn't 1. It'll probably take me a while considering the Pod Ages don't have 25 hours in a day yet are counted with that system, and I still don't understand all the specifics behind base 25.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:12 am 

Inunah wrote:
I have looked at the pods for so long I've lost count how many hours I wasted, and I still feel like I don't understand. I honestly don't think I'll be able to ever solve this puzzle, even with the dang solution.

I think I'll have to come back in a week or two, after I've figured out how to swap real world time and an amount of pahrtavotee that isn't 1. It'll probably take me a while considering the Pod Ages don't have 25 hours in a day yet are counted with that system, and I still don't understand all the specifics behind base 25.

Look at the map in the museum and see if you can use that to find out how long the day is. Also if you go to a neighborhood with a d'ni clock the classroom will have a primer on the d'ni time system.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 2:40 am 

Inunah wrote:

Download a zik clock for your iPad or android cell phone. once you synchronize it, you will be notified when each pod door is available. getting the first one is tricky since you will have to rely on someone's observation and come back when the time is right. The Zik clock gives real time GMT, your time and URU time all sync'd. Also I noticed a shadow on the floor of the pod with sunlight. when it hits the marks on the floor (mid level) I think that is when door opens

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 9:42 am 
Obduction Backer

And here we see a perfect example of hints versus solutions (though without the spoilers)

tumblr: kaththedragon

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 3:29 pm 

Yeah it is a great puzzle and one I believe was solved by group effort when the Pods were first released. It took me months to figure it out but it can be done by observation and English to Dni translating. ;)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 11:02 pm 

famous jemez wrote:
Inunah wrote:

Download a zik clock for your iPad or android cell phone. once you synchronize it, you will be notified when each pod door is available. getting the first one is tricky since you will have to rely on someone's observation and come back when the time is right. The Zik clock gives real time GMT, your time and URU time all sync'd. Also I noticed a shadow on the floor of the pod with sunlight. when it hits the marks on the floor (mid level) I think that is when door opens

I'm trying to make a Rainmeter Pod Clock widget, meaning I have to know and understand the solution to code it in.

I've relied on a premade clock in the past and I'd like to just have a little piece of my desktop there when I'm not in the Cavern that can tell me if a portal is open, just in case I need a Pod Age Relto donut again for some reason and forgot about pod clocks. In the past, I've gone to the Cavern in a rush to get to a portal without even checking if a portal is even open.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]