It is currently Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:14 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Marker quest(ion)
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:33 pm 

Do some of the GZ calibration markers appear in different places in the public instance and the hood instance of the city? I jumped off to the side of the wooden bridge but fell just past the marker, then linked to the hood instance to try again, but the marker wasn't there, it was on the other side of the bridge. Are there others?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:49 pm 

The CGZM missions (the four machines at the back of the GZ cathedral) are static as far as I can tell. The GoG walkthrough for the marker locations was still accurate, no matter how many times I crashed and had to restart a mission.

Maybe you just got turned around in the caves and were looking from the wrong end of the bridge? :D

As for the green/red GZMs, I'm fairly certain their positions are fixed too, although I think there are maybe one or two that appear only after you've uploaded the greens (like the one in the GZ courtyard, which you can't reach til the greens are up).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:09 am 

When I used to do the marker mission in URU:CC, I noticed the marker at the rickety bridge, but no other markers, would change locations. Perhaps it's the same for MOUL.

Susa'n KI#1040105 (member Shorah gah bigtotee's Hood)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:14 pm 

LOL, no I am quite sure that I did not cross the bridge by mistake. The layout of the cavern is not that confusing. :)

It is the last marker in mission #3 according to the walkthrough here: http://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14066.

I was trying to find the exact spot where I'd fall through the marker so I tried to be observant as to exactly where I was. :)

I don't remember this marker from Uru:CC.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:45 pm 
Obduction Backer

That nasty little marker has been there online since prologue. It's not in the offline version.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:52 pm 
Obduction Backer

Like most things, there's a technique to it. Try walking off the bridge backwards and letting go as soon as you're in the air.
Otherwise, try sideways with <. The idea is to fall through the marker (or touch it with an arm) rather than jump through it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:37 pm 

Very strange.

Yesterday, ten out of eleven yellow lights on my KI were "filled". Today, I had ten out of 19 or 20 lights. And when I got to the rackety bridge there was no marker where I expected it to be.

I went back to the GZ and clicked mission #3 again. Now my KI showed 10 out of 11 lights! So I went back to the bridge (yes, same spot :wink: ) and the marker was there. It took me a few attempts but this time I finally got it, too.

I have only done marker missions 1 to 3, not tried any of the others yet. Did I glitch into one of the other missions somehow?!

Oh well. Moving on to #4!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:49 pm 
Obduction Backer

Frestro wrote:
Very strange.

Yesterday, ten out of eleven yellow lights on my KI were "filled". Today, I had ten out of 19 or 20 lights. And when I got to the rackety bridge there was no marker where I expected it to be.

<snip>

I have only done marker missions 1 to 3, not tried any of the others yet. Did I glitch into one of the other missions somehow?!

Yes it can happen, and that would explain why you couldn't see the marker where you expected to. It looks at first glance like cross-contamination.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:06 pm 

Cross-contamination, lol :)

I have no trouble with the bridge marker. It's quite easy to get from the Library side of the bridge by getting close to the edge of the cliff before going on the bridge. Plus in this version of MOUL, I don't have to click on the marker, I click on the red circle on my KI, which appears before I even see a marker. I can get the bridge marker simply by walking across the bridge.

The marker that I notice missing is the one by the hood fountain. I can't remember whether it was there in MOUL, but I do remember it was there in URU Live. I think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:20 pm 
Obduction Backer

Romer, you're not talking about the same markers. You're doing the first 30. The conversation is about the 14 (white) marker missions that follow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:26 pm 

Oh. Well, yes, that would make a difference. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:44 pm 

GoG's walkthrough for the bridge CGZMs says

[spoiler]Panic Link WALK required, so you have to find the right spot and take a couple steps off.[/spoiler]

I didn't enjoy the bridge markers though. Very finicky about where you had to start and how long you could move before you under/overshot it. Lost a lot of time on those...

But like I said, they were exactly where the GoG guide said they'd be. In the many times I went back there to try again, they hadn't moved.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:50 pm 
Obduction Backer

They don't move, but you can find that your KI sometimes registers a different mission to the one you thought you were doing.