It is currently Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:53 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: scope reset
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:32 pm 

hi im stuck in kadish at the 3 scopes I must have done it wrong but now I don't know how to reset them back to the order they were in .....can this be done

thanks in advance steve

Post subject: Re: scope reset
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:36 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
Yes, but unfortunately, the reset button is past the door that they open.

Your best bet is to just keep trying with what you've got which shouldn't be any more difficult than if they were in their original state.

Just out of curiosity, how are you trying to solve them?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:45 pm 

In case your need big spoiler images, I have a post at ubi forums where you can click each image separately...
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/227000-Kadish-Tolesa-Help-with-3-Circular-Telescopes-SPOILER?s=44c9edfbaae57499b973f258e8903ae8&p=2937737&viewfull=1#post2937737

P.S. easier to make mistakes when original scopes settings have been moved around.

Btw, if ever you need to reset the scopes you will have to delete(click tab under the Kadish book) and replay from the beginning.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:32 pm 
Obduction Backer

Artic_Wagon wrote:
Btw, if ever you need to reset the scopes you will have to delete(click tab under the Kadish book) and replay from the beginning.

There’s no need to be that drastic, at all.
Keep in mind that two of the scopes are interdependent, so you might need to fiddle a bit to get them right.
Also, if you’re unsure about the hints in the Kadish Gallery, the backgrounds can suggest which is which (I can’t say more without spoiling!).

KI #46116. Donate to help the Cavern stay open!
Want to know what’s going on in the Cavern? Get tweets from the GoMe.

MacOS wrappers, D’ni Lessons, DniTools, goodies.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:43 pm 

Few months ago I went in one of my kadish ages and the scopes were severely scrambled.

The main error is to start with the 3rd one because although it looks like the obvious choice (it faces the tree door), it's the far worst choice ever. In the 3rd scope, you have the rings "initially" set accordingly to the setting of the 2nd & 1st scopes. In the 2nd scope, you have the rings "initially" set accordingly to the setting of the 1st scope.

By "initially", I mean after the effect of setting the previous scope(s) in the series.

When you start off with a virgin Kadish age and you just go and see through the 3 scopes without touching any buttons, you will see their virgin states.

You set the 1st scope right, it will affect the 2nd & 3rd scopes.
You set the 2nd scope right, it will affect the 3rd scope.
You set the 3rd scope right, it will cause the tree door to open.

So with all the said... the best and unique way to correct the mistake is to start setting the 1st scope right. Because whatever you do on the 2nd or 3rd scopes will be unset by the actions made on the 1st scope afterward.

I pulled a handfull of my hairs before figuring this out. I was going in reverse, setting 3rd scope right, then go on 2nd scope setting it right (making the 3rd one wrong), & so forth...

Step to correct your mistake:
1) Correct 1st scope
2) Correct 2nd scope
3) Correct 3rd scope
The tree door will open up! :D

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:12 am 
Obduction Backer

Also, for each scope, start with the right-most button and work toward the left. The right-most button affects the settings of the other two. The middle button affects the settings of the left-most button. The left-most button operates independently of the other two.

In order to figure out what to set for each, use the reverse order. Push the left button to see exactly what part of the configuration is changed. Push the center button and ignore the part controlled by the left button to figure out what portion the center button changes, etc.

Once you have figured out what does what, push the buttons right-to-left to set the desired configuration on each scope.

This post inspected by: Maintainer #165
MOULa-Ki: 15763576
GEHN-Ki: 00022090
DI-Ki: 00145074