It is currently Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:05 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 12:18 pm 

Kestr'l wrote:
However, I'm not sure if the Eder in front of Kemo, Gira, Tsogahl, and Delin represent the same author, or if it's a D'ni word for "Garden" or "Rest Age" or something similar.

"Eder" is the D'ni word for "rest". It's also found in the term "eder tomahn", which are the rest houses in the Shaft and along the tunnels to D'ni.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 12:38 pm 
Obduction Backer

Kestr'l wrote:
There was a practice to put the name of the owner/writer of the age in front of the name of the age.

Source for this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:33 pm 

Okay, so I can't verify if it was common practice to do this, but it's obviously been done here. Kadish Tolesa was written by Kadish, and so he named it after himself. Kadish Tolesa is also a very personal age for Kadish, where he stored his treasure, so perhaps the prepended name is denoting it as a personal, private age, instead of the author.

http://www.uruexplorers.com/reference/kadish/index.php

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 1:56 am 

Kestr'l wrote:
but it's obviously been done here.
IMO the only instance we've got of it being done is by someone I think was extremely stuck up with themself. Aitrus didn't name Gemedet, Aitrus Gemedet or Ti'ana Gemedet and I think that was a very personal Age for Aitrus.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:05 am 

Maratanos wrote:
His name is Kadish, not Kadish Tolesa.

Are you sure? I've heard several places that that was his full name...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:11 am 

John Lynch wrote:
BlueLightNight wrote:
She is telling you a story. You might want to listen to it ;)
I don't see what leaving her mark everywhere has to do with the story. After all the symbols are:
* Relto - nothing related there on any of the journeys.
* Teledahn - she talks about the cells, however she has a journey cloth there so it was guaranteed we'd go there.
* Kadish Tolesa Alternate Vault - This is the only time I could see a valid point for the symbol being there to reference something in particular. But even so I question how well it works.

Seems more like a marking of territory to me.

Not sure what you mean here John. Relto is the central point to all the Journey's and was one of her best creations. An age that you can link to and bring that ages book with you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:17 am 

Calam wrote:
Maratanos wrote:
His name is Kadish, not Kadish Tolesa.

Are you sure? I've heard several places that that was his full name...

I've never heard of a D'ni having a "full name".

(Or something.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:20 am 

Thanakar wrote:
Not sure what you mean here John. Relto is the central point to all the Journey's and was one of her best creations. An age that you can link to and bring that ages book with you.
I mean there is nothing in the journey (except as a hub age) that is story-related to Relto. In Teledahn we learn about the story behind the cages for Bahro. In Relto, there's nothing like that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:31 am 

In Relto there's a book on the right shelf telling briefly about the ages. That will be a part of the story I guess.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 1:04 pm 

John Lynch wrote:
I mean there is nothing in the journey (except as a hub age) that is story-related to Relto. In Teledahn we learn about the story behind the cages for Bahro. In Relto, there's nothing like that.

But, the journey is as much about learning of Yeesha and her abilities as it is about learning of the D'ni and their history. Relto is our introduction to some of the powers of the Grower. The journey mostly teaches us the past, but also shows the direction for the future. It's all part of the larger story.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 2:01 pm 

BrettM wrote:
But, the journey is as much about learning of Yeesha and her abilities as it is about learning of the D'ni and their history. Relto is our introduction to some of the powers of the Grower. The journey mostly teaches us the past, but also shows the direction for the future. It's all part of the larger story.
I don't know if I really buy that, but thats a gut instinct and I see what you're saying :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:05 pm 

BrettM wrote:
John Lynch wrote:

You forgot one thing about the Journey. Yeesha uses each and our Journey to free the Bahro. Though I do like the teaching of Yeesha the fact that she used me has never set well.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2