It is currently Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:31 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:36 am 

Gadren wrote:
Well, Kirel isn't in UU. The only hood we've ever been in in UU is the Bevin design.

As for the issue of duplicate hoods, it's an odd one. All the hoods have the exact same appearance, and when marker hunting, they all have the same coordinates in space. However, I sense that this is just one of those things that they don't want us to think too much about -- much like how we each have instances of our Ages. :) I suspect that in the future, we'll get the chance to customize our hoods and get different areas in the Cavern.

I could see them fiendishly slipping Kirel into the public list sometime and not mentioning it. :)

I think there is only one hood; the one you're in at the moment, in the same location in the cavern. If you visit someone else's hood, you're going to the same place in a different parallel universe or time period. This could explain why we rarely see the DRC - they are working in Ae'Gura in a different parallel universe and we can hear it echoing in the cave.

Through the magic of D'ni linking books and the machinations of the Nexus, you can go to a different parallel universe Neighbor'hood in the *exact same location*. Perhaps the D'ni all lived in the same tiny neighborhood scattered across different parallel universes and time periods as the ages are?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:47 am 
Obduction Backer

Yeah, see, that's exactly why I don't want to push this issue too much. The only way to get it to work is to invent a convoluted system of alternate universes. It couldn't be that way, because the D'ni never had that much control over the Art where they could get a whole city to look exactly the same. Unless you want to throw "Yeesha magic" in there (and that just screams "PLOT DEVICE!"), then we're stuck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:23 am 

In Prologue, there was a man in a boat, and a big fish (or whale or something), that moved across the telescope view. And the view was quite different too as I remember it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:26 am 

I have wondered about the scale of the lake and the islands with what we see when we fall from the Bahro Cave at the end .....the islands in that lake seem smaller than would be similar to what we see in the telescope, but i am not sure if the lake is the same lake......pondering

"We Build Worlds"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:08 am 

jayctravis wrote:
I remember in prologue them being so detailed as to have tiny pinpoints of moving light that you could watch move if you sat patient long enough.

I have seen small yellow lights moving in the scope.

BrettM, this is an awsome enhancement of the screenshot, thanks for that :-) Even with gamma setting on max I don't see it that well in the scope.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:20 pm 

Srikandi wrote:
In Prologue, there was a man in a boat, and a big fish (or whale or something), that moved across the telescope view. And the view was quite different too as I remember it.

The boat I beleive was the ferry and the 'man' might have been a Bahro. As to the fish, many of us speculated it was shroomie.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:10 pm 

It does no good to speculate what is seen through the telescope. You only need to realize the truth. There is no telescope.

Gathered Restorers Awaiting To Explore For URU Lives

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:25 pm 
Obduction Backer

Doug Parker wrote:
It does no good to speculate what is seen through the telescope. You only need to realize the truth. There is no telescope.

Very mysterious. Although, in a sense, some of us have never been in Bevin before, so how would we know there should be a telescope?

It's getting hard to keep the IC story straight. I hope to settle on the simplest possible option, whatever that turns out to be. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 7:35 pm 

jayctravis wrote:
I remember in prologue them being so detailed as to have tiny pinpoints of moving light that you could watch move if you sat patient long enough.

Yes this is true.....I remember once through painstaking testing, a friend and I tested if this---he was in Ae'gura, I was in a hood looking through the telescope....As the lights ran up and down the stairs I'd ask "is there anyone on the stairs now?"

he said no.

So its not a real-time depiction of whats going on in Ae'gura.

It'd be kinda cool if it was, but I can understand why...can you imagine the lag that'd cause? ouch.

~Kia

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2