It is currently Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:24 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 6:33 pm 

and I have to say I am so impressed! I have long been a myst fan, ever since I picked up the book of dni when I was 12 years old. this really is awesome. I have one question though, well more of a request. can someone give me some good "getting started" advice?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 6:50 pm 

[spoiler]If you have absolutely never played URU before, then my advice would be to go outside your hut, and place your hand on the handprint on that wooden pillar out there. There will be a book there, and I think you will know what to do. You will start in an area, known as "The Cleft". This will put you on common ground with most of the explorers here, since most of the veteran Explorers have begun this way. If you keep going forward, you will see a man in a trailer. Talk to him, and he will give you helpful advice like, "Do you think that steak's done yet?" He will also occasionally give you hints. Once you figure out what needs to be done here, there is a large online community in the cavern that can help you with other ages you might encounter. In essence, every age has a man in a trailer to help you if you get stuck. (Zandi's trailer might even have a winch(i digress)) To access them, just look in that blue book inside your hut. Whenever you quit the game, you'll end up back inside your hut.[/spoiler]

Look around. Explore. And have fun.

Gathered Restorers Awaiting To Explore For URU Lives

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 6:51 pm 
Obduction Backer

Hi GI Joe!

The first thing I'd recommend doing if you haven't done it already is to get a KI.. use the book in your hut and follow the signs to get that.

After that, Cyan hosts orientation sessions in "Beginner's Bevin", that you can access easily from the Nexus (the book to the Nexus is next to the machine that gives you your KI.. after you use that book you can get to the Nexus from your hut)

Also if you want to play "The Journey", or the original single player Uru game, open up the pillar outside your hut to begin that. After the initial stage you can even invite other people in the game to come play it with you or give you a helping hand.

Other hotspots in the multiplayer area are the city (labeled Ferry Terminal in the nexus) and the Guild of Greeters and Uru Obsession neighborhoods listed under public links in the nexus.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]