It is currently Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:00 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:13 pm 
Obduction Backer

In Uru, once you can count to 5, you can get to the classroom, and it has all 25 symbols at floor and celing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:26 pm 

:evil:
Quote:
You'll need a lot more than just that to get to RIVEN. Riven is GONE. It does not exist. Its spot on the Great Tree of Possibilities is now vacant.

GONE! what do you mean gone? you can still buy the game on Ebay.

The game Riven is most probably the best ever game in the Myst series. The game Uru being a divergence from the series - never-the-less there is a heap of D'ni culture and experience to be gleaned from a visit to 'Riven' the game.

And - I don't care what your tree says.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:29 pm 
Obduction Backer

You can also get Riven with the Myst 10th aniversery dvd set which where I live you can still find at most game stores :) I bought one because I used my original Riven disks so much that one stopped working :(

~Weldergeek

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:20 am 

Nothing teaches you how to count as well as that creepy game in the Rivenese classroom.

The whole idea of the message Gehn was sending to those poor little kids was so ghastly that you never forget your D'ni numbers after that experience! Learn it or die! :shock:

BTW, Riven is available on GameTap so hunting down disks isn't necessary if you are in the U.S.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:30 am 
Obduction Backer

Besides the book on the shelf in Relto, there are also the six little pillars with rotating symbols in the Gallery who can help you learn to count from 1 to 6. 8)

Morningstar - KI#1053460
Please avoid drinking the lake water.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:07 pm 

Quote:
GONE! what do you mean gone? you can still buy the game on Ebay.

The game Riven is most probably the best ever game in the Myst series. The game Uru being a divergence from the series - never-the-less there is a heap of D'ni culture and experience to be gleaned from a visit to 'Riven' the game.

And - I don't care what your tree says.

Yes, you can still play the GAME called Riven, but you were implying you've actually been to the age. Which you obviously haven't. It ceased to exist about 200 years ago. And guess what? Humans can't live that long... And guess what else? You're human! And? Yes, that's right, there'll probably be tongue-in-cheek replies from people who say they aren't!

Oh and by the way... The thing in riven isn't really all that good of a method of teaching D'ni numbers. It was designed to be a puzzle. It only taught you the first ten, and it took a while to do so. The DRC site isn't trying to be a puzzle, so it's easier to understand. Allow me to show you the link:THE LINK

Well, unless they're playing video games, in which case heros die a lot too.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2