It is currently Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:10 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: No idea what I'm doing
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:11 am 

So I started playing Uru Live because I was sick of World of Warcraft and looking for something new. Now, after I have gotten my Ki I am at a loss as to what to do. So far all I've done is wander around the ferry and collect markers. Any suggestions as to what I should go do? Also, what is the equivalent of guilds in Uru? Thanks in advance for your reply.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:18 am 

There is much for you to do. Try looking around your Relto for things to do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:22 am 

I meant besides doing the single player part.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:22 am 

Welcome to Uru Live!

Yes, you can try poking about Relto to see if there are other areas to explore. ;)

[spoiler=Details]By touching the "hand" symbol on the pillar outside your hut, you will gain access to an area in New Mexico called "The Cleft." After exploring as much as you currently can from that area, you will discover how to reach new places.[/spoiler]

You asked about the equivalent of Guilds. In Relto, the first book on your shelf is a linking book to your "neighborhood", a place where like-minded people can coordinate and hang out. You can find a list of public neighborhoods in the Nexus, under "public links". Two that I'd recommend for beginning players are "A Beginner's Bevin" and "Guild of Greeter's Bevin," where you can find out more about the d'ni and the DRC, or practical information such as how to switch 'hoods or invite people to your Ages.

You also might hear talk about Cyan implementing "Guilds." These aren't the sort of guilds you might be thinking of, but rather a guild system based on the one the d'ni used, with a Guild of (Age) Writers, or Maintainers, etc. I don't think there are immediate plans to implement a guild system, but it is definitely something Cyan would like to do, according to interviews with them.

Feel free to ask any questions, both here and in the game!

KI# 45434

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:44 am 

Tell your friends from world of warcraft to come! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:23 am 

The stranger wrote:
Tell your friends from world of warcraft to come! :wink:

Oh, you've really done it this time! Everybody scramble! Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:48 am 
Obduction Backer

Luminosity wrote:
I meant besides doing the single player part.

The single player part is really worth doing though. ;) And, you can invite others to join you on this quest, so it's not neccessarily 100% single-player. :)

Also, there are 2 small multiplayer Ages in the neighbourhoods. And of course, the game will be expanded every now and then. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:07 pm 
Obduction Backer

Re: the single player part, if you've played Uru: Ages Beyond Myst on Gametap, you'll know the drill. Those single player Ages make up a good portion of Live right now. But invite people to help you work on those same Ages, even if they're complete strangers... it changes the experience completely.

And... a few years have passed between the single-player game and Live, so certain things might have changed in some Ages since you last saw them.

And... there's also Delin and Tsogahl which are brand new Ages, albeit small ones.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:08 pm 

Just ask for company to do your ages, Luminosity. Some of the most fun comes when you invite people and they all help out. I met someone last night who wanted to do one of the multiplayer ages but wasn't sure how to get people together so I just put out a call and we had plenty of people within minutes and had a great time solving the puzzle. I personally really enjoy helping out others and there are lots of other people who feel the same way. Just ask, someone will usually answer up or go Bevin hopping and eventually you will run into a group who will be more than willing to assist.

One of the great features of Uru is that if you want to do things alone, you can or if you love company, you can always find good conversations and some reallllly great parties *cough-Up on the Rooftop Party -cough* etc., etc. We have Spoken Word Night and upcoming a St. Patrick's Day Parade on March 17th which has been a really great event in the past and I certainly expect someone to come along and set up the D'ni Olympic events again! You can even create a social event and let people know - turnout is usually good and impromptu parties occur all the time.

Basically, you get out of Uru what you are willing to put into it....

SL:
DMom2K Darwin

Currently residing in Guild Wars2 with DudeDad and trying to play Watch Dogs
Citizen of the Metaverse and oh, yeah, The Dude abides....

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]