It is currently Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:16 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:20 am 

I have done all it has said for me to do, yet i still can not log in, and I have registered with both things, when it saids username and login, it saids they do not match or even exist!, when i registered for the beta thing i put in my email and name like it said, but it never said anything on my email adress that i have gotten mail, what do i do! :( :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:57 am 
Obduction Backer

Mike,

I understand your frustration. The game is still in closed beta, and beta submissions are being handled by hand rather than automatically, and the person that handles that (greydragon) was on vacation until a few days ago. He is probably running a little behind on processing beta signups. If you are afraid that your signup might not have been received, you can send him a personal message on this message board.

Also, you need to know that signing up for beta only puts you on a list to join, it doesn't grant automatic or immediate access. More explorers are being invited into the beta every now and then. Eventually, I expect that everyone who is signed up will be in beta - that will occur in the "open beta" phase. Based on what I've heard about the open beta from 2003, my best guess is that we'll be in open beta within the next two or three weeks, because I think Cyan will run at least a month of open beta (as in 2003), and the game is scheduled to open commercially in December so time is running short!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:16 am 

AFAIK the open beta will work a bit different. Cyan is going to let in as many people as possible for a brief time of two or three days to stress test the server. After a open period beta will be closed again to fix bugs. When the bugs are fixed it starts over again.

[KI again #01792364]| Uru images | KI guide

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:49 am 
Obduction Backer

Yeah that. Limited duration open beta with few people / servers down for fixes / limited duration open beta with more people / servers down for fixes and so on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:54 pm 

@ Tiran and Rusty_Russell

Does that mean that if you are invited to open beta you will only have two to three days to play it before you're kicked off? :shock: Bummer :(

Kero - KI#33425
Tarma - KI#36702

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:05 pm 
Obduction Backer

It's our little way of supporting the Uru Live project!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:06 pm 
Obduction Backer

Yes, Kero - but you'll be invited back a couple of days later for the next round.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:24 am 

Kero wrote:
Does that mean that if you are invited to open beta you will only have two to three days to play it before you're kicked off? :shock: Bummer :(

As an open beta tester it's not your task to actually play the game. The duty is to put load on the server to stress test the system.

[KI again #01792364]| Uru images | KI guide

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:40 am 

hmmm - I'll put load on the server all right :twisted: If it's on the weekend then I'll do an overnighter - if it's during the weekday - well - I'll take vaction and do an overnighter. :wink: Speaking of weekends - that should be their heaviest volumn period - shouldn't it?

Kero - KI#33425
Tarma - KI#36702

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:55 am 
Obduction Backer

i seam to have read some where that the open beta will be open to all so any one can get one even if you did not sign up for beta.

one of the interviews i think

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:17 am 
Obduction Backer

Hi all,
In case you haven't read it, here's a good FAQ about Uru Live. Scroll on down to read the part about beta.

http://www.urulive.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1732

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]