It is currently Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:50 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: URU Choir
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:16 pm 

I was in the cavern yesterday and i happened to stumble upon the chior practicing with the voice chat.

I'd just like to say, cos i know some of you will be reading this, you were really quite amazing!

I'd love to join, shame i can't sing! lol.

I wish you guy's and gals all the best and i'll be looking forward to the gospel! lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:54 pm 

I was in the cavern too, but did not see or hear them :-( But maybe tomorrow at the Town Hall meeting :-)
I am an experienced choir singer myself thoug having a flue at the moment, so there is not much voice in me. Glad we can (still) use the good ol' keyboard!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 3:11 pm 
Obduction Backer

We passed briefly by UU and UL to test the streaming of music via voice chat in a 'hood community room. It wasn't a public appearance or anything. :)

On our website you can find more information and an email for contacts in case you want to join us: http://linguists.bahro.com/domahreh/cavernchoir/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 3:12 pm 

Thank you slightperil! We weren't really practising, we were testing different broadcasting options. (Voice chat in UruLive is pretty different from D'mala, it's much better) Singing "Live" wouldn't work because sound takes time to travel and we would all start at different times if we did that. We tried, hehe :lol:

[shameless plug]http://linguists.bahro.com/domahreh/cavernchoir/[/shameless plug]

Edit. Ian we posted at the same time. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 3:26 pm 

Hey, this is absolutely great!! What a tremendous idea! Just a shame we - ahem - you cannot sit with the headsets on and sing in real time, but I know that's impossible. But still, it must be phantastic to be able to tell people that you're member of the one an only virtual coir in the world - the Cavern Choir.

I'll think about it. I'm a tenor and I am good at reading notes. Perhaps it would be possible to record 4 voice songs some day...

Anyway, good luck with the singing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 3:39 pm 
Obduction Backer

This is so cool. I can totally understand why it didn't work, but still...!

This settles it. I'm getting voice chat ASAP. I sing alto. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:26 pm 

Thanks Ian & Junee for the info... I love to sing, as well, and already have Finale NotePad on my computer. Not sure where I would fit in, but my range is three octives... :?

URU Live KI #50911

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:59 pm 
Obduction Backer

Thanks for the kind words, Slightperil! What you heard was our first song as a choir. It was very interesting recording all of the parts and having Domahreh edit them together, and to hear that finished work.

Some folks in URU Live use EAX effects (which adds echo) and some don't, so we were experimenting with whether we should add echo to the recordings to give that "Cavern" sound.

We are planning our first "concert" in February... It will be a short (less is more) and sweet 4 or 5 song concert. The most difficult thing is finding non-copywrited material, but we have a growing list.

Cheers,

Dadguy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:04 pm 
Obduction Backer

Well... I write classical music. (Sibelius 4 rather than Finale :)).

http://www.swenco.com/music/processional_in_D.mp3

I'll give proper 4 part harmony a go if you'd like?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:28 pm 
Obduction Backer

That piece sounds great! And it would be nice to sing to some custom-made music. :)

I think Dom's getting in contact with other musicians in the community so you could drop him a message too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:02 pm 
Obduction Backer

Thanks for the praise, slightperil!

Astro: a tenor would be great:) please drop Domahreh a note, he is planning new auditions soon.
Another alto would be great too Keryth and three octaves sounds good, well any voice that can keep a tune and is able to figure out audacity to record it is welcome :mrgreen:

and mr Zebe D, a special composed piece from you for us to siing would be great! Off to listen to the link you gave here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:09 am 
Obduction Backer

I am a Tenor I with Perfect Pitch! Choir is My middle name! ...and "myst" is my next-to-last name! So, perfect Combo! I'll see ya int he Cavern!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:53 am 
Obduction Backer

I am so sorry I missed that guys. I've been dying to hear the cavern choir.

As I said in a previous post, I am very interested in setting up a Musician's Guild eventually -- Cowman and I actually set up a separate forum for a Musician's Guild, but I haven't followed up on it because we all were so busy testing etc.

I would love to get involved in the choir, but I probably have too heavy a voice for the type of music you are currently doing -- operatic training, spinto mezzo soprano. Not suited for light music.

Please let us know when you will be performing again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:25 am 
Obduction Backer

I'm sorry I missed you too.. but I have already visited your site and sent an email.. I hope you have room for more members! ^_^ In any case I look forward to hearing you :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:43 am 

Shorah! Also interested in the choir here. Tenor or baritone, depending on how sever my chronic cold is at any given time...lol. Don't know about availability time though. Hopefully it'll work out!

Jairden

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next