It is currently Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:03 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:05 am 

There seem to be a bug rather than a feature that is causing the users not to be able to convert over to a paid subscription.

What is supposed to happen is

1. If you have a promotional code account, you should still be able to choose to activate a subscription.
2. you enter all credit card information
3. Once you've submit the request, it should show up in your account profile that your promotional code is still valid and that once it expires you will then be charged and converted to paying account.

Thankfully this bug surfaced because of the inadvertent testing some of you did while converting the accounts. We have people looking into this issue and hopefully provide a fix before launch.

We will put another post up when this bug gets ironed out. Thank you all for being patient and letting us know of the problems.

Lbell

Edit 1-26-07
This issue has been resolved please visit this forum post for further information

http://www.urulive.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6164

Thanks

Lbell

Last edited by lbell on Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:14 am 

Is there any news for us non credit or debit card holders? Are we going to be able to subscribe using Paypal or direct debit? I don't want to be excluded After Beta is over :(

Ayla in M.O.U.L. KI#00313358

My facebook page.
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=566883777

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:34 am 

Well nuts, there goes my hopes for a launch today :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:00 pm 
Obduction Backer

Lbell, is there any news yet as to what international users will do? I would absolutely hate to loose this account that I'm using at the moment - how will we be able to pay for it and keep it active?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:15 pm 

Is there any news about ISRAEL????????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:20 pm 
Obduction Backer

Hi Lbell,

I posted a subject thread, Beta to GT accounts?, http://www.mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4647 on this forum bringing up this topic trying to find out how those of us with paid GT accounts we created when asked to to show support for the project can now merge or whatever our beta account so we don't lose our avvie progress. I was told I never should have opened a free beta account in beta but at the time I got my invitation, Nov. 8, I believe that was the process to use the special free account for beta with the beta activation code. I spoke with GT tech support and they said to log in to GT and then run the Uru install from there and then play via there and I should still be able to login to the Uru server with the beta account credentials when the Uru login comes up after hitting play. That did work one time. I tested again yesterday and now there is no Uru login but I go directly to Create New Player.

I would like to hold onto my current avvie and all related to it if possible and get it moved to the paid subscription account but so far the process has been very murky. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for everything.:wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:11 pm 

What Jek said :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:17 pm 

We are looking into how to resolve the issue for those early supporters of Mystonline. We want you to be able to keep your avatar . We will give an update once we look into our options.

Lbell

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:12 am 

Well, Darn, I guess I should've waited until I got a response, but...it's too late for me now...Good luck Jek!

Post subject: International Subs
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 4:34 am 
Obduction Backer

They say that "They also serve who only stand and wait". So I wait patiently at the end of the world. I understand the legalities require waders and fortitude and Cyan surely has both in spades.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:11 am 
Obduction Backer

What country are you in, Julia?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:30 am 
Obduction Backer

lbell wrote:
We are looking into how to resolve the issue for those early supporters of Mystonline. We want you to be able to keep your avatar . We will give an update once we look into our options.

Lbell

Here's an update, from my experience.

I logged in to my GameTap account yesterday and clicked on the Uru Live Beta link. It proceeded to download into C:\Program Files\GameTap\volumes\games\140000150\data. This is a different folder thatn the original open beta lives in, which was C:\Program Files
Myst OnLine (I think - I moves it a while ago). IN any event it did not overwrite any files that were previously on my computer. When I clicked on the Play icon, I got the same Patcher screen I have "always" used, and after doing some updates, I entered my GameTap username and password, as I have been doing all along. Some more downloading, and my avatar selection screen was there, and I got to Relto with my game status intact.

The only strangeness was that I had to download each age as I went t it - that took nearly an hour total of downloading. I tried to avoid that by copying the files over from my old folders, but that didn't help. You just have to make up your mind that you will be spending some time downloading, but the good news is:

My game status was completely intact! :D

Walt

walt: KI #00193642
walt scRIVENs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:18 am 

That's because you used the same GameTap login. What people are worried about is when they (mistakenly) have two or more different logins, with the avatar they're using not on the account they get to keep.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:43 pm 
Obduction Backer

IBell are you any closer to solving the 'visitor only bug'?

Its been over a month now since I have been able to be an explorer, my ticket was closed saying you were aware of this bug.

Sorry I couldn't find your original thread about this,

yours ever hopeful, lor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:33 pm 

AT LAST

After being only able to vist for weeks I have at last got this problem sorted.

I uninstalled everything, did a new download, reinstalled and Whallah! it worked.

lor is doing the happy dance. :lol:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next