It is currently Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:31 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 4:11 am 

I recently upgraded my computer, adding a second harddrive and more ram. And suffice to say I decided to move some programs to the new harddrive. Well suffice to say I uninstalled Gametap and reinstalled it on the new harddrive. And now 3 different times I have tried downloading Uru through Gametap and I have gotten an error each time. It will go and download and when its done it says the following about unable to access game files and telling me if the problem persists to restart Gametap or give them a call. Before I call them I just wanted to see here if anyone else has gotten this error.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:25 am 
Obduction Backer

Have you tried rebooting?

Have you tried completely removing GameTap (uninstalling), reinstalling, and then rebooting?

I had a similar issue just when GameTap updated itself. I had to reboot to get it to work.

Other options include the GameTap utilities to try and repair GameTap, etc.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:17 am 

I have had the same troubles since early December '06. I called Gametap numerous times with no resoloution and was finally referred to cyan to fill out a "ticket". When my answer came, Cyan refered me back to Gametap to their second tier support. If you find a soloution to your problem, I'd appreciate any help possible. Same here if I find out first.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:02 pm 
Obduction Backer

Understand I have no idea what's wrong, but this is just an idea.

After uninstalling GameTap, go into wherever GameTap was originally installed (usually C:\Program Files), and delete the GameTap folder if it's still there. Then reboot, and then reinstall on the new drive. If the uninstall isn't removing all the old data, it could be causing problems.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:59 pm 
Obduction Backer

I unsuccessfully downloaded MO:UL from GameTap four or five times before it finally worked...

It was quite frustrating because I was able to get to 100% percent of the files downloaded... but then GameTap encountered some kind of error unpacking the files and everything I had downloaded simply disappeared.

The final time, I located the temporary folder where the Uru Live files were being downloaded... I then paused the download at 98% and made a backup copy of all the temporary files and folders. I figured if it didn't work again at least I could put the temporary files back and wouldn't have to start from scratch. Strangely enough, when I restarted the download, my backup files turned out to be unnecessary since GameTap successfully unpacked the files.

Go figure.

(Maybe pausing the download and waiting for a bit before it ends was the solution. Perhaps the computer RAM gets bogged down at the end of the download?)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:53 am 

I had the same problem. I'm glad to see I'm not alone. I guess. It took for ever to download then came up with the error. I guess I will try again. then uninstall gametap, etc. What a pain.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:35 am 
Obduction Backer

Yes, it took me several days/sessions to get it all downloaded and installed on my computer, but I didn't have to delete anything. This week I went through all that again on my wife's computer, but it seems to have worked.

One thing I should pass along that I got from a GT tech on the phone. IF YOU HAVE WINDOWS FIREWALL DISABLED, open Windows Firewall in Control Panel, go to the Exceptions tab, and add GameTap.exe & GTUtil.exe to the list. I might have the names wrong, but it includes a "browse" feature to find them. You don't need to enable Windows Firewall if you are using another firewall, just need to let Windows Firewall recognize the Gametap programs. I don't know why, but it worked for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:14 am 

Well after the ice storm that hit the midwest last week. I lost power, and my cable tv/internet line snapped. Well when we got power back they also reconnected our cable. So for two days I had internet. Then the cable went out again on Friday and didn't come back on till this afternoon. Anyways after it came back on I retried downloading Uru. This time everything installed like it should no error message or anything.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]