It is currently Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:14 am

All times are UTC




Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 09, 2006 3:57 pm
Posts: 464
Location: Alabama, USA
I want to make sure I convert my GameTap Beta account into a GameTap Paid account correctly, so I won't have two accounts and/or lose my progress on my Beta account.

I've searched through the forums and couldn't find a post with detailed instructions on how to do so.

If someone here could give me very detailed instructions on what to do, I would appreciate that. :oops:

So far, all I know to do is to log into my account. Then, all I see is my account information and the giant yellow pacman on the right winking at me.

What do I do after that?

_________________
Look, it's a Bunny!

Image


Last edited by ToxicMoon on Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 1:29 am
Posts: 67
http://www.urulive.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5564

Quote:
Let me clarify that this is only for people currently paying for a GameTap account and NOT for people who just want to transition their current beta account to a full paid account. (Those instructions will come at a later date.)


As far as I can tell, that is the last word on that at this point in time.

_________________
Blind Man: A fish saved my life once.
Cord: How?
Blind Man: I ate him.

Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 09, 2006 3:57 pm
Posts: 464
Location: Alabama, USA
I'm just getting a little worried. :?

Edit: Apparently I just like to worry. :oops:

_________________
Look, it's a Bunny!

Image


Last edited by ToxicMoon on Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:07 pm 
Offline
Obduction Backer

Joined: Sun May 28, 2006 6:38 pm
Posts: 787
If you have two accounts, and one is a beta, one is a paid, send an email to the email listed in that thread.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:30 pm
Posts: 937
Location: Denmark
ToxicMoon wrote:
I've been hearing that the Free Beta time ends on January 18th, though.

I'm just getting a little worried. :?

Say where did you hear that??

_________________
Astro, KI# 00147777
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:17 am
Posts: 466
astro wrote:
ToxicMoon wrote:
I've been hearing that the Free Beta time ends on January 18th, though.

I'm just getting a little worried. :?

Say where did you hear that??
If it is true, I doubt very much its the same for internationals. IF its true in the first place ;)

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:25 am 
Offline
Obduction Backer

Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 8:29 pm
Posts: 1284
Location: UK
astro wrote:
ToxicMoon wrote:
I've been hearing that the Free Beta time ends on January 18th, though.

I'm just getting a little worried. :?

Say where did you hear that??

I've heard that date bounced around too, but not by anyone in the know - I'm guessing that it's just a roumer that started somehow.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:16 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 09, 2006 3:57 pm
Posts: 464
Location: Alabama, USA
Moleculor wrote:
If you have two accounts, and one is a beta, one is a paid, send an email to the email listed in that thread.


I only have one, which is why I was asking the question. :)

I'm not international, either.

astro wrote:
Say where did you hear that??


As far as where I heard that, I just searched through the forums, and found where I think I got the information. I had badly misread a date in darkstar's post.

It was implied as December 18th, but I read it as January for some reason. :oops:

I'm not very observant sometimes. Either that, or I can't read. :oops:

This Thread has the post about December 18th

_________________
Look, it's a Bunny!

Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 17, 2006 8:19 pm
Posts: 8
I only have a beta account also, ToxicMoon. I called customer service a week or so ago to find out when the beta offer ends. I was told January 17th was the final day.

Because that day is almost upon us, I emailed them yesterday to see if the date had changed and when I would have to subscribe to GameTap if I wanted to continue playing Uru Live.

The response:

"Thank you for contacting GameTap customer support. Thank you for the inquiry but you will not need to change your acount in anyway. Beta accounts do not end and will not need to be changed over to paying subscription because of that fact. There is nothing you need to do just continue to use your GameTap account and enjoy the service. Thank you for choosing GameTap and expanding your playground."

Guess we'll have to wait and see what happens on the 18th. :?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 09, 2006 3:57 pm
Posts: 464
Location: Alabama, USA
That reply sounded very automated...

::Starts worrying again::

:shock: :shock:

_________________
Look, it's a Bunny!

Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:36 pm 
Offline
Obduction Backer

Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:45 pm
Posts: 189
Location: Relto (for now) Jared KI: 89114
RavensEcho wrote:
I only have a beta account also, ToxicMoon. I called customer service a week or so ago to find out when the beta offer ends. I was told January 17th was the final day.

Because that day is almost upon us, I emailed them yesterday to see if the date had changed and when I would have to subscribe to GameTap if I wanted to continue playing Uru Live.

The response:

"Thank you for contacting GameTap customer support. Thank you for the inquiry but you will not need to change your acount in anyway. Beta accounts do not end and will not need to be changed over to paying subscription because of that fact. There is nothing you need to do just continue to use your GameTap account and enjoy the service. Thank you for choosing GameTap and expanding your playground."

Guess we'll have to wait and see what happens on the 18th. :?

Question, did you say you had a GameTap beta account, or a free account through the MOUL beta? Those are two completely separate things.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 17, 2006 8:19 pm
Posts: 8
jweir wrote:
Question, did you say you had a GameTap beta account, or a free account through the MOUL beta? Those are two completely separate things.


I don't subscribe to GameTap and I'm not currently paying any fee to play any games at GameTap. I do use the GameTap interface to log into Uru. When I called to inquire about it, I was told the free beta offer only ran through January 17th.

As GreyDragon stated here,
Quote:
Let me clarify that this is only for people currently paying for a GameTap account and NOT for people who just want to transition their current beta account to a full paid account. (Those instructions will come at a later date.)


Maybe the date has been changed since I called but I was told the 17th was the final day and if that's correct, we need instructions soon. :)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron