It is currently Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:56 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:59 pm 

Personally I love the idea of having both a mix of single and multiplayer puzzles.
I have always liked the way that URU mirrors many aspects of real life society. It puts people in situations where they might have to open a dialogue, explore, question, think.
The thing that URU gives me that my real life doesnt is the opportunity to explore some amazing places that just dont exist on planet Earth :0)

Oh and before someone tells me that there are many wonderful places on our Earth to explore and what am I doing here, I will say this...

Gametap / URU subscription is nowhere near the cost of a plane ticket ;0)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:53 pm 

Great MartG, that was a fantastic job with only three, snd ShellShock must be some kinda spped sprinter...wowo great

"We Build Worlds"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 5:01 am 
Obduction Backer

I've done Delin with 12 interested and patient non-related hoodmembers, and the mere getting together of a diverse group of people was a buzz which perhaps outweighed the relief of getting through the door after several attempts. All but one person were interested in going through the door, but 2 days ago I watched a group of 9 non-related players get together so that one person could go through the door and that was really heartening.

I don't mind the producers mixing types of puzzles, and how to meet and relate to people in order to produce the desired outcome is simply one more puzzle for me.

It would be nice if the limit on numbers required could be dropped a little though. Playing from an RL in Australia as I am, there are often mostly not enough otherwise unoccupied caverners to make up a team of 8. I love hanging out with Europe and the USA when I can, but this cuts it down to really only Sunday for me, or I will age unnaturally :( . Someone should measure the bags under my eyes.. :shock:

I am aware that the puzzle has been solved with less than 8, but this requires luck or endurance until the optimal number sequence comes up. We tried it with a group of 5 and of 4, with no success, inspite of heroic leaping and bounding. :D An optimal number of people was replaced by an increased time requirement for obtaining an optimal sequence.

I wonder if it is possible to tweak this slightly in multiplayer puzzles, if things do not improve when Uru launches, and make a lot of people a great deal happier? This is said without detracting from the exhilarating successful group efforts above, which blew me away, or from the aims and efforts of the producers of the game, whose efforts to get this world into ours can't be applauded enough. :D

Gehn's number plus caller perhaps?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:51 pm 

Groan wrote:
I wish to give thanks to Ravenclaw. Finn, Granelda, Frodo, Penni, Cdmccal, Kxxt, Myst Aiken, and Ki Sak. Hope I didn't miss anyone, You are all gentlepeople. You showed patience, humility, cooperation, and organization in getting a group through Delin. People like you keep me coming back to the cavern. Much thanks from an old man. I hope to live up to your fine example. Group things are difficult for a loner like myself. You made it easier for me, unlike my experience earlier today. :)

It was my pleasure Groan. Thanks for the kind words...

Sil_Oh_Wet's Bevin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:41 am 

This is definately a tough age. I finally got a team together and we figured out what to do and all. But we never got to complete the code before the timer reset.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:13 pm 
Obduction Backer

Julia Sinclair wrote:
It would be nice if the limit on numbers required could be dropped a little though. Playing from an RL in Australia as I am, there are often mostly not enough otherwise unoccupied caverners to make up a team of 8. I love hanging out with Europe and the USA when I can, but this cuts it down to really only Sunday for me, or I will age unnaturally :( . Someone should measure the bags under my eyes.. :shock:

I am aware that the puzzle has been solved with less than 8, but this requires luck or endurance until the optimal number sequence comes up. We tried it with a group of 5 and of 4, with no success, inspite of heroic leaping and bounding. :D An optimal number of people was replaced by an increased time requirement for obtaining an optimal sequence.

Can be done with two, has been done with two, several times in a row with suboptimal number sequences. Three should be much easier already. There's not much that can be dropped there.

The real problem, though, is that it requires really good coordination among the people - which isn't too easy to achieve in a diverse group of people.

I'm not sure if this is intentional or not by Cyan - but spending a few hours to solve an age doesn't seem prohibitive, considering that there's going to be like 1 new age per month.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:49 am 

Bottom line, I didn't like it but I can live with it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:30 pm 

I also don't like it but will have to live with it. I like to explore by my self and this makes it impossible. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:29 pm 

Quote:
2 days ago I watched a group of 9 non-related players get together so that one person could go through the door and that was really heartening.

:P I've seen - and participated - in groups like this. It's LOTS of fun! :P Maybe we need to start of list of who would be willing to gather for the benefit of somebody who isn't interested in doing more than just getting through the door. That way, the group interaction for them would be shortened [they wouldn't have to put up with us for long]. An experienced bunch of explorers have gotten this particular piece of the action down to a fine art.

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy... and good with catsup. (P. Rice)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:33 pm 

personally, i did not like the idea of multi-player-only puzzles, but after doing it i found it was a lot of fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:41 pm 

Nakedible;
Quote:
I'm not sure if this is intentional or not by Cyan - but spending a few hours to solve an age doesn't seem prohibitive, considering that there's going to be like 1 new age per month.

That will be fine if they get the bugs out.
The Devil Door :twisted: is buggy and should be fixed or nuked from orbit. Your choice.

It shouldn't take 8 people 2 1/2/ hours to open that door. Even allowing time to organize a bunch of new people. The door is buggy. resets at random and it's just mostly luck to get it open.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8