It is currently Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:26 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:57 pm 

Just wondering... I know it was said somewhere that they were waiting until they worked out the issues with Eder Delin before opening up the next part of the city.... Anyone heard anything new about that?

-Bonnie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:08 pm 
Obduction Backer

Tomorrow, probably. You can usually discount weekends for new content.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:10 pm 

Yeah, I figured the weekends were a sort of dead zone for new stuff but tomorrow would be nice. Here's hoping.....

-Bonnie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:45 pm 

On my calendar I mark new Uru content, and I can see that something (not nessesarily and Age or new City content) comes up almost every day but the weekends.

Cyan need rest of course ;)

We can't expect them to turn out their high quality product if they get no rest.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:05 pm 

I agree Cyan needs 2 days of rest. So I propose Tuesdays & Wednesdays. Guess when most people go online to play MMOs? Yep.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:11 pm 
Obduction Backer

Actually I've been in Uru on Friday and Saturday nights and it has just been DEAD. There are far more people on Tuesday nights than Friday. I think people have other things they prefer doing on their weekend nights than playing video games.

So I'd say Cyan's update schedule is pretty well timed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:27 am 

Nick White (one of the DRC) actually said he hadn't heard anything about a new part of the City opening. That was Friday, though. Or maybe we aren't counting old areas as new areas and the T junction will be released tomorrow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:10 am 
Obduction Backer

Yes, I doubt that the "brand new never seen before" applied to the new area of the city. They probably are refering to opening the next step in the city, i.e. the cave T-junction.

Permit me to speculate a little. I've always had this OOC theory (even back in the Prologue days), that the city opening stages are a sort of progress meter towards the official launch. On the day of the official launch we would either be able to enter the library courtyard or actually enter the library. So if the cave T-junction does open then there are only one or two more steps until launch. Again, this is pure speculation.

But it would be great if they opened something in the city that has never been opened before. Sure it would be great if it was something substantial like the palace or the guild hall (not very likely to happen anytime soon), but I would be happy if they opened some simple area that could be done very easily, like one of the small areas beyond the locked gates in the courtyard at the top of the Great Stairs, or the gate next to where the teledahn "dock page" bahro stone is found when it is available.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:33 am 

Yeah... I would be happy just to see a little more of what we already know about, but some place we've never been before would be really great.

I'd like to think the sounds of construction have something to do with what's coming next, but I'm guessing the reality is that's just ambiance....

-Bonnie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:25 pm 

I'm guessing the museum may open next. Or the path to the library (but the bridge is broken, but I'm not really sure where that bridge leads). Or the barriers will be taken down by the Great Curtain :D Too much to hope for. In fact, I don't care what opens up, as long as it has Great Zero markers :P

I've been thinking that the amount of markers we can obtain will tell us how far away the game launch is. When the game goes live, we can fully use the Great Zero!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:03 pm 

By the way, in terms of launch, RAWA (a Cyantist, for those new who don't know who that is) has posted on the DRC forums that right now launch is being delayed for reasons other than production. So it seems Cyan's end is going swimmingly and most people over there think that it's so GameTap can prepare stuff and marketing and whatnot. :)

Sosiqui in Cavern

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:36 pm 

So there's not going to be any updates in Uru for at least 4 days in a row now? :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:02 pm 
Obduction Backer

It's early today yet for Cyan. There's been no official statement of no new content today.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:07 pm 
Obduction Backer

And there won't always be an official statement.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:27 pm 

Sosiqui wrote:
By the way, in terms of launch, RAWA (a Cyantist, for those new who don't know who that is) has posted on the DRC forums that right now launch is being delayed for reasons other than production. So it seems Cyan's end is going swimmingly and most people over there think that it's so GameTap can prepare stuff and marketing and whatnot. :)

RAWA has been found??? :shock: :shock:

Wasn't he...missing?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am...than loved for who I'm not..."

Vant Zant~Help Somebody

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next