It is currently Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:14 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:29 pm 

deathsbedbug wrote:
Sosiqui wrote:
By the way, in terms of launch, RAWA (a Cyantist, for those new who don't know who that is) has posted on the DRC forums that right now launch is being delayed for reasons other than production. So it seems Cyan's end is going swimmingly and most people over there think that it's so GameTap can prepare stuff and marketing and whatnot. :)

RAWA has been found??? :shock: :shock:

Wasn't he...missing?

That would be Dr. Watson.

(Or something.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:40 pm 

Yes, RAWA is still an active Cyan employee, while Dr. Watson has been missing for the past couple years. RAWA recently posted on the DRC forums about the differences between them, and remarked that it isn't really that unusual to have two Cyan employees (Dr. Watson was one briefly) with the same name.

KI# 45434

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:38 pm 

Okay, makes a bit more sense then, thank you.

As a side note...I haven't been able to do much on the DRC forums...it won't let me log in for some reason, so I can read, but not post, even though I have posted before, so I dunno. :?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am...than loved for who I'm not..."

Vant Zant~Help Somebody

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:26 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

Delete your drcsite.org and www.drcsite.org cookies to fix logon problems.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:04 pm 
Obduction Backer

I think the "new area of the city" was actually meant to be the Great Zero stuff. I think originally their plan was to open both on the same day and the guy who wrote the "new part of city" thing on the What's Happening Now page just didn't get the memo that the GZ had already been opened.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:12 pm 

deathsbedbug wrote:
Sosiqui wrote:
By the way, in terms of launch, RAWA (a Cyantist, for those new who don't know who that is) has posted on the DRC forums that right now launch is being delayed for reasons other than production. So it seems Cyan's end is going swimmingly and most people over there think that it's so GameTap can prepare stuff and marketing and whatnot. :)

RAWA has been found??? :shock: :shock:

Wasn't he...missing?

RAWA was never lost. Dr. Richard A. Watson is still lost.

KI #00072427[Kedry]
"Conjecture is not fact, and opinion is not fact, and no matter how many times you say it, it doesn't make it true." - Shaun Lyon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:22 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

Whoa, chucker, it looks like Kedri has put you on the ignore list. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:01 am 

Dan'nee wrote:
I think the "new area of the city" was actually meant to be the Great Zero stuff. I think originally their plan was to open both on the same day and the guy who wrote the "new part of city" thing on the What's Happening Now page just didn't get the memo that the GZ had already been opened.

So Cyan doesn't know when things are released? That's real professional of them. :roll: I do believe Cyan wrote that press release themself, and they even said another part of the city was supposed to open the same day but Delin took priority.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:44 am 
Obduction Backer

GAThrawn wrote:
So Cyan doesn't know when things are released? That's real professional of them. :roll: I do believe Cyan wrote that press release themself, and they even said another part of the city was supposed to open the same day but Delin took priority.

The website is run by Gametap, not Cyan, and it is a lot more likely that Gametap made the press release as they have a marketing department and Cyan doesn't.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:02 am 

My guess would be if the press release was talking about the GZ, Cyan made the GZ available a touch early, or the press release came a touch later than Cyan expected it to.

However, the ResEngs in game that day said that the city parts wouldn't open until Delin was fixed--that indicates there WAS supposed to be another one opened doesn't it? Or no, since I've read they are GT employees?

Vant Zant~Help Somebody

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:04 am 
Obduction Backer

deathsbedbug wrote:
My guess would be if the press release was talking about the GZ, Cyan made the GZ available a touch early, or the press release came a touch later than Cyan expected it to.

However, the ResEngs in game that day said that the city parts wouldn't open until Delin was fixed--that indicates there WAS supposed to be another one opened doesn't it? Or no, since I've read they are GT employees?

ResEngs are Cyan employees but they don't necessarily know everything that's going on back there. (See the number of times they've given different answers to the same question..)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:11 am 

JWPlatt wrote:
Whoa, chucker, it looks like Kedri has put you on the ignore list. ;)

I'll survive. ;)

(Or something.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:22 am 
Obduction Backer

I think Da'nee is correct. I think the GZ was the new content and someone goofed when they put new ares of the city along with Delin. Nick White aluded to that when asked on the day Delin was released. He said he hadn't heard anything about areas of the city being opened, and said something to the effect that the GZ was just opened and that was new.

Win 7 64bit-Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0GHz-4GB mem-EVGA GeForce GTX 260oc-Creative SB X-Fi Extreme Gamer - 15MB fiber optic conn

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:54 am 

:cry: Sits around and twiddles thumbs waiting for update then... :shock:

Vant Zant~Help Somebody

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:20 pm 
Obduction Backer

Am I the only one who is happy with the way things have been going? New content, or newly released old content, for me, has been happening sooner than I thought it would. Now that the GZ is open and Eder Delin has been released, there is so much to do, that I'm not even thinking about new content.

Even after getting through the door in Delin and getting the 21 possible markers, there is a lot to do. Helping others find their markers or helping with the puzzle in Delin is loads of fun.

Any experience you have is going to be based on what you bring to it. That's how I feel, anyway. I know everyone else is different. I'm not judging or preaching here. I'm just wondering. I don't see too many posts saying how much fun people are having.

I absolutely love the Delin puzzle. It's buggy, it's complicated and frustrating and that's what I love about it. If it was easy, it wouldn't be much fun for me. I also love how it brings people together.

Okay, I'll be quiet now. :oops:

Win 7 64bit-Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0GHz-4GB mem-EVGA GeForce GTX 260oc-Creative SB X-Fi Extreme Gamer - 15MB fiber optic conn

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next