It is currently Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:16 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:42 am 
Obduction Backer

Could the mods please change the thread topic?

(Dear Gametap, please get your facts straight before sending out mass e-mails. Sincerely, Me.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:42 am 

Ahah! 9 from 15 is 6... the exact number of former liaisons + Prof. Askew!

Explain that if you can!

:!:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:45 am 

Well people were right.... gametap was wrong before and they were wrong now... do i see a pattern there?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:51 am 

Heh, I'm suddenly reminded of the time when I (working on sending out e-newsletters) totally sent out the wrong date on SEVERAL things and had to scramble to correct it with a new e-mail. It was most flaily.

Good luck, poor flaily newsletter person at Gametap! And may the 2/15 date be correct... even if it's not quite as poetic as the original e-mail said.

Sosiqui in Cavern

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:58 am 
Creative Kingdoms

DCJoeDog wrote:
I just got a correction email from GameTap saying that the Mark your calendar date was wrong, it is in fact now going to launch on the 15th of Feb.

Why am I not surprised? Do they ever get Uru news right the first time? Does anyone? The new Launch date is February 15th, if you can believe it this time. So much for sentiment. Ok, well, it's pretty close, but not poetically close.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:06 am 
Obduction Backer

tkwiggins wrote:
Ahah! 9 from 15 is 6... the exact number of former liaisons + Prof. Askew!

Explain that if you can!

:!:

:lol: :lol: Reminds me of the "History" Channel's program on the Bible Code I glanced at today... is it just me or is that channel filled with less and less real history every day? ;)

[/offtopic]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:12 am 

JWPlatt wrote:
DCJoeDog wrote:
I just got a correction email from GameTap saying that the Mark your calendar date was wrong, it is in fact now going to launch on the 15th of Feb.

Why am I not surprised? Do they ever get Uru news right the first time? Does anyone? The new Launch date is February 15th, if you can believe it this time. So much for sentiment. Ok, well, it's pretty close, but not poetically close.

Wasn't February 15th the launch of D'mala? Or... a day off?

And I suspect it can be believed this time. After all, it'd make no sense to correct a mistake with a second mistake... :? *shrug* At least, I hope so.

Sosiqui in Cavern

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:13 am 
Obduction Backer

Lord I wish Gametap and Cyan would get on the same page.. I just contacted a ResEng who said that they haven't been given the official release date. (Although he said that if Gametap set a date, then that's probably what they're aiming for)

Sigh.. where's Greydragon when you need him?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:20 am 
Creative Kingdoms

They got the size wrong for the flame proof suit he was given to enter the edit timer thread and he's waiting for the replacement.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:22 am 

Request has been sent to edit my post with the Correction from GameTap. Sorry I'm a bit late on it guys, was in SWN, and not checking mail. :?

Eh, a week more won't kill me to wait. :D

We're STILL goin Live!! WOOHOOO!

"I'd rather be hated for who I am...than loved for who I'm not..."

Vant Zant~Help Somebody

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:36 am 

As we all know they already jumped the gun once. I would wait to hear something official from Cyan before I would believe the date as set by Gametap.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:45 am 
Obduction Backer

Really, gametap has the control over the release date, they're the one's who are funding Mo:ul so they have the final say on the release date, not cyan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:03 am 
Obduction Backer

Yes, Gametap has the money, but the launch date must really be set by some combination of marketing, content production, and bug-fixing factors. Both Gametap and Cyan know those factors. We don't.

(And even if there's some disagreement between the two companies, they're not going to air it in public!)

I'm wary of miscommunication between different parts of Gametap, not of disagreements between Gametap and Cyan. As everyone has said, we've seen *lots* of such miscommunication already.

So far, http://mystonline.com/happening.html has made the only announcement that proved correct: Eder Delin on the 19th. (And even that goes on to talk about a new city area, which doesn't seem to have happened.)

Note, in contrast, that http://www.gametap.com/home/myst/index.html still says "getting close to the official launch on Dec 21st."

So watch those and don't get too tied up in the Feb 8th-I-mean-15th date yet. Disappointment is stressful. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:09 am 
Obduction Backer

The new area of the city is the great zero, they already semi-clarified that , and wasnt the dec 21st launch the open beta, not the product launch?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:16 am 
Obduction Backer

Yes, Dec 20th (not 21st) was the beta opening. My point is that this is the Gametap front page for Myst, and (a) it confuses beta with launch, and (b) it's written in future tense, meaning that it hasn't been updated for the past month.

So Gametap has, as we geek would say, internal race conditions. :)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next