It is currently Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:09 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:29 pm 
Obduction Backer

FreeLanZer wrote:
I think it's very very wrong from Gametaps side to announce US-only information when us International user don't get information at the exact same time.. I thought we were way past the time where Gametap treated US and Canadian users better than International users.. What the fiery abyss is wrong?
It's like International users are only guests when US and Canadian users are VIP's in MOUL and the whole Gametap service.. I thought Cyan would keep the promise that International users certainly not would be neglected in any way. I see the exact opposite right in this very moment.

What do you mean by we don't get the information at the same time??? I got the 2 mails from Gametap: in fact, it is the gametap newsletters that anyone can receive.

when I registered for open beta trough gametap as an international player living in France, in the registration form we were asked if we wanted to receive the gametap newsletter and I answered yes... Maybe you forgot to answer yes to that and it is why you don't get the informations like anyone else ???

Unless you are refering to something else when you speak about not receiving the informations??? :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:35 pm 
Obduction Backer

zam wrote:
FreeLanZer wrote:
I think it's very very wrong from Gametaps side to announce US-only information when us International user don't get information at the exact same time.. I thought we were way past the time where Gametap treated US and Canadian users better than International users.. What the fiery abyss is wrong?
It's like International users are only guests when US and Canadian users are VIP's in MOUL and the whole Gametap service.. I thought Cyan would keep the promise that International users certainly not would be neglected in any way. I see the exact opposite right in this very moment.

What do you mean by we don't get the information at the same time??? I got the 2 mails from Gametap: in fact, it is the gametap newsletters that anyone can receive.

when I registered for open beta trough gametap as an international player living in France, in the registration form we were asked if we wanted to receive the gametap newsletter and I answered yes... Maybe you forgot to answer yes to that and it is why you don't get the informations like anyone else ???

Unless you are refering to something else when you speak about not receiving the informations??? :?

Well, I do know that I saw posts on this forum about the email before I ever received it. We need to remember that not all email is instantaneous. Different email providers have different connection speeds, different busy times, etc. Could this be part of the problem?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:43 pm 

just as a note about the gametap emails: if you're signed up for the newsletter and you think you're not getting them, check your junk mail. i found both of them in mine. to be sure this didn't happen again, i've whitelisted anything from gametap's email address.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:01 pm 
Obduction Backer

kateR wrote:
...and btw.: I second that Freelanzer! ^^

It's a shame they could'nt give information right at the very same time.
Again we international explorers are helpless, asking ourself : What is going on ?

Again couldn't edit my post and I am forced to repeat and doublepost.

There was a missunderstanding on my side, because in fact I got the Gametap Newsletter, therefore agreeing with FreeLanZer, was due to I got the email, simply wrong.

In my agreement I was according with ....
FreeLanZer wrote:
I thought Cyan would keep the promise that International users certainly not would be neglected in any way. I see the exact opposite right in this very moment.

... because, though I got the mail, I got NO information, about what this does mean for me, an international explorer.

:shock: Will I be locked off that day? :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:27 pm 

That's a very good point, and one you guys may want to begin a thread about to get some official response, if you haven't already. :D I've seen that very question on UO forums as well, and am curious how the change will be made myself, although I was already a GT subscriber in the US before Uru came to GT.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am...than loved for who I'm not..."

Vant Zant~Help Somebody

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:40 pm 
Obduction Backer

This has been said before, but we will get locked out from the end of beta until GameTap goes live in our country. International GameTap rollout appears to be running late too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:59 pm 
Obduction Backer

FreeLanZer wrote:
I think it's very very wrong from Gametap's side to announce US-only information when us International users don't get information at the exact same time.. I thought we were way past the time where Gametap treated US and Canadian users better than International users.. What is wrong?

Considering that Gametap is not available internationally and US and Canadian users are paying subscribers while international users are (currently) not.. then yes US and Canadian users ARE VIPs right now.

It is Cyan's responsibility to give the international info, not Gametap. And Cyan has been pretty quiet about.. well.. EVERYTHING.. the past week. (No game updates, RAWA's posted once and Greydragon nil.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:34 pm 
Obduction Backer

Hm ... seems to be the iterant problem of: When the left hand doesn't know what the other hand is doing ... :? (Cyan/Gametap)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:58 pm 
Obduction Backer

Quote:
It is Cyan's responsibility to give the international info, not Gametap.
No, it isn't. Internationals from GreyDragon's list are awaiting a GameTap rollout in their country. We've known from the outset that beta accounts would expire when URU Live went live. I called the time between URU Live and the GameTap internationalisation suspended animation when this topic came up before.

A go-live date for UL has concentrated the mind. Now we need dates from GameTap for the GameTap client itself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:18 pm 
Obduction Backer

Rusty_Russell wrote:
Internationals from GreyDragon's list are awaiting a GameTap rollout in their country. We've known from the outset that beta accounts would expire when URU Live went live. I called the time between URU Live and the GameTap internationalisation suspended animation when this topic came up before.

A go-live date for UL has concentrated the mind. Now we need dates from GameTap for the GameTap client itself.

Not true.
Randomos says here that there will be a standalone version of MOUL for international users in countries where Gametap is not yet present.

Quote:
Because of the additional costs required to set-up, administer, and cover VAT taxes for the first wave of countries, the standalone version of Myst Online will have a standard monthly price of $12.95 US. Once GameTap expands into each international territory, Myst Online will be offered as part of that country’s standard GameTap service plan.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:22 pm 

macnbc wrote:
Not true.
Randomos says here that there will be a standalone version of MOUL for international users in countries where Gametap is not yet present.

Quote:
Because of the additional costs required to set-up, administer, and cover VAT taxes for the first wave of countries, the standalone version of Myst Online will have a standard monthly price of $12.95 US. Once GameTap expands into each international territory, Myst Online will be offered as part of that country’s standard GameTap service plan.

The GameTap service isn't present, yes. But GameTap is still the company handling your subscriptions.

It is up to GameTap to announce international support.

(Or something.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:25 pm 
Obduction Backer

Thanks for that. We're still waiting on dates from GameTap though.

Randomos wrote:
We currently believe that the launch date for the international participation in the cavern will be during our launch window - at the same time as the general launch or as shortly thereafter as is technically possible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:15 pm 

GD just posted an announcement that the 15th is in fact the launch date of live 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:31 pm 
Obduction Backer

Not only did he announce the 15th as release date for Live, but the 15th is also the release date for Eder Tsoghal AND the INTERNATIONAL launch of MOUL.

http://www.mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6157

-------------------------------------------

Mod's note: Depending on how you log in, that link may or may not take you to the thread. If not, this one might...

http://www.urulive.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6157

RV

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:12 pm 
Obduction Backer

Last night I wrote:

"My point is that this is the Gametap front page for Myst, and (a) it confuses beta with launch, and (b) it's written in future tense, meaning that it hasn't been updated for the past month."

Upon further investigation, I was wrong. Mostly wrong. I saw an old form of the page because I'm using my locked-down browser -- Javascript is off. With a normal browser, you see more up-to-date and correct information -- although it still hasn't been updated to announce the launch.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next